High-dose Vitamin K2 Supplementation

Mossy

Vitamin K, proportionate to the dose, hurts my bones, puts me in a irritable mood, deepens my voice, and makes me feel sluggish. I know there are many threads and studies about clotting being a non-issue, but I do wonder if it could be a factor.

I'm sure, with a quick research effort, I'll be able to quell any concerns about the clotting.

DaveFoster

I took 45 mg daily for several weeks. It's pretty powerful stuff with effects similar to methylene blue or T3. I lost fat around my face, and it may have edged my jaw a bit.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Can someone please explain to me why any form of Vitamin K2 makes me feel extreme fatigue, low energy, low mood, low blood pressure?

I've tried both Mk4 and Mk7 time and time again, and it's very rare for me to react so strongly to something, but it feels like I am so "out of it" whenever I try and supplement Vitamin K2.
Does it slash cortisol?

Would love your thoughts/ideas?

Bart1

Can someone please explain to me why any form of Vitamin K2 makes me feel extreme fatigue, low energy, low mood, low blood pressure?

I've tried both Mk4 and Mk7 time and time again, and it's very rare for me to react so strongly to something, but it feels like I am so "out of it" whenever I try and supplement Vitamin K2.
Does it slash cortisol?

I have exactly the same reaction. Maybe depletion of certain minerals which is talked about earlier in the thread?

ljihkugft7

Does it slash cortisol?

Did you ever figure this out?
Same thing happens to me

Sagitarrius90

Bump

I think alot of people give up on k2 mostly because they aren't accounting for minerals. Since this boosts ATP and other pathways I assume it's going to need more raw ingredients. I get a bad reaction aka stress reaction when I do a drop of kuinone and my assumption is low calcium and low magnesium and possibly low potassium. Going to do 4mg a day with 8000 iu D 400 mg Mag glycinate and 800 mg calcium (400 elemental)

Hopefully see a good energy boost. I tried coq10 and notice a huge difference with my natural energy levels. I've been obsessed with cortisol and seem to always blame it on cortisol if I'm irritably angry etc but I'm starting to think my mitochondrial health is bad so let's see if I can handle k2 since it can amplify coq10 which has given me great results across the board

Hairfedup

K2 absolutely destroys my erections and weakens my PC muscle to the point I feel like a geriatric. Anyone know what may be causing this? I also take aspirin, B complex, some liposomal vitamin C etc. I've been unwell continously for the last 2 years though. Could it be something to do with my tobacco habit?

CheckMate

I have been taking 10k d3, 15mg mk4 and noticed incredible muscle gain. I have been drinking a lot of milk and supplementing with Ca carbonate, i also take mg but is like i always feel deficient... Wich is the best way to supplement Mg in your opinion?

DrJ

@Lokzo @Being @Hairfedup If you take a bunch of vitamin K2 it's going to drop blood levels of calcium as it pushes it into the bones. If you're not getting enough calcium (plus/or enough Vit D to enhance calcium absorption) to supply what Vitamin K2 is putting away then your body will sense calcium is too low and release PTH and prolactin to try to bring calcium levels up which will kill muscle tone, mood, and erections. Big dose K2 without adequate calcium is like pressing the gas while holding the brake at the same time. It won't be a good outcome. Note that it may be hard to really know what adequate calcium intake is for a huge amount of K2 since it hasn't had a lot of study except in old people where they need to pull calcium out of arteries.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
@Lokzo @Being @Hairfedup If you take a bunch of vitamin K2 it's going to drop blood levels of calcium as it pushes it into the bones. If you're not getting enough calcium (plus/or enough Vit D to enhance calcium absorption) to supply what Vitamin K2 is putting away then your body will sense calcium is too low and release PTH and prolactin to try to bring calcium levels up which will kill muscle tone, mood, and erections. Big dose K2 without adequate calcium is like pressing the gas while holding the brake at the same time. It won't be a good outcome. Note that it may be hard to really know what adequate calcium intake is for a huge amount of K2 since it hasn't had a lot of study except in old people where they need to pull calcium out of arteries.

Great point man, this totally makes sense now.

Dr. B

where you get this from? this was my theory as well mate..
Great point man, this totally makes sense now.
@Lokzo @DrJ theres a bunch of websites and maybe posts here too saying K2 is a PTH lowering agent. i dont think thats the case, the numerous reports of it causing hair shedding, personal experience of it causing hair shedding in dose dependent manner. means it raises pth and prolactin and vice versa theyre correlated. i get hair shedding from MK4 in a dose dependent manner. now supposedly K2 mk4 shuttles calcium into the bones. blood calcium is not supposed to be at 0, youre supposed to have some amount, so once K2 drops that blood calcium, it might drop pth while its doing that but it will come right back up. I dont think theres a proper way to supplement it, but I currently use 10000IU d3 a day, alongside codeage ADK just once a week. that ADK contains 3000IU vitamin A, 5000IU d3, 1mg K1, 1.5mg MK4, 300mcg MK7.

LeeLemonoil

Extremely interesting new study. Mk-7 use in rats improves many inflammatory, pro-ageing etc parameters

But Dosage used was 30mg/kg. Seems very high.

@Amazoniac @haidut

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals