High Reverse T3, Low Total T3

The-WC

Hey yall, as my topic says I have high reverse t3 and low total t3. I was thinking about purchasing some t3. I can't find it in Canada. Anyone know a good place to order it online?

tara

How's your diet?
Temps and pulse?
Sunshine, sleep, breathing?
Any other clues about why your rT3 is high?

answersfound

The-WC said:
post 111925 Hey yall, as my topic says I have high reverse t3 and low total t3. I was thinking about purchasing some t3. I can't find it in Canada. Anyone know a good place to order it online?

T3 will help, but I don't know if it will adress the root cause. I would try to get more selenium in your diet to help t4 to t3 conversion. Also, I would focus on live health. Look into haiduts posts on caffeine tolerance. I had a reverse t3 issue at one point and I used to t3 to fix it. The reverse t3 came down but I still felt poorly. A low dose of ndt in the one to two grain range can actually help reverse t3 despite all the t4 fear you may read about. You could do a ratio of 3 to 1. T3 only can cause problems. Ray said he used t3 only and got heart issues but when he added t4 and they went away.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

The-WC

My sleep is not good. I try but I have insomnia problems. My breathing isn't great either. It feels like I have some pain or something restricting my upper abdominal area when I take a deep breath. Diet is pretty good I think. Ive been taking 200 mcg of selenium . Ive heard mixed advice on whether to take the full dessicated or t3 only. With worries about some of the t4 going to rt3...

tara

The-WC said:
post 111997 Diet is pretty good I think.
This means many things to many people. :) Wanna spell out what and how much you are eating?

Ideally, breathing should be relaxed, nasal, diaphragmatic, unless you are exerting yourself. If you have habits of mouth or chest breathing, these can be retrained. Breathing too much can lower CO2 levels so far that the body can't get all the oxygen it needs.

What have you tried so far to improve sleep?

Body needs a bit of sunlight on skin on a regular basis.

Body temps and resting pulse can give more information about metabolism too, as can checking whether you have typical hypothyroid symptoms.

I figure it's best to see if there are simple modifiable causes for hormone issues before trying supplements.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

The-WC

Ive tried many diets in the past, paleo , gluten free etc. Did nothing for me and made it worse. Right now my diet is something like:

1) Beef pattie, white rice
2) Gelatin, coconut potato chips, pear
3) Chicken, rice, apple
4) Fish/Chicken/Liver, baked potatoe, honey
5) Gelatin, popcorn (coconut oil), half banana

tara

Without running the quantities through cronometer or similar, my guess is that may be a bit low in calcium and magnesium and maybe other minerals. Milk and cheese can be a good source of calcium if they agree with you; if not, clean egg-shell or oyster shell powder can be other options. Greens can provide some good calcium. Leafy green broth can also be a good source of magnesium.
There are a few recovering ex-low-carbers here - didn't do much for their metabolism, either - if that is the version of paleo you did.

OP
T

The-WC

Thanks, yea ive been low on calcium probably since I cut out dairy. I can tolerate dairy ok but it does tend to make my skin oily. I am supplementing with Vit A now and am having some dairy lately.

Rickyman

I just posted a thread about this. I like how you mention to addres the root of why rt3 is high.

Ray peat says it is casues by stress and im sure there is more to that.

Rickyman

Without running the quantities through cronometer or similar, my guess is that may be a bit low in calcium and magnesium and maybe other minerals. Milk and cheese can be a good source of calcium if they agree with you; if not, clean egg-shell or oyster shell powder can be other options. Greens can provide some good calcium. Leafy green broth can also be a good source of magnesium.
There are a few recovering ex-low-carbers here - didn't do much for their metabolism, either - if that is the version of paleo you did.

Do you know if generally a high rt3 means a low t3 my didn't test for total or t3 ?

Amber

High rt3 is usually caused by too high or too low cortisol. Selenium might play a role too. If possible, check your saliva cortisol throughout the day :)

EIRE24

Google it, theres a lot of info on Selenium playing a role in high rt3.
I thought selenium was essential to produce t3, not RT3. Most of the food peat recommends are plentiful in selenium especially the sea food.

Amber

I thought selenium was essential to produce t3, not RT3. Most of the food peat recommends are plentiful in selenium especially the sea food.

Not sure, but it does play a role in T4 to T3 conversion. Different websites say low selenium = high rt3, but low selenium = lower t3 sounds right to me aswell.

Dave Clark

Saw a Jonathan Wright video where he mentioned studies that correlated high rT3 levels with high heavy metals in the thyroid like lead, cadmium, mercury, etc. I did not research it any further because I am already a believer that heavy metals mess up a lot of functions in our bodies. Question is always what is the best way to get them out. Seems like there are many opinions on not only what works best, but what is the safest way without causing metals to get circulated and reabsorbed. I had dental mercury amalgams which were removed, and most recently tried QuickSilver HMD without any negative reactions, although I did not do any test monitoring for mercury in urine, etc.

Rickyman

High rt3 is usually caused by too high or too low cortisol. Selenium might play a role too. If possible, check your saliva cortisol throughout the day :)

Thank you. Yes tha must be it. I did a saliva test already 4 tube. And I am low for sure.

I am going to see if Progesterone will help me since pregnenolone makes me feel so out of it itsscary.

I'm a male so hopefully it will help. I think someone posted about progesterone vs preg for helping raise cortisol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals