High salt intake caused metabolic acidosis

yerrag

OP
D

Daniil

That's great!

So it was a methylation problem then?
It's hard to say what it was. Somewhere on the forum I read that folate deficiency causes dysregulation of acetylcholine. Maybe there was a lot of acetylcholine in the wrong place. Or maybe it's really related to histamine and methylation

yerrag

It's hard to say what it was. Somewhere on the forum I read that folate deficiency causes dysregulation of acetylcholine. Maybe there was a lot of acetylcholine in the wrong place. Or maybe it's really related to histamine and methylation
So the dysregulation of acetylcholine affects the hypothalamus and the corticotropic axis, and the control of urination?

After a month, you can get a CBC to see how your MCV and RDW looks. It should improve since it would seem those values were high due to folate deficiency, which you confirmed.

Last edited:
OP
D

Daniil

So the dysregulation of acetylcholine affects the hypothalamus and the corticotropic axis, and the control of urination?

After a month, you can get a CBC to see how your MCV and RDW looks. It should improve since it would seem those values were high due to folate deficiency, which you confirmed.

There's something about the connection between acetylcholine and urination

baccheion

What if you try while getting at least the same amount of potassium? 8 cups liquid for each 3 grams sodium. That is, 24 cups and 9 grams?

OP
D

Daniil

What if you try while getting at least the same amount of potassium? 8 cups liquid for each 3 grams sodium. That is, 24 cups and 9 grams?
I'm sorry, I didn't understand the question. Am I getting enough potassium?

yerrag

There's something about the connection between acetylcholine and urination
Thanks. That's interesting.

I cam across this reading a book on DMSO by Amanda Vollmer:

Sometimes people are sensitive to foods that have a high sulfur content, such as garlic, onions, broccoli, and cauliflower. Often, there are some other issues going on with these individuals as well. They may have nutritional deficiencies, especially a deficiency in the trace mineral molybdenum, which enzymes need to oxidize sulfur compounds such as sulfites to sulfates. These individuals also tend to have an unbalanced gut microbiome (which is composed of the bacteria in the intestines). Generally, individuals with these problems can also have genetic mutations in genes like MTHFR or COMT and should avoid synthetic folic acid (found in a variety of supplements), take methylfolate and methylcobalamin (B12) supplements, and I also suggest using the supplement TMG or DMG (trimethylglycine or dimethylglycine) in order to give important methyl groups to the body. Methyl groups tag DNA, proteins, and amino acids to ensure proper folding and support many other key processes in the body.

Don't know if it's helpful to you.

T

TheBeard

I've completely stopped adding salt to foods for about a week now.
I feel my best since a long time.

OP
D

Daniil

Thanks. That's interesting.

I cam across this reading a book on DMSO by Amanda Vollmer:

Sometimes people are sensitive to foods that have a high sulfur content, such as garlic, onions, broccoli, and cauliflower. Often, there are some other issues going on with these individuals as well. They may have nutritional deficiencies, especially a deficiency in the trace mineral molybdenum, which enzymes need to oxidize sulfur compounds such as sulfites to sulfates. These individuals also tend to have an unbalanced gut microbiome (which is composed of the bacteria in the intestines). Generally, individuals with these problems can also have genetic mutations in genes like MTHFR or COMT and should avoid synthetic folic acid (found in a variety of supplements), take methylfolate and methylcobalamin (B12) supplements, and I also suggest using the supplement TMG or DMG (trimethylglycine or dimethylglycine) in order to give important methyl groups to the body. Methyl groups tag DNA, proteins, and amino acids to ensure proper folding and support many other key processes in the body.

Don't know if it's helpful to you.
I have a theory that can explain everything. I wrote in another thread that I began to feel worse after adding a lot of liver (copper). If we assume that an excess of estrogen causes the tissues to intensely absorb copper, which reduces the copper in the blood, everything falls into place. If you look at this scheme, then copper serves as a cofactor for the conversion from dopamine to norepinephrine. If you assume that I have an excess of copper and a magnesium deficiency(which I have been unsuccessfully treating for a long time, Ray said that this is a sign of a bad thyroid gland), there will be a lot of norepinephrine and then adrenaline. More folate means more SAMe(and less adrenaline)(the SAMe in two places). Thus, ADHD(anhedonia) may simply be a symptom of a dopamine deficiency due to excess copper (or B6 deficiency). Polyuria, anxiety, and sweaty hands a symptom of high adrenaline. And initially, all the problems are due to hypothyroidism and high estrogen.

Now I will try to lower the copper level and report the results. Vitamin C should worsen short-term symptoms(I previously wrote that it makes me urinate) but it will improve in the long term thanks to the chelation of copper.

It is not very clear what role salt plays, perhaps it somehow increased the sensitivity to adrenaline.

Attachments

• 28d7e7267c94650282cddf12c1a286e6.png
    28d7e7267c94650282cddf12c1a286e6.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 14
OP
D

Daniil

ADHD is treated with retalin, which is simply a dopamine reuptake inhibitor. Iron helps because it increases the conversion of phenylalanine to tyrosine and further and possibly reduces copper levels.

S-VV

I find that I naturally gravitate towards a low sodium, high potassium diet

OP
D

Daniil

I plan to use diet, zinc, taurine, and activated carbon to reduce copper. I think coffee will be useful for speeding up the metabolism and reducing estrogen. Anything else?)

OP
D

Daniil

As for acetylcholine, there is a thought that low dopamine causes a decrease in acetylcholine, since acetylcholine suppresses dopamine(but promotes phase spikes). Thus, something that increases acetylcholine, such as vitamin E or B complex, contributes to anhedonia.

OP
D

Daniil

Like compensatory mechanism. Hence, I have a bad reaction to muscarinic receptor antagonists such as diphenhydramine

Gustav3Y

I wonder how many people have low CP, it seems various people report low CP. Most people do not even test for ceruloplamin, I would be curious how it would look when a lot of people would report on this as often as let's say TSH is tested.

OP
D

Daniil

I wonder how many people have low CP, it seems various people report low CP. Most people do not even test for ceruloplamin, I would be curious how it would look when a lot of people would report on this as often as let's say TSH is tested.
I agree. I think there's some other factor besides genetics. Wilson-konovalov disease seems to be a rare disease with 1:30,000 cases. It would be interesting to know Ray's opinion.