High morning cortisol should I avoid pregnenolone before bed?

P

Peatness

I have been using pregnenolone (2 drop stressnon) for about a year. My morning cortisol is elevated. I have a lot of health issues including insomnia. Should I stop using pregnenolone?

AM Cortisol 733.0 (113 - 456 nmol/L )

Andman

I have been using pregnenolone (2 drop stressnon) for about a year. My morning cortisol is elevated. I have a lot of health issues including insomnia. Should I stop using pregnenolone?

AM Cortisol 733.0 (113 - 456 nmol/L )
if anything, preg should help
have you tried progesterone/dhea/aspirin etc?

OP
P

Peatness

if anything, preg should help
have you tried progesterone/dhea/aspirin etc?
Thanks for your reply.

Dhea gives me estrogen symptoms. I cannot use aspirin, I am on telmisartan (blood pressure med). I have started using progesterone again this morning.

Jayvee

Progesterone in the morning and pregnanalone before bed? Do you not find progesterone makes you sleepy and pregnanalone makes you feel awake? I’ve not seen this done before, last time I took pregnanalone before bed I was wired all night! (And possibly had elevated morning cortisol from this) also I find progesterone Makes me sleepy, likely just me but I would consider trying to swap them round and see if that helps bring cortisol in check more. No intelligent input here just my own experience.

OP
P

Peatness

Progesterone in the morning and pregnanalone before bed? Do you not find progesterone makes you sleepy and pregnanalone makes you feel awake? I’ve not seen this done before, last time I took pregnanalone before bed I was wired all night! (And possibly had elevated morning cortisol from this) also I find progesterone Makes me sleepy, likely just me but I would consider trying to swap them round and see if that helps bring cortisol in check more. No intelligent input here just my own experience.
I only use progestrone occassionally. I have long term insomnia and when I first started pregnenolone it helped with sleep. However, my sleep is getting progressively worse by the day. Will switch them round and see if that helps. Thanks

Jayvee

I only use progestrone occassionally. I have long term insomnia and when I first started pregnenolone it helped with sleep. However, my sleep is getting progressively worse by the day. Will switch them round and see if that helps. Thanks

Worth a try. Have you tried salted orange juice or salted icecream? I find them helpful. Progesterone knocks me out too much so I don’t use it but otherwise I would.

OP
P

Peatness

I have a love hate relationship with oranges. I love them, they hate my gut. I am having a little everyday with the hope of building tolerance. I tend to like something hot at night like warm sugared milk. I love ice cream too but I am now on low fat peating because I embraced peats ideas with a little too much enthusiam. Gained weight with high cholesterol. I am still within the normal weight for my height but my fat to muscle ratio is no longer favourable towards muscle.

Jayvee

I have a love hate relationship with oranges. I love them, they hate my gut. I am having a little everyday with the hope of building tolerance. I tend to like something hot at night like warm sugared milk. I love ice cream too but I am now on low fat peating because I embraced peats ideas with a little too much enthusiam. Gained weight with high cholesterol. I am still within the normal weight for my height but my fat to muscle ratio is no longer favourable towards muscle.

Ah yeah, it’s a tricky balance between getting enough calories and improving metabolism, I struggle with that one. Just as a pointer, I can’t handle Oranges and freshly squeezed orange juice (I actually don’t want/crave them) but recently found orange juice concentrate to be amazing and no digestive issues (I don’t understand why this is). Slightly warm orange juice concentrate with some salt vs freshly squeezed or cold orange juice is profoundly different for me. If you can get it in and it agrees with you it could really help.

OP
P

Peatness

That's interesting. I wonder why the concentrate doesn't cause issues? I will see if I can find orange juice concentrate here. Thanks for the tips

Jayvee

That's interesting. I wonder why the concentrate doesn't cause issues? I will see if I can find orange juice concentrate here. Thanks for the tips
Not sure why but I’ve seen other people say the same thing. Whatever it is that causes me (and others) issues must be filtered out in the process.

Jessie

I think preg can contribute to insomnia if you take too much of it and/or you take it too long without a break. Cycles seem best.

OP
P

Peatness

I think preg can contribute to insomnia if you take too much of it and/or you take it too long without a break. Cycles seem best.
Thanks for letting me know. I did have insomnia before ever using pregnenolone, however, its plausible that it is contributing to the worsening sleep issues. Is it safe to just stop it? or should I reduce it?

Jessie

Thanks for letting me know. I did have insomnia before ever using pregnenolone, however, its plausible that it is contributing to the worsening sleep issues. Is it safe to just stop it? or should I reduce it?
I would probably stop for 3-7 days and see if the situation improves. My theory is it's probably contributing to a buildup of preg-sulfate (PS), and because of this it's antagonizing GABA too much. Or it could be lowering the LDL too much. I'm not really sure what mechanism is causing this, but I know you're not the only one that's reported these problems.

OP
P

Peatness

I would probably stop for 3-7 days and see if the situation improves. My theory is it's probably contributing to a buildup of preg-sulfate (PS), and because of this it's antagonizing GABA too much. Or it could be lowering the LDL too much. I'm not really sure what mechanism is causing this, but I know you're not the only one that's reported these problems.
I have elevated LDL so it not doing that. But I do have high blood pressure so GABA antagonism is possible. Will drop and report back in a week or so. Thanks you so much.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals