High Pulse, Low Morning Temperature

danks010101

Hey I'm 24 year old male I've been struggling with fatigue and irritability/depression/lack of good libido with gut issues (and recently hemmorhoids/yellowish stools) on and off for pretty much all my life sometimes better sometimes worse, I recently came back to peating which I've struggled to implement in the past.

I've started to take my oral temperature and pulse in the morning and then after eating food a typical day looks like this;

-Wake up = 96-97F max (Avg 96.4F) NEVER seen anything higher than 97.4F at around 8AM Pulse usually around 70s
-Mid morning after hot shower then drinking hot milk and sugar + coffee = Temperature 97.6-98F/Pulse 90-100 (Pulse actually stays elevated in the 90s for most of the day particularly with plenty of sugar)
-After lunch 97.6-98.6 generally
-Evening tends to be easy for me to be around 98-98.6F
-Slowly drops to 97F before bed
-Wake up at 96F again

I don't feel particularly great and struggle with appetite and constipation for as long as I can remember, I get stressed easily and irritable/angry.

I can have good mood and good days but the overall trend is pretty subpar energy and mood. I have recently been diagnosed with ADHD and am taking atomoxetine.

I once had a blood test 4-5 years ago which came back with a TSH of 3.3 this was within range and ignored.

I generally look quite well I have a good head of hair, am attractive and have an athletic build and I put muscle on fairly ok (just dont have much energy/motivation for the gym) past few years I have developed more fat on my stomach that is harder to shift, also I store most of my body fat on my thighs/buttocks.

I don't want to self diagnose anything without getting an up to date blood test but it certainly looks like I could potentially be slightly hypothyroid I am currently being supported by my family to get to the root of my "concentration/motivation issues" which like I said have been diagnosed as ADHD but a Professional Psychiatrist in London UK, the atomoxetine isn't working at the moment (might even be making me more irritable) so I will be speaking with him again but I'm wondering whether I should bring up Physiological imbalances as being a potential culprit for my ADHD symptoms?

Cheers.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey I'm 24 year old male I've been struggling with fatigue and irritability/depression/lack of good libido with gut issues (and recently hemmorhoids/yellowish stools) on and off for pretty much all my life sometimes better sometimes worse, I recently came back to peating which I've struggled to implement in the past.

I've started to take my oral temperature and pulse in the morning and then after eating food a typical day looks like this;

-Wake up = 96-97F max (Avg 96.4F) NEVER seen anything higher than 97.4F at around 8AM Pulse usually around 70s
-Mid morning after hot shower then drinking hot milk and sugar + coffee = Temperature 97.6-98F/Pulse 90-100 (Pulse actually stays elevated in the 90s for most of the day particularly with plenty of sugar)
-After lunch 97.6-98.6 generally
-Evening tends to be easy for me to be around 98-98.6F
-Slowly drops to 97F before bed
-Wake up at 96F again

I don't feel particularly great and struggle with appetite and constipation for as long as I can remember, I get stressed easily and irritable/angry.

I can have good mood and good days but the overall trend is pretty subpar energy and mood. I have recently been diagnosed with ADHD and am taking atomoxetine.

I once had a blood test 4-5 years ago which came back with a TSH of 3.3 this was within range and ignored.

I generally look quite well I have a good head of hair, am attractive and have an athletic build and I put muscle on fairly ok (just dont have much energy/motivation for the gym) past few years I have developed more fat on my stomach that is harder to shift, also I store most of my body fat on my thighs/buttocks.

I don't want to self diagnose anything without getting an up to date blood test but it certainly looks like I could potentially be slightly hypothyroid I am currently being supported by my family to get to the root of my "concentration/motivation issues" which like I said have been diagnosed as ADHD but a Professional Psychiatrist in London UK, the atomoxetine isn't working at the moment (might even be making me more irritable) so I will be speaking with him again but I'm wondering whether I should bring up Physiological imbalances as being a potential culprit for my ADHD symptoms?

Cheers.
Most likely elevated noradrenaline and adrenaline, which is elevating the pulse and contributing to depression, ADHD, irritability, etc. Elevated cortisol, which is causing fat storage around the mid section. Low thyroid which leads to low temps.
I'd first focus on fixing the gut (which is most likely the root cause of your symptoms) and then lower the catecholamines (e.g. salt, agmatine, etc.) and boost thyroid (perhaps even take thyroid to speed up recovery).

OP
D

danks010101

Most likely elevated noradrenaline and adrenaline, which is elevating the pulse and contributing to depression, ADHD, irritability, etc. Elevated cortisol, which is causing fat storage around the mid section. Low thyroid which leads to low temps.
I'd first focus on fixing the gut (which is most likely the root cause of your symptoms) and then lower the catecholamines (e.g. salt, agmatine, etc.) and boost thyroid (perhaps even take thyroid to speed up recovery).

Thanks for the response,

I try to keep adrenaline low by always having something sweet and salty nearby (whole milk with sugar syrup and sea salt, I use whole milk as I pee ***t loads if I use skimmed/semi skimmed) but it seems to happen over night and makes me cold and somewhat stressed when I wake up, as I can get my temps up decently during the day. I tend to feel better during the evening (it's probably the only time I actually feel the ghrelin feeling of real hunger) and have had a general trend to enjoy staying up later and later as I find 12AM onwards I'm more relaxed and peaceful.

I have tried adding some supplemental salt on top of what I get in my OJ/Milk/Cheese/Potatoes according to Haidut's study he posted here Optimal Sodium Intake Is At Least 230% Higher Than RDA

I actually found that just taking about 2 whole teaspoons spread out in 1/2 teaspoon doses over the course of the day made my irritability, fatigue and depression even worse, not sure quite why. I haven't tried agmatine though I will look into that.

I'll certainly be trying to get my TSH tested again and hopefully (if elevated) further thyroid tests, if not I will probably just order some t3/t4 anyway.

I have tried a few things to resolve gut issues, Cutting out gluten, eating raw carrot salads, thoroughly cooked mushrooms, sodium acetate (Nathan hatch), cascara Sagrada.
They help somewhat but don't seem to fix the issue.

At a bit of a loss as to what I can do next to really heal my gut.

OP
D

danks010101

Should also mention I'm currently using some Cyproheptadine with small nibbles of .5 - 1mg x2 per day to help with appetite and lowering cortisol, it does seem to have somewhat calming effect but also tends to make me feel a bit like a zombie til midday and possibly more irritable and depressed. It's been about 5 days or so at this dose.

OP
D

danks010101

Here is the diet I have decided to try, focusing on nutrient density rather than necking a load of pills and spreading the liquids throughout the day as to avoid lowering metabolism.

6 Ft
92kg

Roughly 3000 calories

20% Protein
20% Fat
60% Carbs

Will try and do 10 minute walks x3 a day after meals

Supplements used;

-Orange triad multivitamin (Half dose)
-Coffee when eating liver
-Nutritional Yeast
-Sodium acetate
-Carrot salad before bed

p.s. ignore calories burned

Attachments

• Peat.png
    Peat.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Peasdat.png
    Peasdat.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 61
OP
D

danks010101

Just got off the phone from GP

After explaining all my symptoms he just suggested there was nothing wrong with my TSH of 3.3, that it was infact bang on in the middle of range and that if I was feeling tired I should get a celiac disease test.

When asked whether it was normal for a 24 year old to feel tired and demotivated with a low libido he had no response.

I'll be getting a blood test booked soon but will probably be the basics, TSH included so there's that at least.

OP
D

danks010101

Decided to go with Haidut's tyromix been logging temperature and pulse in the morning as well as dose, still trying to get the dose right. Found myself getting a bit amped up before going to sleep on the higher dose so I have teetered it down again.

OP
D

danks010101

Been a week and a few days so far, started to feel a tightness in my throat and some adrenaline symptoms so teetered the dose down

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    19 KB · Views: 51
OP
D

danks010101

One thing I'm noticing is my temperatures have dropped in the morning since upping the dose, so going to go back to 3 drops for now and build from there after a week perhaps.

mrchibbs

When asked whether it was normal for a 24 year old to feel tired and demotivated with a low libido he had no response.

It's not supposed to be normal, but it definitely is the new normal. I'd argue the majority of 20-somethings these days feel tired, demotivated with a low libido. It's a sign of the times.

One thing I'm noticing is my temperatures have dropped in the morning since upping the dose, so going to go back to 3 drops for now and build from there after a week perhaps.

The thyroid dose should increase very very slowly. Broda Barnes used to gradually increase the dose over 3-6months. Most people don't take that seriously. However, it's completely normal for temperatures to drop sometimes, it could be a sign that you were high on adrenaline and cortisol in the morning, or a sign that you're taking too much T4 at once, but that is unlikely with TyroMix, unless you're simply not eating enough.

Been a week and a few days so far, started to feel a tightness in my throat and some adrenaline symptoms so teetered the dose down

It's quite common to have goiter-like symptoms and tightness in the throat early on when taking thyroid. It seems like thyroid is flushing something out, it should subside. It could also be that your magnesium is low. Increasing thyroid can quickly (and I mean in the span of a few minutes), deplete magnesium which can cause all sorts of tension problems. Esophageal pressure is one of those. You need to have a quick and easy source of magnesium when supplementing thyroid IMO.

cjm

Increasing thyroid can quickly (and I mean in the span of a few minutes), deplete magnesium which can cause all sorts of tension problems. Esophageal pressure is one of those. You need to have a quick and easy source of magnesium when supplementing thyroid IMO.

This is a great point, Chibbs. Both about having supplemental magnesium with your supplemental thyroid and the quick onset of action. Insufficient magnesium might be one of the reasons for many people why thyroid either works well for a brief time and stops working, or doesn't work at all. My own experience is that the pool of ready energy can be spent very quickly, via thyroid or other stimulants like caffeine or even exercise, but can take weeks to build. This is where having a SodaStream comes in handy. You can easily make and sip on a liter of carbonated magnesium bicarbonate water over the course of a day and get 600-1000mg of magnesium without even noticing it.

mrchibbs

This is a great point, Chibbs. Both about having supplemental magnesium with your supplemental thyroid and the quick onset of action. Insufficient magnesium might be one of the reasons for many people why thyroid either works well for a brief time and stops working, or doesn't work at all. My own experience is that the pool of ready energy can be spent very quickly, via thyroid or other stimulants like caffeine or even exercise, but can take weeks to build. This is where having a SodaStream comes in handy. You can easily make and sip on a liter of carbonated magnesium bicarbonate water over the course of a day and get 600-1000mg of magnesium without even noticing it.

Oooh a soda stream! I've wanted one for about 2 years hehe

How do you make your carbonated magnesium water?

cjm

Oooh a soda stream! I've wanted one for about 2 years hehe

How do you make your carbonated magnesium water?

Bruh! At the level you're operating at on this forum, you are long overdue for one! Petition for forum funds to buy the Mister a SodaStream, lol. It's a game changer. Just a sip of carbonated water makes me sing sometimes.

I put half a teaspoon of magnesium hydroxide, purchased in bulk to avoid even the cleanest OTC milk of magnesia, which funnily enough is stocked at dollar stores, into a liter of water. Less carbonation is more for the conversion to happen, you end up wasting bubbles speeding it along when a good 5 minute wait turns the cloudy mixture clear. Then I carbonate to taste and sip. Elemental Mg should be in the neighborhood of 800mg, thought I haven't done the math recently and suck with numbers.

Your post inspired me to start drinking it again. I put a whole teaspoon in the liter this time and the whole bottle reacts (turns clear) in about the same amount of time. Not sure where the saturation point is, it might depend to some extent on the CO2 you are able to inject in. Taste is slightly weird but could be mitigated with some juice or more carbonation, or you might not mind the taste at all. No laxative effect even at the double dose, i.e., 1600mg, again if maths are right.

Ok, maths, if BulkSupplements is to be trusted:

"As a dietary supplement, take 1000 mg (about ¼ tsp) per day. This powder contains 42% magnesium, meaning a 1000 mg serving is roughly equivalent to the 420 mg daily recommended dose."

mrchibbs

haha thanks!

I don't know why I've been putting it off, but I'm excited to try your formula! I've been drinking gerolsteiner water, along with using transdermal magnesium, but this seems like exactly what I need.

I will buy everything I need and report back!

cjm

gerolsteiner water, along with using transdermal magnesium

You and me are birds of a feather. I love the taste of gerolsteiner. Wouldn't have known about it if I wasn't googling "highest magnesium content mineral water local buy now buy now." Magnoil from Idealabs is truly dope but the DMSO smells (and tastes) TERRIBLE. My girlfriend makes sure to rub it in (pun not intended) that she can smell it from a mile away. Needless to say I haven't been using it very often. And then there's the magnesium from coffee, which is Peat approved, but I went down a hole where I was making and taking multiple quad shots of espresso a day for months and feeling basically the same. The chronic adrenalized state is not one from which coffee's magnesium is very helpful.

Good luck, please do report back! You seem like you're in a pretty good place from the tone of your writing but we all have bigger plans and I hope this helps! Btw I love your sensible, moderate suggestions with Peat favorites (aspirin, baking soda, etc.) and you are really respectful while keeping things civil when emotions run hot on any given thread you're working in. Props to you man, keep it up. The people who come here for help need people like you. You're the boots on the ground while a lot of folks here, myself included, like to live in the abstract ideas space.

OP
D

danks010101

It's not supposed to be normal, but it definitely is the new normal. I'd argue the majority of 20-somethings these days feel tired, demotivated with a low libido. It's a sign of the times.

The thyroid dose should increase very very slowly. Broda Barnes used to gradually increase the dose over 3-6months. Most people don't take that seriously. However, it's completely normal for temperatures to drop sometimes, it could be a sign that you were high on adrenaline and cortisol in the morning, or a sign that you're taking too much T4 at once, but that is unlikely with TyroMix, unless you're simply not eating enough.

It's quite common to have goiter-like symptoms and tightness in the throat early on when taking thyroid. It seems like thyroid is flushing something out, it should subside. It could also be that your magnesium is low. Increasing thyroid can quickly (and I mean in the span of a few minutes), deplete magnesium which can cause all sorts of tension problems. Esophageal pressure is one of those. You need to have a quick and easy source of magnesium when supplementing thyroid IMO.

Interesting, I'm curious as to what the thyroid could be flushing out?

I do have some magnesium supplement in fairness I didn't take it the past few days, it's this one here https://www.superdrug.com/Health/Vi...oNI1HqKPY0wM-LTLcNBoCcV4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Usually been doing 200mg a day but I think I will up the dose since I'm on thyroid.

Past 2 days I've had less throat swelling, only minor swelling that doesn't last too long a few seconds after taking a dose.

I'll look into that magnesium drink Cjm mentioned for sure, thanks!