High (extracellular) serotonin causes Alzheimer's and depression

aliml

The study definitely uses tricky wording, but it doesn't seem very safe to me to chronically lower serotonin via pharmaceuticals to combat Alzheimer's/depression. The serotonin transporter goes down due to insufficient levels of salt in the diet, so I think eating more salt is the best way to keep serotonin low, rather than using pharmaceuticals, because in addition to lowering serotonin, salt also lowers histamine (because it raises CO2 production). The problem with pharmaceuticals is that by lowering serotonin without necessarily raising CO2 production, they might have the side effect of raising histamine.

I think serotonin might go up as a protective reaction against excess histamine, as dulling the emotions via serotonin is the body's back-up way of protecting against the emotional instability caused by histamine when the body doesn't have enough energy to produce CO2, which is the healthy way to keep histamine low.

It seems the real cause of Alzheimer's and depression might be excess histamine, not excess serotonin. But lowering histamine is hard, aside from milk, thyroid, vitamin D, coffee, chocolate, niacinamide, salt, and cold showers, I don't really know what else works.

Dual H3R antagonist/5HT4R agonist (such as Ozone) have potential for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease.

Razvan

The study definitely uses tricky wording, but it doesn't seem very safe to me to chronically lower serotonin via pharmaceuticals to combat Alzheimer's/depression. The serotonin transporter goes down due to insufficient levels of salt in the diet, so I think eating more salt is the best way to keep serotonin low, rather than using pharmaceuticals, because in addition to lowering serotonin, salt also lowers histamine (because it raises CO2 production). The problem with pharmaceuticals is that by lowering serotonin without necessarily raising CO2 production, they might have the side effect of raising histamine.

I think serotonin might go up as a protective reaction against excess histamine, as dulling the emotions via serotonin is the body's back-up way of protecting against the emotional instability caused by histamine when the body doesn't have enough energy to produce CO2, which is the healthy way to keep histamine low.

It seems the real cause of Alzheimer's and depression might be excess histamine, not excess serotonin. But lowering histamine is hard, aside from milk, thyroid, vitamin D, coffee, chocolate, niacinamide, salt, and cold showers, I don't really know what else works.
Yeah the salt information is very good indeed,as it raises co2 and lowers serotonin,but I don't think cold showers and niacinamide lower histamine in fact niacinamide can directly make histamine higher as a lot of people saw that by taking niacinamide their saliva production increases (including myself) which is a sign of increased histamine. Histamine can be bad , but also can be good in some situations as it is essential for stomach acid production and saliva's antibacterial effect. Histamine is a stimulant,but can make damage only depending on the situation. I don't think serotonin raises to counteract histamine because histamine is evil, I think the body is much more stupid than this and serotonin makes the real damage you are talking about, that's why the body craves some foods on a high serotonin state.
Foods that will be craved will be salty,sugary foods and also cigarettes and coffee that lower serotonin. That's why Eastern Europe's perfect breakfast is coffee and cigarettes,it is an auto medication. Niacinamide is effective and therapeutic because raises NAD and also NADH,but more NAD. Forces the oxidation towards glucose and can produce more CO2.

lampofred

Yeah the salt information is very good indeed,as it raises co2 and lowers serotonin,but I don't think cold showers and niacinamide lower histamine in fact niacinamide can directly make histamine higher as a lot of people saw that by taking niacinamide their saliva production increases (including myself) which is a sign of increased histamine. Histamine can be bad , but also can be good in some situations as it is essential for stomach acid production and saliva's antibacterial effect. Histamine is a stimulant,but can make damage only depending on the situation. I don't think serotonin raises to counteract histamine because histamine is evil, I think the body is much more stupid than this and serotonin makes the real damage you are talking about, that's why the body craves some foods on a high serotonin state.
Foods that will be craved will be salty,sugary foods and also cigarettes and coffee that lower serotonin. That's why Eastern Europe's perfect breakfast is coffee and cigarettes,it is an auto medication. Niacinamide is effective and therapeutic because raises NAD and also NADH,but more NAD. Forces the oxidation towards glucose and can produce more CO2.

Niacinamide seems similar to thyroxine, which increases adrenaline in the short-run but actually lowers adrenaline and increases depth of relaxation in the long-run.

I agree that histamine is good in some situations, as long as it's controlled (with concomitant high CO2 production). The problems occur when histamine is high but CO2 is low.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals