High serotonin makes you annoying

Grouptose

It doesn't suprise me that the same chemical that is released during laughter will cause a person to become annoying when they have excessive amounts of it, think about it, people who laugh all the time are some of the most annoying, least respected people.

I know this because when I went on SSRIS, that was one big behaviour change that I noticed, I developed into a "annoying loser who tries to get attention" instead of "a person with self respect who focuses on what they want to do", the change literally happened with in 24 hours of taking my first dose, I kept laughing constantly like a weirdo, running around, pretty much adhd/aspie

=

golder

It doesn't suprise me that the same chemical that is released during laughter will cause a person to become annoying when they have excessive amounts of it, think about it, people who laugh all the time are some of the most annoying, least respected people.

I know this because when I went on SSRIS, that was one big behaviour change that I noticed, I developed into a "annoying loser who tries to get attention" instead of "a person with self respect who focuses on what they want to do", the change literally happened with in 24 hours of taking my first dose, I kept laughing constantly like a weirdo, running around, pretty much adhd/aspie

=
I didn’t notice people on SSRIs laugh more? I thought they laughed less..

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

I didn’t notice people on SSRIs laugh more? I thought they laughed less..
SSRIS make laughing less pleasurable, but more frequent, if that makes sense. Often times you don't really laugh because things are funny, you laugh because things are going wrong and life sucks, it sort of triggers that "laughing out of anger and pain" expression, whereas with high dopamine and low serotonin you laugh less but when you do it feels meaningful, you truly find something funny and it is pleasurable

golder

SSRIS make laughing less pleasurable, but more frequent, if that makes sense. Often times you don't really laugh because things are funny, you laugh because things are going wrong and life sucks, it sort of triggers that "laughing out of anger and pain" expression, whereas with high dopamine and low serotonin you laugh less but when you do it feels meaningful, you truly find something funny and it is pleasurable
Fair enough, good distinction. I feel like I’m quite high seratonin and I rarely laugh or see the funny side of anything, which ties in with my poor metabolism.

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

Fair enough, good distinction. I feel like I’m quite high seratonin and I rarely laugh or see the funny side of anything, which ties in with my poor metabolism
Whenever I have the inability to find things funny, my automatic reaction is "theres something wrong with my digestion or I ate something wrong" and to be honest it all makes sense. In nature, if you ate something poisonous, you would never sit down and laugh at something funny, or think about doing fun things, enjoying your time, seeing the beauty in nature, because your biology is too busy telling your brain "Ay yo, you just ate some bad ***t, I'm gonna make you numb to fun things so that you can be depressed enough to not eat something like that again (regret)

That's why people feel regret after eating, they eat the wrong stuff that they can't digest, the more I improve my digestion and find foods that agree with me, the less symptoms of high serotonin I get. Hope you get well

SamYo123

We all respect authority that takes a set of rules/thing seriously when they feed us...

Imagine a laughing clown laughing when hes flying a plane, vs the guy whos taking things seriously, and focused, hes ready to tell the laughing clown to stfu, we respect these people... biological...

Woman tingle for masculinity vs the laughing clown...

We all respect authority that takes a set of rules/thing seriously when they feed us...

Imagine a laughing clown laughing when hes flying a plane, vs the guy whos taking things seriously, and focused, hes ready to tell the laughing clown to stfu, we respect these people... biological...

Woman tingle for masculinity vs the laughing clown...

It's true that more "chill" people I've noticed tend to be treated more seriously, on average, than the insane clown type verbose people.

I do think the last sentence is debatable though. I have seen plenty of women chasing after loud, crazy, psychopathic-type men who never stop talking, so long as they're tall/hot/have deep voices/etc. I mean not all women clearly like these loud guys as women who have liked me seem to only do so because of my looks and "vibe" maybe.

I know that there's clearly some correlation between serotonin and how it animates or makes people act/think/etc. vs. not having as much serotonin over time or such.

Plenty won't want to admit it, but these psycho/clown type dudes are the ones who seem to grab women's attention more, even if that alone doesn't always attract them. I'd say the reason why is that -- if there's nothing else "big" going for a guy -- then him being a crazed clown gives him some kind of "image" to project of himself better.

Last edited:

Cloudhands

It's true that more "chill" people I've noticed tend to be treated more seriously, on average, than the insane clown type verbose people.

I do think the last sentence is debatable though. I have seen plenty of women chasing after loud, crazy, psychopathic-type men who never stop talking, so long as they're tall/hot/have deep voices/etc. I mean not all women clearly like these loud guys as women who have liked me seem to only do so because of my looks and "vibe" maybe.

I know that there's clearly some correlation between serotonin and how it animates or makes people act/think/etc. vs. not having as much serotonin over time or such.

Plenty won't want to admit it, but these psycho/clown type dudes are the ones who seem to grab women's attention more, even if that alone doesn't always attract them. I'd say the reason why is that -- if there's nothing else "big" going for a guy -- then him being a crazed clown gives him some kind of "image" to project of himself better.
i think that it has more to do with openness. you can be quiet and chill and have a big ego and take urself super seriously, or you can be loud and obnoxious and have a big ego and take urself seriously. or you can be quiet and chill but friendly and go with the flow, or you can be loud and flamboyant and be go with the flow. go with the flow will make most girls more comfortable and attracted to you, but girls with high serotonin or big egos will usually be attracted to men with big egos, vice versa.

i think that it has more to do with openness. you can be quiet and chill and have a big ego and take urself super seriously, or you can be loud and obnoxious and have a big ego and take urself seriously. or you can be quiet and chill but friendly and go with the flow, or you can be loud and flamboyant and be go with the flow. go with the flow will make most girls more comfortable and attracted to you, but girls with high serotonin or big egos will usually be attracted to men with big egos, vice versa.

Probably mostly all looks honestly. I mean, yeah, things like vibe, voice, resonance matter, but all of that is observed or filtered through one's looks (external) "front" anyways.

I've never had a girl say she liked me for my "vibe" without seeing my face, height, body, etc. Maybe in the past I believed in mystical stuff, but in this world today it's all looks. Plus, I've heard way too many "horror stories" of how people can meet online/not see each other but "like each other," all but until they see each other IRL & it all fades.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals