High Lymphocytes

sele

Hello Everyone,

My lab test results show that I have high lymphocyte and high WBC count. Looking at my past results I see that they are in normal range when I let my TSH go up.
High TSH= Normal WBC and lymphocytes
Low TSH= High WBC and lymphocytes

I am fearful because high lymphocyte sometimes indicates leukemia. Should I be afraid, stop thyroid meds and let TSH rise out of range so blood cell counts can come back to normal? Or should I just ignore the WBC and lymphocytes, and focus on lowering TSH?

Is there a relation between TSH and lymphocytes?

Suikerbuik

It is really hard to give any relevant information on this with so little details. In any case, when TSH goes into the normal range and you observe an increase in white blood cells, this is usually a good sign. It says when your metabolism improves your immunity enhances too.

My advice would be keep using thyroid and let your doc find out what the origin is for example chronic infection of any kind, "auto-immunity" or cancer which I highly doubt to be honest.

OP
sele

sele

Unfortunately, in my opinion, doctors have limited knowledge. They have run tests and found zero infection. They have found high TSH and high thyroid antibodies, so they think it is Hashimoto's. My WBC and lymphocytes were normal.

Then, I started taking thyroid to bring my TSH down and the lymphocytes and WBC count went out of range. Is this normal?

Suikerbuik

No it is not normal, but it's not strange if you know how the body functions. I guess there's a latent infection present, which indeed means 'zero' in the current medical field. Some say NDT increases thyroid antibodies, so you maybe prefer using synthetic in that case.
It is really difficult to tell you where exactly the problem lies. The response is not normal, but not something you should 'suppress' by taking no thyroid. It is a good sign actually.
And the additional information you provided rules out cancer for >99%, at least to me. If you are really worried about cancer, I'd really advise you to have this tested. If only to take away any of your worries.

OP
sele

sele

Suikerbuik, thanks for taking the time to help me out.
Do you think there's a way of getting rid of the latent infection?
On other posts I've seen you talk about Marshall Protocol. Do you think it's safe to try it? What would Dr Peat say about using Olmesartan on high doses for long term?

Suikerbuik

Yes the marshall protocol is an interesting source with much information and great alternative explanation for many observations at molecular level especially those seen in chronic diseases.

see here a recent paper

Many people with disease or other chronic lingering health issues seem to improve significant - health wise that seems to be durable. However the "core" of that protocol is still something that needs to be further proven. (evidence is there, but needs much more support). And also if the "MP" works like the way they suppose the "MP" to work. For example preliminary evidence suggests ARBs (not established for olmesartan in specific I think) play a role in mitochondrial biogenesis. Also olmesartan is an NF-Kb antagonist, so profound immuno suppressive actions but without altering the role of TNF-alpha (excess is bad, but too little is detrimental too). Both these actions cause an increase in metabolism.

Some aspects/symtoms people suffering on the marshall protocol experience are assumed to be caused by disease, while it could very well be just down regulation of the metabolism (seen in almost any disease, likely an interaction between the two) because of environmental aspects. This differs from Peat's view, but in think in these things Peat is certainly right. Ultimately a change in microbiome is because our bodies allow the microbiome to change (stress) and not because the microbiome evolves this fast. The microbiome being present has been there for a while, but now seems to wreak havoc on us because we get weaker (and they not stronger). Our exposure to "pathogens" can be more frequent though, and so our "risk" increases.

Since also "Peating" has to prove itself for those affected by disease states. I think we can get best of both to support our biology in reaching stable homeostasis. There's truth in both theories, but how much is true for a particular person that differs (context).

Back to your question. I don't know what Peat says about olmesartan. It antagonizes aldosteron and angiotensin II, so that's a good thing in Peat's eyes. I personally think olmsartan is safe. When you take a look at the adverse effects, you could be scared but likely those are because of immunopathology. Olmesartan itself is said to reduce fibrosis and other things (arterial plaque) and more. Avoiding light as is suggested by the protocol is something weird and the immunopathology can be another culprit.

As advice, I'd stuck with Peating since that makes much more since for a "whole human body". I'd not advice the MP, because of the unpredictability and the need of a huge of understanding a/(your) human body. MP may turn out to be a succesful treatment though, so if your situation is not urgent I suggest keeping updated every know and then and follow the science. Since 2008/9 there's an huge increase in understanding and rising evidence for the treatment, but needs more foundation in my opinion.

Dezertfox

Hello Everyone,

My lab test results show that I have high lymphocyte and high WBC count. Looking at my past results I see that they are in normal range when I let my TSH go up.
High TSH= Normal WBC and lymphocytes
Low TSH= High WBC and lymphocytes

I am fearful because high lymphocyte sometimes indicates leukemia. Should I be afraid, stop thyroid meds and let TSH rise out of range so blood cell counts can come back to normal? Or should I just ignore the WBC and lymphocytes, and focus on lowering TSH?

Is there a relation between TSH and lymphocytes?
did you ever figure out why they were high?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals