High Potassium Levels After 8 Months Of 325 Mg Aspirin Daily

Davos

Hello,
New member ...
Can someone help me how can I continue taking aspirin and lower potassium in my blood.
I need to take aspirin because of widespread family history of cancer , but I don’t want to develop kidney disease either.
Thank you for any input.
Davos

tara

Wanna give some more context?
Are you eating extreme amounts of potassium?
Do you have evidence of kidney difficulties?
DO blood tests show a problem, or are you getting symptoms?

Not that answering guarantees you'll get good advice or any advice, but providing context improves the odds.

OP
D

Davos

It went from 4.3 to 5.1 which is over the limit.
In those 8 months I’m taking aspirin.
The diet didn’t change at all but maybe the combo of aspirin and high potassium foods/love potatoes, bananas, milk.
It seems like the kidneys are not able to get rid of the extra potassium.
Maybe I need some special kidney test , not sure.
I’m 44 and pretty fit guy. 6.2 and 180 lb

goodandevil

It went from 4.3 to 5.1 which is over the limit.
In those 8 months I’m taking aspirin.
The diet didn’t change at all but maybe the combo of aspirin and high potassium foods/love potatoes, bananas, milk.
It seems like the kidneys are not able to get rid of the extra potassium.
Maybe I need some special kidney test , not sure.
I’m 44 and pretty fit guy. 6.2 and 180 lb
Have you had any kidney studies? gfr, creatinine, electrolytes. Also any bleeding problems? Vitamin k might be worth trying, bilirubin, haptogloben, cbc, would shine light on any bleeding probems, because red cell hemolysis can raise serum potassium.

T

TheBeard

Hello,
New member ...
Can someone help me how can I continue taking aspirin and lower potassium in my blood.
I need to take aspirin because of widespread family history of cancer , but I don’t want to develop kidney disease either.
Thank you for any input.
Davos

Your gut lining must look funky as well after so much aspirin

lampofred

High blood potassium is associated with low dopamine levels/excess serotonin. I don't know if that will help you in any way, but I thought it might be a different angle from which to look at the issue

OP
D

Davos

No kidney tests , no bleeding at all
, but honestly 1 aspirin a day is not a giant dose. I started taking recently K2 vitamin to protect my stomach lining.
Many people take 4x more of it a day. I will have to get more tests done.
One more thing changed after aspirin use , MCV levels are high too , it says my blood cells are too large. Not enough B12 or I drink too much. But I don’t really drink much alcohol anymore because it causes mild allergic reactions. So again not sure what’s going on.
Thank you all for taking time to respond.

Tenacity

Is it just the one blood test that your levels were elevated? Sometimes some of the red blood cells are destroyed when taking the blood sample, and that can increase blood potassium readings. It's better to have several tests to see what your average is.

For what it's worth, my last blood test indicated the same potassium levels as you, but my blood cells are too small, not too large.

Diokine

How was your sodium level? Are you getting enough dietary phosphorus? I think in conditions of lowered sympathetic drive, possibly from hypothyroidism or vitamin d dysfunction, aspirin can reduce bicarbonate levels and induce hyperventilation and alkalosis.

OP
D

Davos

I will do more, repeated test and decide what to do next.
The MCV caused the lg blood cells not the potassium.
I have to say that I had lower thyroid levels but decided to quit the supplement.
Now here’s where the aspirin improved many things.
1.The thyroid levels are great, no thyroid supplement.
2. I had BPH plus prostatitis with blood in semen 4x a year. Gone!
3.mild problems with erection because of BPH. All fixed.
4.Minor arthritis, not fixed but better.
Absolutely no GI problems at all.
It seems hard to believe all this but it’s real. The anti inflammatory effect is powerful.
Now only if I can improve the potassium and the MCV levels, that’d be great.
What you guys think?

OP
D

Davos

Sorry forgot to mention all other numbers were great.
Sodium and all...
Thanks .

goodandevil

I
I will do more, repeated test and decide what to do next.
The MCV caused the lg blood cells not the potassium.
I have to say that I had lower thyroid levels but decided to quit the supplement.
Now here’s where the aspirin improved many things.
1.The thyroid levels are great, no thyroid supplement.
2. I had BPH plus prostatitis with blood in semen 4x a year. Gone!
3.mild problems with erection because of BPH. All fixed.
4.Minor arthritis, not fixed but better.
Absolutely no GI problems at all.
It seems hard to believe all this but it’s real. The anti inflammatory effect is powerful.
Now only if I can improve the potassium and the MCV levels, that’d be great.
What you guys think?
I would add hydroxycobalamin and maybe drink more oj for folate, mussels are a good source of b12. B12 supplementation is known to decrease serum potassium.

OP
D

Davos

Good to know. Thank you!!!
Just so I understand right....
Vitamin B12 supplement might lower my potassium levels?

High blood potassium is associated with low dopamine levels/excess serotonin. I don't know if that will help you in any way, but I thought it might be a different angle from which to look at the issue

Interesting. The last time I got a blood test (about 2 or 3 months ago), the doctor said my potassium was high too. I'd definitely consider myself low dopamine. I also supplement quite a bit of Progesterone which I know is similar to Aspirin in effect which OP mentioned.

fradon

Hello,
New member ...
Thank you for any input.
Davos
from what I was reading the supplementing calcium increases need for potassium and vice versa
so I would deduce that high potassium would be calcium deficiency of some sort. aspirin being an acid might dissolve calcium and leach it out of soft tissue and blood the same way coffee can and from my experience cayenne pepper will too.

aspirin also being salycylate could function almost the same way oxalates do and bind up any calcium you have in the gut and keep it from being absorbed.

Pablo Cruise

There you go check Ca++ levels. Look at Ca++ intake too. But also how is his serum creatinine? I would say if renal function is good, then renal problems are not an issue right now but any NSAID can cause problems over time. Right?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals