High Estradiol, low Estrone? also viruses

Hello forum,

I have encountered, recently, high levels of Estradiol and low levels of Estrone in my blood for a male individual (43 pg/mL and 22 pg/ml, respectively). I have not been taking Pregnenolone or Progesterone recently. Do you have any suggestion regarding the cause of this? I'd say the pattern suggests the testosterone pathway is involved, but I'm not ready to rule out milk. Two quarts could give about 1500-2000 pg of Estradiol a day, resulting in a daily excess of 500 pg given a half life of 15 hours; over a month that would already be significant in my opinion (3 pg/mL of blood). Estrone should also be high, though.

I have also found late Cytomegalovirus, Zoster and Adenovirus antibodies; would you say it is a good idea to take some amount of Astragalus or Arabinogalactans to overstimulate the immune system? I know this be would hard on the body, as well as anti-Peat. C-reactive protein is very low (0.03mg/dL)

I am 22 and I have a history of mild anemia, neutropaenia, Tourette's like tics (triggered by feeding especially), candida, acne, gray patches and fatigue (gone). My diet consists of two quarts of pastured milk, juice, organ meats and seafood with T3 and T4. I have been stone cold lately! Do help me out, please.

Thank you, and be well.

I think excess milk and thyroid synergistically increase estrogen levels in susceptible individuals. There is a well known association between hyperthyroidism and elevated estrogen levels in men. It's important to note that estrogen can be elevated even without the classical signs of hyperthyroidism such as racing pulse and sweating. An over-reliance on milk inhibits the absorption of iron and zinc; a deficiency of either results in anemia and the latter a relative excess of copper.

Moderating the dose of thyroid and taking a zinc supplement ought to work. Zinc is very effective at firing up the immune system.

Mittir

Daily Raw carrot salad should help with lowering estrogen.
RP puts a lot of emphasis on this.
A healthy liver supposed to detoxify all the estrogen passes through it.
RP thinks excess estrogen is a common cause of hypothyroidism.
Low thyroid, Low progesterone,PUFA storage, Gut irritation,
endotoxin and weak liver contributes to high estrogen.
High Estrogen and low thyroid creates a vicious cycle.
Pectin in OJ and other fruit juices can increase endotoxin.
It would be a good idea to avoid pectin and soluble fiber to see if things get better.
Measuring temperature and pulse 1-2 hour after breakfast gives a good idea
about thyroid status. If you can test your TSH, Total T3 an total T4, if possible reverse T3.
Too much fluid can be a problem for hypothyroid person. Extra salt can help with that
or you can decrease fluid consumption until your thyroid gets better.
In the beginning i mostly ate home made farmers' cheese .
You can drink 1 quart of milk and farmers cheese from 1 quart of milk.
RP thinks common cause of anemia is hypothyroidism.
You will need Iron saturation index and Ferritin level to
measure your total iron status.

There are old threads on estrogen in milk. RP recommended low fat milk if someone is worried about estrogen in milk. According to following study skim milk has 0.4 pg/ml and
1 percent milk has 0.6 pg/ml. It looks like you are using whole milk.
This study claims that estrogen in cow's milk is small compared to human production.

Dairy Sci. 2010 Jun;93(6):2533-40. doi: 10.3168/jds.2009-2947.
Estrone and 17beta-estradiol concentrations in pasteurized-homogenized milk and commercial dairy products.
Pape-Zambito DA, Roberts RF, Kensinger RS.
Source

Department of Dairy and Animal Science, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA.
Abstract

Some individuals fear that estrogens in dairy products may stimulate growth of estrogen-sensitive cancers in humans. The presence of estrone (E(1)) and 17beta-estradiol (E(2)) in raw whole cow's milk has been demonstrated. The objectives of this study were to determine if pasteurization-homogenization affects E(2) concentration in milk and to quantify E(1) and E(2) concentrations in commercially available dairy products. The effects of pasteurization-homogenization were tested by collecting fresh raw milk, followed by pasteurization and homogenization at 1 of 2 homogenization pressures. All treated milks were tested for milk fat globule size, percentages of milk fat and solids, and E(2) concentrations. Estrone and E(2) were quantified from organic or conventional skim, 1%, 2%, and whole milks, as well as half-and-half, cream, and butter samples. Estrone and E(2) were quantified by RIA after organic solvent extractions and chromatography. Pasteurization-homogenization reduced fat globule size, but did not significantly affect E(2), milk fat, or milk solids concentrations. Estrone concentrations averaged 2.9, 4.2, 5.7, 7.9, 20.4, 54.1 pg/mL, and 118.9 pg/g in skim, 1%, 2%, and whole milks, half-and-half, cream, and butter samples, respectively. 17Beta-estradiol concentrations averaged 0.4, 0.6, 0.9, 1.1, 1.9, 6.0 pg/mL, and 15.8 pg/g in skim, 1%, 2%, whole milks, half-and-half, cream, and butter samples, respectively. The amount of fat in milk significantly affected E(1) and E(2) concentrations in milk. Organic and conventional dairy products did not have substantially different concentrations of E(1) and E(2). Compared with information cited in the literature, concentrations of E(1) and E(2) in bovine milk are small relative to endogenous production rates of E(1) and E(2) in humans.

OP
S
Hello! Please skip the basics.

Unfortunately my lab doesn't check saturation but transferrin and ferritin are perfectly normal. Iron is slightly on the low side, just like hemoglobin and red blood cell count; that was the confusing part!

The only zinc I can find has silica in it... I took it yesterday and it made my dose of liver effective against acne once again. I was starting to get a couple new pimples despite my large weekly slice (at one point I had canker sores from the retinol). I can't buy oysters without a car, and I'm on suspended license.

This week I shall go T3 only and see what happens. But I am starting to doubt the potency of Cynomel. The only times it has worked is when I could feel some sort of an electrical sensation where the pill touched my tongue.

p.s. my half life calculation makes no sense. I don't know what impact the milk could be having.

staytuned

Such_Saturation said:
Hello! Please skip the basics.

Unfortunately my lab doesn't check saturation but transferrin and ferritin are perfectly normal. Iron is slightly on the low side, just like hemoglobin and red blood cell count; that was the confusing part!

The only zinc I can find has silica in it... I took it yesterday and it made my dose of liver effective against acne once again. I was starting to get a couple new pimples despite my large weekly slice (at one point I had canker sores from the retinol). I can't buy oysters without a car, and I'm on suspended license.

This week I shall go T3 only and see what happens. But I am starting to doubt the potency of Cynomel. The only times it has worked is when I could feel some sort of an electrical sensation where the pill touched my tongue.

p.s. my half life calculation makes no sense. I don't know what impact the milk could be having.

Any luck w/the estradiol? I'm facing something similar (although different medical history) and am wondering if you had any luck w/moderating estrogen/estradiol?

OP
S
Unfortunately I haven't hit the lab for a while :D I am feeling better, though. I might check some levels this summer!

Such_Saturation said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/34144/ Hello forum,

I have encountered, recently, high levels of Estradiol and low levels of Estrone in my blood for a male individual (43 pg/mL and 22 pg/ml, respectively). I have not been taking Pregnenolone or Progesterone recently. Do you have any suggestion regarding the cause of this? I'd say the pattern suggests the testosterone pathway is involved, but I'm not ready to rule out milk. Two quarts could give about 1500-2000 pg of Estradiol a day, resulting in a daily excess of 500 pg given a half life of 15 hours; over a month that would already be significant in my opinion (3 pg/mL of blood). Estrone should also be high, though.

I have also found late Cytomegalovirus, Zoster and Adenovirus antibodies; would you say it is a good idea to take some amount of Astragalus or Arabinogalactans to overstimulate the immune system? I know this be would hard on the body, as well as anti-Peat. C-reactive protein is very low (0.03mg/dL)

I am 22 and I have a history of mild anemia, neutropaenia, Tourette's like tics (triggered by feeding especially), candida, acne, gray patches and fatigue (gone). My diet consists of two quarts of pastured milk, juice, organ meats and seafood with T3 and T4. I have been stone cold lately! Do help me out, please.

Thank you, and be well.

What organ meats do you eat? Kidneys are a good source of selenium.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S
Westside PUFAs said:
What organ meats do you eat? Kidneys are a good source of selenium.

Only calf liver!