High-intensity Interval Training Rapidly Improves (normalize) Diabetics' Glucose Metabolism

HLP

Just curious about heart rate during interval training. I am running at 7 MPH for 30 seconds followed by walking at 2.2 MPH for 90 seconds. I am working at a 2% incline for all intervals. My heart rate peaks at about 175 BPM and lowers to 138 BPM during the rest portion. I am 60 years old and didn't find this uncomfortable at all. No mouth breathing necessary. Is this heart rate too high or could it be that my resting heart rate is relatively high? Any advice would be appreciated.

dibble

After a number of bouts of illness which appeared to coincide with my vasectomy, I managed to work my way up to weightlifting and subsequently some sprinting. Its this exercise that has produced the most dramatic postive increases in my physical and mental wellbeing. I followed an RP diet after my illnesses ( I lost circa 2 stone in weight) in 6 months and the RP diet helped my healing. The androgen production from 2-3 weights/sprinting sessions has taken me to another level. Im convinced exercise and perhaps the natural production of DHT is key, certainly for me.

Constatine

Yep, I can even drink alcohol in the weeks I sprint and Im fine. Think it makes me 10 years younger.
It makes me feel very androgenic and even seems to help with gut issues. When I do it consistently I definitely feel more lively.

marcar72

I just did some interval jogging during a 4 mile walk. I think I'll pursue it a few times a week with some dumbbell sets. Feels great getting back home from the walk and the intervals clears the head pretty good. I've been resting on my laurels too long to get away without some exercise here in my older years. :)

Luke

Could you please provide an example of what sprinting is ? Like running really fast for a few seconds ?

Running as fast as you can.

A good example is indoor 60m sprints. Look on YouTube.

If you live near a soccer pitch, sprint to the halfway line and jog the rest of the way to the other side. Do some pushup, squats and pullups on the crossbar. Rest for 20 secs. Repeat...until you're too uncomfortable to carry on.

^ a very simple circuit which can be adapted to your current fitness levels.