High Pulse, Low Temps?

johnsmith

Hello, I'm supplementing synthetic thyroid, taking a 1:3 ratio (around 33mcg t3 and 100mcg of T4 daily). It's currently winter.

It seems way to easy to get a high pulse, (often around 90-105 by mid day), whereas my oral temps are often hard to bring up to 98.7 and my axillary temps are even harder. My morning oral temps are low (in the 97's, and my morning pulse is somewhere in the 70's to 80's.

So it's basically way too easy for me to get a high pulse and quite difficult to get a normal temp throughout the day. What does this all mean?

Thanks.

TeaRex14

Do you feel warm when you take thyroid? I would start by ruling out any possibility of stress hormone interference. Adrenaline will typically make your hands and feet cold, possibly frequent urination as well. Adrenaline can increase after taking thyroid if you're not eating enough sugar or getting enough minerals and b vitamins. Cortisol is slightly different, in hypothyroid people it's usually high in the early mornings, and after eating a sugary breakfast your temp may actually lower, because cortisol can artificially keep your temps elevated.

OP
J

johnsmith

Do you feel warm when you take thyroid? I would start by ruling out any possibility of stress hormone interference. Adrenaline will typically make your hands and feet cold, possibly frequent urination as well. Adrenaline can increase after taking thyroid if you're not eating enough sugar or getting enough minerals and b vitamins. Cortisol is slightly different, in hypothyroid people it's usually high in the early mornings, and after eating a sugary breakfast your temp may actually lower, because cortisol can artificially keep your temps elevated.

Well it's sounding like it might be Adrenaline, I have suspected this. Thyroid doesn't always make me feel warm, but it quite often makes my heart rate go high. I don't get frequent urination. My diet is quite good and I put extra sugar in everything I drink.

Maybe my thermometer is reading my temps slightly lower then they are? People rarely talk about how they measure temps on this forum, and each thermometer seems to give a slightly different reading. I use this one... https://www.amazon.ca/Approved-Ther...F8&qid=1549846195&sr=8-5&keywords=thermometer

I had low testosterone last time I checked, 3 months ago so maybe that has something to do with it.

Last edited:
Are you keeping your thermometer in your armpit for around 10 minutes? Silly question but I noticed a difference in keeping it there depending on the time.

OP
J

johnsmith

Last edited:

TeaRex14

Well it's sounding like it might be Adrenaline, I have suspected this. Thyroid doesn't always make me feel warm, but it quite often makes my heart rate go high. I don't get frequent urination. My diet is quite good and I put extra sugar in everything I drink.

Maybe my thermometer is reading my temps slightly lower then they are? People rarely talk about how they measure temps on this forum, and each thermometer seems to give a slightly different reading. I use this one... https://www.amazon.ca/Approved-Ther...F8&qid=1549846195&sr=8-5&keywords=thermometer

I had low testosterone last time I checked, 3 months ago so maybe that has something to do with it.
Do you get enough salt? Adrenaline can rise through aldosterone stimulation, which is caused by low salt intake. If your salt is on point, then I recommend trying something like l-theanine, which is a GABA agonist and will shutdown adrenaline synthesis. I do recommend sourcing quality theanine however, it's best to get a product that doesn't have cheap additives and fillers. Pure Bulk has a great high quality product, fairly cheap too unless you buy bulk.

OP
J

johnsmith

Do you get enough salt? Adrenaline can rise through aldosterone stimulation, which is caused by low salt intake. If your salt is on point, then I recommend trying something like l-theanine, which is a GABA agonist and will shutdown adrenaline synthesis. I do recommend sourcing quality theanine however, it's best to get a product that doesn't have cheap additives and fillers. Pure Bulk has a great high quality product, fairly cheap too unless you buy bulk.
Thanks, I have been using Pure Bulk L-theanine lately to try and lower my pulse, along with bag breathing, and drinking more fluids. Good idea, I'll try is larger amounts of salt next. If you have a daily amount you'd recommend trying, let me know. I currently salt to taste and take small pinches of it with fluids when I end up remembering to do so. Maybe I should also monitor more closely what caffeine is doing to me... Come to think of it, I did have a large coffee today around the time my pulse was 106bpm.

Last edited:

TeaRex14

Thanks, I have been using Pure Bulk L-theanine lately to try and lower my pulse, along with bag breathing, and drinking more fluids. Ok, I will try is larger amounts of salt next. If you have a daily amount you'd recommend trying, let me know. I currently salt to taste and take small pinches of it with fluids when I end up remembering to do so. Maybe I should also monitor more closely what caffeine is doing to me... Come to think of it, I did have a large coffee today around the time my pulse was 106bpm.
2-3 teaspoons daily is a good amount. The coffee might actually pose an issue, depending on if the adrenaline is in fact the core problem at play here. Caffeine is a GABA antagonist, and is likely to facilitate adrenaline elevation. I wouldn't drink coffee unless you had a good 250-500mg dose of theanine at the same time.

OP
J

johnsmith

2-3 teaspoons daily is a good amount. The coffee might actually pose an issue, depending on if the adrenaline is in fact the core problem at play here. Caffeine is a GABA antagonist, and is likely to facilitate adrenaline elevation. I wouldn't drink coffee unless you had a good 250-500mg dose of theanine at the same time.
Excellent ideas, I will try these out and report back.

Spondive

Hello, I'm supplementing synthetic thyroid, taking a 1:3 ratio (around 33mcg t3 and 100mcg of T4 daily). It's currently winter.

It seems way to easy to get a high pulse, (often around 90-105 by mid day), whereas my oral temps are often hard to bring up to 98.7 and my axillary temps are even harder. My morning oral temps are low (in the 97's, and my morning pulse is somewhere in the 70's to 80's.

So it's basically way too easy for me to get a high pulse and quite difficult to get a normal temp throughout the day. What does this all mean?

Thanks.

Yes I have been in the same situation for years

OP
J

johnsmith

Update: Problem solved, I think I was making my coffee too strong. I switched to dark roast, make my coffee much weaker, and drink less of it now. My pulse is now under control. I also increased my salt intake. Thanks for all the input.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals