High Fat Quality Goat Milk Or Low Fat Store Milk?

Uselis

What do you think is worse long term? I drink around 3 liters of goat milk which puts me at 150g fat and 7g PUFA. It is much more tasty however I think high fat is worse for my mood and mental clarity.

I handle store bought milk fine. 2.5% is fat content. I'd be around 70g fat a day and much lower PUFA. Not so much taste and it bloats me.

Thanks

What do you think is better:

a) High fat but quality milk
b) Low fat but questionable quality

Maljam

Have you tried just drinking less than 3 litres of it a day?

You shouldn't even be thinking about eating something that bloats you as a staple.

OP
U

Uselis

Have you tried just drinking less than 3 litres of it a day?

You shouldn't even be thinking about eating something that bloats you as a staple.

Good point haha but I am fairly active and milk mixed with honey just perfect fuel on the go.

Maljam

Good point haha but I am fairly active and milk mixed with honey just perfect fuel on the go.

You may need to broaden your options a little if those are your two options, as I mentioned, bloating is not a good sign, you shouldn't consider that, which brings us to drinking less quantity of high fat milk. Have you considered replacing some of the milk calories with fruit, cheese, meats, they should be easy to eat on the go.

OP
U

Uselis

Yeah, I guess variety is what I'll have to experiment with.

Lollipop2

I would personally stick with high fat high quality but as mentioned above drink less. Store bought, no matter the fat content, is never as good. I don’t trust large milk producers.

Jessie

I just get the certified organic skim milk my local Kroger sells. Sometimes I'll get the 2% "grassmilk" by Organic Valley, but that s**t is expensive.

I can't tell a difference between fresh (raw) milk and store milk. Fresh milk tastes slightly different, a little sweeter, but other then that it's about the same.

I think the grassfed part is more important then the raw part imo.

Skim milk digests faster then full-fat milk, so this may be causing some sort of digestive disturbance. You could try warming the milk the first, see if this helps.

Dutchie

You could skim off some of the fat in the milk yourself. There are many videos on YouTube that show how to do it.

PaRa

You could skim off some of the fat in the milk yourself. There are many videos on YouTube that show how to do it.

goat milk is way harder to skim as it's naturally emulsified
you'll have to heat it then let it cooling and after you will be able to skim
whereas with unhomogeneized cow milk, most of the fat will be on the top of the bottle

Dutchie

goat milk is way harder to skim as it's naturally emulsified
you'll have to heat it then let it cooling and after you will be able to skim
whereas with unhomogeneized cow milk, most of the fat will be on the top of the bottle
The vids I saw on YouTube all used the heating and cooling method,also with cow milk.