High Lipoprotein A. Anyone else?

Trunks00

Hi,

I have high lipoprotein a (90 mg/dL). My father has over 200 mg/dL

I have read it is an important factor for cardiovascular events. But I cant find an effective drug or something to lower it....There are antisense oligonucleotides that could lower it but I dont know if there are availables....A lot of theory but nothinf practical to do in internet

Anyone knows something to do?

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Mito

This interesting, and κ-casein could be the biochemical mechanism for casein-induced atherosclerosis. The single serum factor most correlated with atherosclerosis is lipoprotein(a), most commonly found in the LDL fraction yet not routinely looked-for. Lipoprotein(a) is very similar to plasminogen (63.8%), having multiple near-identical lysine-binding kringle domains that ostensibly bind to frayed collagen on the vascular wall. This protein is not correlated with any other common risk factor, yet according to Linus Pauling it is induced in vitamin C deficiency. It could also be worth noting that the only animal species known to produce Lp(a) are primates, guinea pigs, and the fruit bat—or those that have lost the ability to synthesize vitamin C. Lipoprotein(a) appears to have the function of strengthening arterial walls under low vitamin C states, which do need to be fortified due to the concomitant low collagen turnover. Vitamin C is necessary for physically-hydroxylating proline and lysine into hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine, respectively, making it intuitive why vitamin C increases procollagen synthesis fourfold (at 100 μM).

Mito

Linus Pauling recommended lysine to keep Lp(a) from sticking to the arterial wall. Lipoprotein(a), like plasminogen, has a very specific lysine-binding domain. It has such a high affinity for lysine that lysine-sepharose chromatography is the standard technique used to separate it.

I like this lady she is a citizen scientist but has great information about LP (a).
I also agree with master John's information about LP(a) seems it can be a double-edged sword
depending on your health your diet and your genetic profile possibly.

Jessie

l-lysine in dosages around 3-4 grams daily should help alleviate the concern. Adding around 4-5 grams of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) will help. That was the standard basic protocol Pauling recommended.

Since then, others have came along and suggested adding other things, like glycine, vitamin E, and DHEA. Although those could be helpful, if you're looking for the most cost effective approach, I'd just stick with the traditional protocol of lysine and vit C.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hans Omega 3 Supplementation Impairs Anti‐oxidant High‐density Lipoprotein Function Scientific Studies 0
Antarehs Unusually High Lipoprotein A / Lipo(a) - Niacinamide Effective? Blood Work, Labs 15
Doludolu Very LOW Iron , Sufficient Ferritin, Excesivelly high vitamin B12 - Anemia or what is going on? Blood Work, Labs 2
H High fluctuation in energy levels/mood after coming from carnivore diet Ask For Help or Advice 4
E Is 620nmol/l morning cortisol consider to high? Blood Work, Labs 11
T Weakened erection during sex after high dose of iodine from Norwegian kelp email to Ray included Ask For Help or Advice 10
I How to lower bp - young man with high blood pressure Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 1
Pina High morning cortisol should I avoid pregnenolone before bed? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 13
E Did anyone already tried astressin B for hair loss when you have high blood cortisol? Ask For Help or Advice 0
ddjd High vitamin D levels essential for tolerating T3?? Ask For Help or Advice 0
A Need Help - Blood Labs (High TSH, Low T4/T3, Low DHEA) Ask For Help or Advice 0
ScurveDream How to enter the Smart Peat-ple Club? How to be among the liked, high status winners? Ask For Help or Advice 29
Doludolu Switching from low carb | keto | carnivore experimentation back to High-carb. Tips for safe metabolic return ? Diet 11
ecstatichamster If you can buy a high altitude tent is that good as living at altitude Altitude, Bag Breathing, CO2, Light, Weather 5
H Effects of Physical Activity at High Altitude on Hormonal Profiles in Foreign Trekkers and Indigenous Nepalese Porters Scientific Studies 0
M Low or high stomach acid ? How to tell? Digestion 4
M Addressing Hair Loss and High Calcium Intake Hair & Nails 7
M Bile deficiency / Gilbert syndrome (chronic too high bilirubin) Ask For Help or Advice 1
G Epstein-Barr and Cytomegalovirus high chrnio Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 3
S High Test but Suddenly Low free Test? Blood Work, Labs 7
C Is high-dose Thiamine therapy safe? Vitamins 14
youngsinatra Can High Vitamin D Compensate Lower Dietary Calcium? Ask For Help or Advice 4
J Any idea why my blood pressure could be high? Diet 3
M Normal/High Testosterone but low DHEA-S Blood Work, Labs 14
A High-carb diet vs supplements for reducing cortisol Diet 3
Marine Is possible to have and mantain a. high sex drive everyday? Male Issues 29
M High calcium ? Ask For Help or Advice 0
J High triglycerides, high cholesterol (LDL), mildly elevated AST Blood Work, Labs 4
P High dose vitamin k2 around 45mg makes vericocele vanish Male Issues 7
IVILA What explains high estrone but low estradiol? Ask For Help or Advice 5
R Safest medication to treat high blood pressure? Ask For Help or Advice 53
Hgreen56 High sugar consumption could cause the body to become unable to regulate androgen levels? Hormones 21
Hans The high sugar model did not prove to be a good model of obesity Scientific Studies 1
C Vitamin D, daily low dose or infrequent high dose? Vitamins 11
RWilly Baking Powder - a surprising amount of calcium - high calcium to phosphorus ratio Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
F Can high reverse T3 cause acummulation of the exogenous thyroid hormone in the body? Ask For Help or Advice 3
D Vitamin D Always High! Blood Work, Labs 13
A The safety of high salt diet? Ask For Help or Advice 10
Sam321 How do you determine if you have high nitric oxide? Ask For Help or Advice 2
charlie Solid High-Carbon Steel For Cooking? What Say You? Cookware, Microwave 24
D High salt intake caused metabolic acidosis Metabolism 83
Jam Applying Peat Principles To Low-Carb High-Saturated Fat: Incredible Results Discussing Dietary Models 136
G My high estrogen won't drop. Help Ask For Help or Advice 27
M Low carb high fat (pre T3) VS high carb low fat (taking 3 drops of tyronene upon waking) Logs 7
Sam321 Havent slept in a day. How to turn off high pulse and adrenaline. Ask For Help or Advice 45
Mr Joe Combo High Dose (B1 + Cypro + B3) + T3 for recovery Mental Issues 12
Mito Deaths from alcohol hit record high during 2020 Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
charlie An Open-Label Pilot Study With High-Dose Thiamine in Parkinson's Disease Scientific Studies 5
R High dose taurine long-term 3-5G per day? Taurine 2
W High DHEA but low testosterone? Blood Work, Labs 3