High Iron But Doctors Wont Let Me Donate Blood Because Of G6PD Deficiency. Dunno What To Do

lvysaur

What's your ethnicity? G6PD seems to be most common among southern Euros and MidEasterners.

Hemochromatosis (or just subclinical high iron) is common in western Euros, and whites in general.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I am half middle eastern, half Italian.

These are my results:

Not sure what the symptoms are of G6PD deficiency...

Attachments

• G6PD.png
    G6PD.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 22
OP
Sexypizza

Sexypizza

What's your ethnicity? G6PD seems to be most common among southern Euros and MidEasterners.

Hemochromatosis (or just subclinical high iron) is common in western Euros, and whites in general.

Yeah, Im middle eastern.

OP
Sexypizza

Sexypizza

How do you know you have G6PD deficiency? I am carrier for one of the alleles, based off my 23andme.

Curious to know what symptoms you were experiencing...!

I did a test for it as a kid I think and again a few years ago and it said that I had it. I also got a full blood panel before and after eating foods that were not G6PD friendly and noticed that while eating those foods my RBC was low and after stopping my RBC went back to normal. I never experienced any symptoms from it, to be honest.

OP
Sexypizza

Sexypizza

UPDATE:

I did a haemochromatosis test and both mutations came out negative so its highly unlikely that I have it which is good but now I don't know why my ferritin is so high lol I guess it was from diet.

I found a place that is willing to take blood from me for research purposes but they don't take much just 200ml I did one donation there so far. I've also been taking cilantro and IP6 for about a month now and my last iron panel has changed significantly.

my latest results are

Serum Iron 9.9 umol/L 10.00- 30.00 Low
Transferrin 2.88 g/L 2.10 - 3.80
Transferrin saturation 14 % 15- 50 Low
Ferritin 225 ug/L 30-250

So that's kind of cool. I've noticed Slightly higher libido and better erections from PFS. I really hope that keeps improving and is not temporary. The first two weeks of taking thyroid I noticed substantial improvements that faded away with time and the first time I started taking coconut oil the same happened. So I'm really hoping it will be different this time.

I will take some temperature and pulse measurements to see if there is any improvements in that area.

Ohh and I almost forgot. I also started to notice a lot of eye twitching lately but im not sure if that's related to what I'm doing or if its caused by something else.