High Quality USP Taurine Powder In UK/europe?

ddjd

im looking for the highest quality taurine pure powder, without any anti-bulking agents etc. possible. I've heard that with taurine, quality can vary hugely so its really important to find a high quality product.

there's a japanese brand called Ajinomoto but they only sell it to supplement manufacturers and then those manufacturers like swanson only sell it in capsule form. im only looking for powder form, available in around 1-2kg quantity.

any recommendations?

ebs

I'm using the Now brand powder. It contains 100% taurine. I've used several brands, one contained silicon dioxide but the effects have all been similar.

Vinny

im looking for the highest quality taurine pure powder, without any anti-bulking agents etc. possible. I've heard that with taurine, quality can vary hugely so its really important to find a high quality product.

there's a japanese brand called Ajinomoto but they only sell it to supplement manufacturers and then those manufacturers like swanson only sell it in capsule form. im only looking for powder form, available in around 1-2kg quantity.

any recommendations?
So, if one wants to buy
Ajinomoto, must prove to be a manufacturer, or what? I mean, do they ask one to provide specific business details while purchasing?

boris

Not yet, I usually buy it at the pet store. But I will try it when mine runs out, the reviews seem to be very good.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

So, if one wants to buy
Ajinomoto, must prove to be a manufacturer, or what? I mean, do they ask one to provide specific business details while purchasing?
yeah exactly, if you have a registered business you could probably get away with it

wild-bee

is Peak Sups any good? it's the one I use recently but don't know criteria for 'quality'. It says 100% taurine. I bought a cheaper one on ebay from Konrad Chemicals but it had unidentified foreign particles in it

OP
ddjd

ddjd

wild-bee

is this the one you mean?
TAURINE Powder 1kg 100% PURE TAURINE SPECIAL OFFER £10.50 5060374642119 | eBay

it says its "TAURINE POWDER 100% PURE USP/BP Grade"

so its USP grade....that must be good

it is the same company (Konrad) and when I click the order link in my old purchase email it redirects to that product you have posted but when I bought it in 2018 it came in clear plastic packaging with no ziplock and contained 'carpet dust' - that's how I describe it, a very very small amount of fluff and 'bits' mixed in.

perhaps it was not USP before, I haven't tried it since (didn't like their msm either as it was clumpy)

OP
ddjd

ddjd

it is the same company (Konrad) and when I click the order link in my old purchase email it redirects to that product you have posted but when I bought it in 2018 it came in clear plastic packaging with no ziplock and contained 'carpet dust' - that's how I describe it, a very very small amount of fluff and 'bits' mixed in.

perhaps it was not USP before, I haven't tried it since (didn't like their msm either as it was clumpy)
i got glycine from them a week ago and thought it was good quality, but i geuss its very hard to know accurately whats in it.

wild-bee

i got glycine from them a week ago and thought it was good quality, but i geuss its very hard to know accurately whats in it.
maybe I'll try them again, USP is USP after all

I just checked with Peak Supps and their taurine is also USP

OP
ddjd

ddjd

maybe I'll try them again, USP is USP after all

I just checked with Peak Supps and their taurine is also USP
oh thanks for tip regarding peak supps, I'd not heard of them.

maybe the konrad taurine from 2018 wasn't from a USP supplier back then??

LeeLemonoil

I use Taurine, Creatine and Glycine from both MyProtein and Bulkpowders. Both are UK-based.
Never any issues, always effective. Good prices, no additives.

Broken man

I use Taurine, Creatine and Glycine from both MyProtein and Bulkpowders. Both are UK-based.
Never any issues, always effective. Good prices, no additives.
Ye MyProtein is best, I tried other sources and most of them will sell you really fine powder that is making alot of dust when added to coffee while MyProtein brand is more like small crystalls....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals