High Lipoprotein A. Anyone else?

Trunks00

Hi,

I have high lipoprotein a (90 mg/dL). My father has over 200 mg/dL

I have read it is an important factor for cardiovascular events. But I cant find an effective drug or something to lower it....There are antisense oligonucleotides that could lower it but I dont know if there are availables....A lot of theory but nothinf practical to do in internet

Anyone knows something to do?

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Mito

This interesting, and κ-casein could be the biochemical mechanism for casein-induced atherosclerosis. The single serum factor most correlated with atherosclerosis is lipoprotein(a), most commonly found in the LDL fraction yet not routinely looked-for. Lipoprotein(a) is very similar to plasminogen (63.8%), having multiple near-identical lysine-binding kringle domains that ostensibly bind to frayed collagen on the vascular wall. This protein is not correlated with any other common risk factor, yet according to Linus Pauling it is induced in vitamin C deficiency. It could also be worth noting that the only animal species known to produce Lp(a) are primates, guinea pigs, and the fruit bat—or those that have lost the ability to synthesize vitamin C. Lipoprotein(a) appears to have the function of strengthening arterial walls under low vitamin C states, which do need to be fortified due to the concomitant low collagen turnover. Vitamin C is necessary for physically-hydroxylating proline and lysine into hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine, respectively, making it intuitive why vitamin C increases procollagen synthesis fourfold (at 100 μM).

Mito

Linus Pauling recommended lysine to keep Lp(a) from sticking to the arterial wall. Lipoprotein(a), like plasminogen, has a very specific lysine-binding domain. It has such a high affinity for lysine that lysine-sepharose chromatography is the standard technique used to separate it.

I like this lady she is a citizen scientist but has great information about LP (a).
I also agree with master John's information about LP(a) seems it can be a double-edged sword
depending on your health your diet and your genetic profile possibly.

OP
T

Trunks00

Anyone else with high lipoprotein a?...some advice to lower It?

Jessie

l-lysine in dosages around 3-4 grams daily should help alleviate the concern. Adding around 4-5 grams of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) will help. That was the standard basic protocol Pauling recommended.

Since then, others have came along and suggested adding other things, like glycine, vitamin E, and DHEA. Although those could be helpful, if you're looking for the most cost effective approach, I'd just stick with the traditional protocol of lysine and vit C.