High Iron But Transferrin /ferritin Good. Does It Affect Ceruloplasmin?

Motif

Iron is high . Ferritin / transferrin good.

Zinc
Copper
Ceruloplasmin are Low.

Is the high iron a problem or not?

Dave Clark

This site could help you: Iron Tests
I am not an iron expert, but if your TS and ferritin levels are good, you should be okay. Maybe others with more knowledge here can comment. I myself would still think that high serum iron is going to mean more iron to react and make hydroxyl radicals, so I would probably try to get that level down. My preference is IP-6/inositol.

tankasnowgod

Iron is high . Ferritin / transferrin good.

Zinc
Copper
Ceruloplasmin are Low.

Is the high iron a problem or not?

Well, high body iron stores can be problematic. When you say "Iron is high," I don't know what you're referring to. If it's a blood test, I assume you are referring to "Serum Iron," but it could be something else, like hemoglobin, for example.

Best markers for body iron stores are Ferritin and TSAT, which is a calculation. Don't exactly know what you mean by "fine" either, if you're simply going by the lab range, there are discussions on this forum on how those ranges are wide, and not ideal. Lots of people, men in particular, can benefit from keeping ferritin in the lower end of that lab range. Search the forum, you will find this discussed many times.

OP
M

Motif

I'll try to get the exact lab results.

Serum Iron was over the top range.

Ferritin and transferrin pretty much mid range I think.

fradon

Even when ferritin and transferrin are good?

YES its worse when you consume reduced iron which nothing more than metallic iron filings that are cooked into bread, cereial, instant oatmeal and baked goods. the excess iron would kick out zinc and copper.

you can have iron levels as low as 20 and still be fine what matters is your hemoglobing and hemocrit as long as they are fine then low iron levels are not a problem but excess over time like decades of a person's live can build up in the pancrease can cause diabetes, in the prostate and lead to cancer also colon cancer is associated with high iron. aslo in the kidney's thyroid pituatry glands and this messes up hormones.

ceruoplasmin is regualted by vitamin a and dhea which signals the liver to make it.

here too much zinc could be a problem as zinc makes metalithinine and can kick out copper. so everything in balance.

but sadly we have to watch our food these days as it is enriched with so much that is unhealthy

OP
M

Motif

YES its worse when you consume reduced iron which nothing more than metallic iron filings that are cooked into bread, cereial, instant oatmeal and baked goods. the excess iron would kick out zinc and copper.

you can have iron levels as low as 20 and still be fine what matters is your hemoglobing and hemocrit as long as they are fine then low iron levels are not a problem but excess over time like decades of a person's live can build up in the pancrease can cause diabetes, in the prostate and lead to cancer also colon cancer is associated with high iron. aslo in the kidney's thyroid pituatry glands and this messes up hormones.

ceruoplasmin is regualted by vitamin a and dhea which signals the liver to make it.

here too much zinc could be a problem as zinc makes metalithinine and can kick out copper. so everything in balance.

but sadly we have to watch our food these days as it is enriched with so much that is unhealthy

Could it be possible that high iron is my only issue and causes histamine intolerance for me cause it keeps zinc and copper low?

And all I need to do is donating blood?

fradon

Could it be possible that high iron is my only issue and causes histamine intolerance for me cause it keeps zinc and copper low?

And all I need to do is donating blood?

histamine issues could be low vitamin a there is doc on youtube that says that increasing vitamin A will lower mast cell activation and thus lower histamine attacks and allergies.

OP
M

Motif

histamine issues could be low vitamin a there is doc on youtube that says that increasing vitamin A will lower mast cell activation and thus lower histamine attacks and allergies.

I accidentally heavily overdosed vitamin A for 6 weeks. No improvement.
After stopping the vitamin A for weeks i did a blood test and it still wasn't very high

OP
M

Motif

Iron last time was 223 at a range from 40-160.

Ferritin in 2016 was 66 at a Range from 20-250

Iron in 2013 was 170 range 65-175

Donate or not?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Iron last time was 223 at a range from 40-160.

Ferritin in 2016 was 66 at a Range from 20-250

Iron in 2013 was 170 range 65-175

Donate or not?
If those were my numbers I'd be fine with donating.

OP
M

Motif

Thanks. Tuesday I could donate. I would give it a try and see if my symptoms get better after that

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks. Tuesday I could donate. I would give it a try and see if my symptoms get better after that
Best wishes, I usually feel better after donating.

OP
M

Motif

Let's see how it goes out!

How long til this feeling disappears again?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Let's see how it goes out!

How long til this feeling disappears again?
I'm sure it depends on the person. If I haven't donated for a while I usually like to donate a couple times as close as the blood bank allows (every 52 days) and then I can go once every 4-6 months.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
What symptoms are improving for you from it?
Just generally feeling better as though a burden has been removed from my system and a bit more energy.
Edit: the first day or two afterwards I'm a bit more tired but that resolves quickly.