High Homocysteine As A Genetic Disease? What To Do?

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

when you're deficient in energy and nutrients, you have to be more careful with stimulating things, one of them being thyroid supplements.
Yes I agree with that thought. But I try to eat following a R Peat logic of foods [for more than seven months]; and if my thyroid is low [and it is very very low, by measuring temperature-pulse], how to heal the tumor? With 36 C or less all over the day, how to deal with the disease?

Amazoniac

oops Amazoniac, we posted more or less together, so my question was to Gilson...
And no, my metabolism is not sharp, it is low!
I just decided to not yet go for thyroid sup, to not interfere with my production that is not bad according to labs.
Since you replied to him on other threads I thought that you knew..

--
Yes I agree with that thought. But I try to eat following a R Peat logic of foods [for more than seven months]; and if my thyroid is low [and it is very very low, by measuring temperature-pulse], how to heal the tumor? With 36 C or less all over the day, how to deal with the disease?
I wish I knew. I gave you some humble opinions.
Check this:
In hypothyroidism there is little stomach acid, and other digestive juices (and even intestinal movement) are inadequate, so gas and constipation are common. Foods aren't assimilated well, so even on a seemingly adequate diet there is "internal malnutrition." Magnesium is poorly absorbed, and a magnesium deficiency can lead to irritability, blood clots, vascular spasms and angina pectoris, and many other problems.
If you are sick, reconsider everything you are doing as a contributing factor.

Xisca

I have mentionned stomach acid before, as I use it, and it is also necessary for B12.
I also find strange for me this of the temp...
I am in the high range of T3 as well as T4. I might need more, but if possible to do something to stimulate, I will reserve sup of ndt for later, like tyromax.
I have a all life low metabolism, written by doctors when a young child.
What helped me was having an active outdoor life, I have heat when my muscles work. Then cold shower when I was brave enough...
I also have been high in animal products almost all the time, and notice the good efect of it, and also of eating liver, of young animal lika lamb or veal, more than beef.

For me, low temps are about LIVER (haha, mine, not the one I eat!).
Methylation is about detox liver.
Thus B12 and B9, and maybe glutathione, that I have never taken... or not yet who knows.
Hypothyroid would be a consecuence more than a cause?
I got worse only after surgery and after mercury removal badly done.

I also got help from stress management, this I have spoken a lot in my posts... ;)
Then the body takes care and repair more.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

"gas and constipation are common" in hypothyrodism. OK. It is real.
But I don´t have gas or constipation.
I know - by my low temperature and the tumor - that there is one or more ´contributing factors´. I´m trying hardly to discover it. But unfortunatelly I can´t find out. Thinking, studying R Peat, but it has been difficult.

Xisca

"Central hypothermia involves NO organic malfunction. There is not a single microgram too much or too little of anything. This is purely a central metabolic control system (CMCS) programming issue. Hence, no dietary supplement can correct CMCS issues. Your CMCS is about as smart as a room full of Ph.D. control systems engineers, who have erroneously decided that 98.6oF is life threatening, so any plan must be designed to work with these virtual engineers with whom you have no direct communication."

Mito

@Mito, thanks!!
I see that my weakness is the thyroid; I just do anythyng I know but I am not improving my thyroid;
My body temperature is no more than 36.2.
Have you listened to this podcast?
YouTube version:

Play the audio from a web page, or download an MP3
#11: Nitric Oxide and Methylene Blue

Haidut talks about possible causes of temperature not increasing after taking thyroid (at the 21 minute mark in podcast). Haidut says that Ray has said the cause is either vitamin A or vitamin D deficiency or there is a chronic infection. Nitric Oxide (NO) is overproduced in a chronic infection state. It's the NO that is holding the temperature down by binding to cytochrome C oxidase thereby inhibiting proper energy metabolism.

Ella

Forum Supporter
It can take some time for temps to come up and yes it is not so easy just taking thyroid hormone to get temps up. If you are in a depleted state the body in all its wisdom shuts down your energy supply in order to conserve energy for repair, fighting infections, dealing with toxicities etc. If there is a conversion problem of T4 to T3, then the problem is the liver. What form of thyroid replacement are you taking. Your RT3 is OK, so you can afford more t4 but if liver is not working then you will have problems with conversion.

Have you tried to add some starches into the diet. Mashed potatoes with salt, milk and butter to bring the temperature up. Rice with salt. The sodium in the salt is very alkalising and usually depleted in sympathetic state. You are having lots of fruit. Are you balancing with added salt?

When it comes to tumours, we must always think of toxicity at the root of the problem.

First check your morning urine - second void. It must be kept between 6.4 - 7.0. Lower than 6.4 means the body is too acidic and shortage of pancreatic alkaline minerals to buffer and higher than 7.0 indicates too alkaline, perhaps inadequate stomach acids.

Are you having leafy greens. Even if you do have the genetic SNP, it does not mean you need to supplement for the rest of you life. 50% of Italians carry this SNPs and if they stick to their traditional diets of plenty of fruits, vegetables and starches and laid back lifestyle they live a long healthy life. I am Italian and know I have to be scrupulous about the quality of my diet and take time to chill out. The Chinese on the other hand, have the lowest incident of the this SNP yet have the highest rate of Spina Bifida due to high pollution. Having a genetic variation is not a mutation and is not a life sentence. It simply means you were conceived in an environment of abundance and if we don't continue to survive outside the uterus in a similar fashion, we comprise our health.

Carrot fibre, cascara and activated charcoal (large particle size). Try this over a week tracking temp and see if it helps. It helps greatly without taking thyroid so I think it should speed temp increase on thryoid.

Near infrared sauna to keep temp up for enzymatic processes. If you don't have access to sauna them a lamp is good too.

Ozone and Rife therapy.

Xisca

in sympathetic state
ANS, autonomous nervous system, is running the system.
We all have a mix of sympathetic and ParaSympathetic activation, and when there is a shutdown of parasympathetic ABOVE the sympathetic, this S goes on running under the PS.
This is called freeze response, it is usually partial, we go on living without noticing it AT ALL, and it wrecks havoc on the reciprocity of the 2 branches of the ANS. The PS itself has 2 branches too, ventral and dorsal. Dorsal is responsable of freeze as a life saving response, and ventral is responsable for social engagement. And more, I do shortcuts.

Something like low temps and low pulse are signals of an ongoing freeze response. That is why correcting the hormones is not enough sometimes. And by correcting directly the ANS, the body takes care of the rest by itself. The other topic running on that I mentionned is talking about this.

When low temp and pulse have been there for a life time, it is usually a perinatal issue. And it has nothing to do with the gravity of the problem, but the nervous reaction, that is automatic. Not your mind but the body can tell if this is the case. By health issues and somatic adaptations. We "just" have to "tell" the body that the problem is over, is in the past, and that it can fully live NOW. But there is no access through mind, we have to speak body language, and of course we use the mind, to organize the right strategy that is going to deliver the message where it has to go.

Historically in our lives, the reaction of the ANS is 1st, and hormones, endocrine system etc, come after. They are a consequence, a response. However quick in time, they come after. Emotions and thoughts also come after. Of course they can feed back, and so in the present, we do not notice what comes first. And as we are thinking beings, we think that our thoughts come first. They don't, but they can help of course. Go direct to the body, whatever the method, and this reset temperature method, I am going to do it. My temps were 36º7 when I went to bed, and 36º6 this morning, and pulse only 52. I am going to check now after coffee and breakfast.

Ella

Forum Supporter
That is why correcting the hormones is not enough sometimes. And by correcting directly the ANS, the body takes care of the rest by itself.

I agree whole-heartedly.

We "just" have to "tell" the body that the problem is over, is in the past, and that it can fully live NOW.

The "telling the body" the problem is over is the hard part because much of what is causing the dis-ease is buried at the unconscious level and bringing it to the surface is not so easy. Seeking those pleasurable activities like dance, music, laughter being in nature places us in the NOW. Playing as we did as children also healing and it is important to actively engage in these activities to bring about healing.

Amazoniac

Hey @gilson dantas, a few more things for your consideration.
Have you tried apple juice? I'm mentioning this because slow metabolism is better suited to foods that are grown away from the tropics. Vit E requirements are increased in proportion to C. The composition of the foods are in such way that might allow you to recover the metabolism in a more natural way, being more suitable for this given circumstance.
Just like fats that are better suited for warm temperatures, the sugars and acids of fruits probably develop in the same way. When the metabolism is weaker, you can't oxidize saturated fats properly, which is why in most degenerative diseases unsaturated fats don't pose an immediate problem, especially if acquired from natural sources. It has nothing to do with their cumulative effect in the long-term or how impairing they would be in an ideal situation.
You could still concile a stimulating and safe diet to get out of this state by slowly transitioning and incorporating more tropical fruits as desired.
Again, Ray is aware that the vit E needs increase much more than C in slow metabolisms (quoted here before). Excess C and some other compounds might impair proper oxidation flow when the metabolism is not sharp.
Dairy supports life everywhere.
Tubers develop almost everywhere.

And again, shellfish might give you valuable nutrients.

Have you noticed how fibromyalgic patients often find benefit from malic acid? An organic acid that happens to appear abundantly in apples that happen to grow away from the tropics? It can be a coincidence, but it's something that deserves some consideration.

You might expect that even the antimicrobials contained in them would be more protective for a weak metabolism, where it's expected to find more complex pathogenic microbes that are slower in their development. Apples for example have more potent antifungal compounds, which is why apple cider vinegar is widely recommended for fungal infestations.

This has been throughly discussed in Koch's work.

To put it simply: it's all about matching foods to a slowed down capacity (gbolduev) or using crutch substances that emulate a strong metabolism until you can stand on your own feet again without assistance (haidut).

Last edited:

Xisca

@Ella yes totally! Playing, and especially WITH others and not alone. All activities you mentionned are mostly done with other persons...
It gives strength for the process.

Bringing to the surface can be very easy, and it happens all the time when we are triggered. The real problem is to not put it back in ...
Therapies need to talk to the body in any way, and what I read of this temp reset does it.
The concept of felt sense is what is used to heal and go to unconscious level directly. I have seen it occuring so fast that it is incredible. If too strong it can freeze = anestesiate the system, in all meanings, including low temp.

About the genetic problem, yes I have found testimonies of people who have it and compensate with supps. So it helps to know I think.

Edit: I have the result and yes I have the genetic profile for high homocysteine. I have posted in the lab work forum

Ella

Forum Supporter
Have you noticed how fibromyalgic patients often find benefit from malic acid? An organic acid that happens to appear abundantly in apples that happen to grow away from the tropics? It can be a coincidence, but it's something that deserves some consideration.

Not just fibromyalgia but chronic fatigue and detoxification especially aluminium. It is the reason I love to include lots of stewed apples/pears in the diet.

OJ can be aggressive for people who have high levels of heavy metals and poor buffering. Raw apple juice or raw any juice is too irritating for these individuals. The pectin which is great for binding toxins is problematic for these people and must be cooked for lengthy time and not eaten too much at one sitting.

mostly done with other persons...
It gives strength for the process.

Yes, we are indeed social animals. Speaking of increase in body temperature. Have you ever experienced in the presence of like-minded people when the group is in sync. and a warm feeling shoots through your whole body, your cheeks become rosy and warm. A sense of peace and belonging and the body experiences a slight shiver. These are rare moments.

About the genetic problem, yes I have found testimonies of people who have it and compensate with supps. So it helps to know I think.

Do not call it a genetic problem. You live in an idyllic part of world and your genetics reflect this. The weather is hot not below 25 degrees all year round. You would have been conceived in an environment of abundance. Your need for folate - fruit and leafy greens is greater along with liver and seafood will be greater. 50% of people from latin countries have the MFTHR variation. Which one do have?

The variation only becomes a problem when you move away from the environment in which you were conceived. Consuming processed/junk foods and high stress life-style will be a disaster. Someone who had more efficient genes may tolerate higher levels of chemicals and stress.

Your slow phase 1 detoxification pathway ie slow ability to detox coffee is actually beneficial because it gives phase 2 enzymes time to clear more deleterious molecules. The problem is greater if phase 2 enzymes are slow at clearing toxins.
Thus the estrogen problem.

Think food rather than supplements.

Xisca

Raw apple juice or raw any juice is too irritating for these individuals. The pectin which is great for binding toxins is problematic for these people and must be cooked for lengthy time and not eaten too much at one sitting.
Sometimes I have juice that goes along the track and goes out in 1 hour... Proof by the colour of some beetroot inside!
I eat apples and pear cooke since long time, and I am glad I learned here to filter orange juice!

Amazoniac

@gilson dantas
Considering the issue with elevated homocysteine, carrot fibers can bind bile and contribute to its excretion, however it can also carry some nutrients along and prevent their reabsorption, one of them is folate. It might explain why some people experience constipation from it.

100g of each:
upload_2017-6-18_17-58-53.png

I think that tangerines and papayas have much more of the carotenes that can affect the metabolism if already low.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals