High Maternal Intake Of Niacinamide (B3) Lowers Risk Of Eczema In Children

haidut

Forum Supporter
The link between low NAD levels and skin conditions is well-known in metabolic research circles. The same link exists for autoimmune and other estrogen-driven conditions such as MS, Lupus, RA, diabetes, etc. The official medial position states that vitamin B3 has no effect on any of these conditions. This new study says otherwise, and finds strong correlation between maternal intake of niacinamide and the risk of eczema in their children at age of 12 months.

Maternal serum levels of nicotinamide linked to child’s risk of atopic eczema

"...Results showed that offspring of mothers with higher levels of nicotinamide had a 30 per cent lower chance of developing atopic eczema at 12 months. There was an even stronger association with higher levels of anthranilic acid, a tryptophan metabolite. Nicotinamide can improve the overall structure, moisture and elasticity of skin and therefore could potentially alter the disease processes associated with eczema, the researchers say. The study showed a gradual association between higher maternal nicotinamide and anthranilic acid levels and a lower risk of atopic eczema, suggesting that the development of eczema is not simply prevented by the presence of these nutrients."

HLP

How would you treat a 12 year old girl who has eczema with an odor?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How would you treat a 12 year old girl who has eczema with an odor?

I would ask a doctor first, but topical niacinamide/aspirin combo seems like a good start.

HLP

Sounds good. We will give that a try. Anything dietary? I'm encouraging Peat foods of course but she's not my child. Is this something that might benefit from minocycline? Thanks for your help, you rock!!

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sounds good. We will give that a try. Anything dietary? I'm encouraging Peat foods of course but she's not my child. Is this something that might benefit from minocycline? Thanks for your help, you rock!!

I would try to find out what foods irritate her gut and avoid these as much as possible. Eczema is often a symptom of GI inflammation. Charcoal or cascara may also help in that regard. You can also ask the doctor about ketotifen or cyproheptadine since these act as endotoxin antagonists and their antihistamine effect is known to help ezcema too.

L

lollipop

I would try to find out what foods irritate her gut and avoid these as much as possible. Eczema is often a symptom of GI inflammation. Charcoal or cascara may also help in that regard. You can also ask the doctor about ketotifen or cyproheptadine since these act as endotoxin antagonists and their antihistamine effect is known to help ezcema too.
@marteagal did you see this response? Might help :):

Magyar

Forum Supporter

Assuming the eczema is from SIBO, would flowers of sulfur be helpful in treating the eczema?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Assuming the eczema is from SIBO, would flowers of sulfur be helpful in treating the eczema?

If you mean by taking orally then probably. Sprayable antihistamine like Benadryl or topical cypro/ketotifen may help with the local issue.