High Post Menopausal Testosterone Feels Good!

I have experimented with bioidentical Testosterone for a few years off and on. I am 56 and I have concluded that when my levels are between 100-125 is when I feel best. I feel fit and strong without excessive hair growth at these levels though conventional medicine tells me I am far too high. Is this true?
The other factor is that I have trouble climaxing when my levels are low.
Any advice please would be appreciated because I have a Naturopath appt. and they will want to reduce my dose.

OP
F
Thank you. I presume to that my progesterone was too low and my thyroid is low with the TSH at .01.

sweetpeat

Estrone. 27
Estodiole under 15
Test 112
Test Free. 7.6
Dhea 142
Progesterone. 1.8. ( This is low right?)
I think it's the ratio of progesterone to estradiol that's important. Yours looks good. Do you take any progesterone or only testosterone? Also, how much testosterone do you take? I'm considering whether I might need testosterone myself. My levels were quite low the last time I had labs done.

Rick K

I have experimented with bioidentical Testosterone for a few years off and on. I am 56 and I have concluded that when my levels are between 100-125 is when I feel best. I feel fit and strong without excessive hair growth at these levels though conventional medicine tells me I am far too high. Is this true?
The other factor is that I have trouble climaxing when my levels are low.
Any advice please would be appreciated because I have a Naturopath appt. and they will want to reduce my dose.
People have asked me about my "numbers" repeatedly when I've revealed a bit about my lifestyle. I don't have a clue and don't care because I FEEL and FUNCTION wonderfully. If you concern yourself about what conventional medicine says you will be forever chasing your numbers and trying to tune yourself to their convoluted Bell Curve of reality. If you feel good with what you're doing, then stick with it. You are not a number.

OP
F
I think it's the ratio of progesterone to estradiol that's important. Yours looks good. Do you take any progesterone or only testosterone? Also, how much testosterone do you take? I'm considering whether I might need testosterone myself. My levels were quite low the last time I had labs done.
I do take progesterone... Not religiously, but most nights as it helps my sleep.

sunny

Thank you. I presume to that my progesterone was too low and my thyroid is low with the TSH at .01.
Quotes by Ray Peat, PhD
“TSH has direct actions on many cell types other than the thyroid, and probably contributes directly to edema (Wheatley and Edwards, 1983), fibrosis, and mastocytosis. If people are concerned about the effects of a TSH “deficiency,” then I think they have to explain the remarkable longevity of the animals lacking pituitaries in W.D. Denckla’s experiments, or of the naturally pituitary deficient dwarf mice that lack TSH, prolactin, and growth hormone, but live about a year longer than normal mice (Heiman, et al., 2003). Until there is evidence that very low TSH is somehow harmful, there is no basis for setting a lower limit to the normal range.”

On many interviews Dr Peat routinely talks about a TSH below 1.0 being the desired range, and the range of healthy people.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals