High Dose Vitamin D3 Daily (100,00iu)

AJA

I appreciate the CaFe Grey video JackHanma. It helps to get a perspective. I wonder how much D is used during stress and/or illness from the fat stores?

jitsmonkey

I'm actually taking ADK mag right now and my digestive issues and mood are also greatly improving. What was your dosage btw?

My dose changes on light exposure and its predicated on my A dosage
depending on light, season, stress, etc.... A will be 25-100k D will be in a 1:5 or 6 . D:A

symptoms of A excess are similar to A deficiency so its easy to dose then just
base D doses off of that and or testing

Tenglish

I read all of Jeff T Bowles books (many are the same), but he is a special kind of genius. Make sure to keep the k up. I got then reversed with upped K small amount of kidney stones at about 100 ng/dl of vitamin D. I was taking 50k ius/day for a month with already decent levels. Turns out K supps are not as cheap or strong in general, so I now buy the K from vitaspace he endorses (just compare with Throne or IdeaLabs) plus including mk7 with Mk4 is better than either alone. Just balance your K, D, and A. and you have a powerful arsenal for most maladies. I stick at about 70ng/dl blood D and only up it for specific causes like pathogen exposure or too much sun in one day.

inthedark

Taking very high doses of D3 has been beneficial to me over the last decade: my history of respiratory infections became just that, history.

What dosing regemine were did you use for this? I've had respiratory and sinus issues for years, they've gotten better in the last few but I'd love to be able to vanquish them.

AJA

Update on Vitamin D levels from blood test. After about 2 years of taking 5,000 IU of D, the test results went from 43 to 58 which is where I am comfortable being at after reading Holick’s book and reading the information available on Vitamin D Articles, News, & Research | Vitamin D Council. My understanding is that 2,000 a day will maintain that level and so that is what I am planning on going forward. I also take Vitamin K, A and E.

Last edited:

RealNeat

Such doses may be required of people if they have certain genetic polymorphisms which impact many aspects of vitamin D utilization. The example given in this video is a woman who required 100,000 IU to suppress PTH. If you have read Hollicks work you know that he likes to mention the hundreds of thousands of IU Vit D we would make if we merely got pink in the sun. So very high quantities do not seem that unnatural. However, what may be unnatural is a sustained dosage at high quantities. Why? Because the sun induces a tan and that tan slowly inhibits the skins reactivity to UV light. As such, measuring adaptation time to the sun (aka how quickly you reach maximum skin darkening should) resembles how soon you start to dose down your synthetic Vitamin D. At least if you want to be natural about it. If the body truly needed that vitamin D at very high doses, i dont think it would produce a tan to block out UV quickly. As for black people its clear that they were built to be out in the sun, even though they can also burn, their time in the sun to produce vitamin D needs to be very extende. However that does not necessarily mean they should be supplemented at doses HIGHER than white/ whiter people.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7igHCyASRE

Mossy

Such doses may be required of people if they have certain genetic polymorphisms which impact many aspects of vitamin D utilization. The example given in this video is a woman who required 100,000 IU to suppress PTH. If you have read Hollicks work you know that he likes to mention the hundreds of thousands of IU Vit D we would make if we merely got pink in the sun. So very high quantities do not seem that unnatural. However, what may be unnatural is a sustained dosage at high quantities. Why? Because the sun induces a tan and that tan slowly inhibits the skins reactivity to UV light. As such, measuring adaptation time to the sun (aka how quickly you reach maximum skin darkening should) resembles how soon you start to dose down your synthetic Vitamin D. At least if you want to be natural about it. If the body truly needed that vitamin D at very high doses, i dont think it would produce a tan to block out UV quickly. As for black people its clear that they were built to be out in the sun, even though they can also burn, their time in the sun to produce vitamin D needs to be very extende. However that does not necessarily mean they should be supplemented at doses HIGHER than white/ whiter people.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7igHCyASRE

So, in theory, could it be argued that since I burn easily my system has determined that I do not need vitamin D and it's purposely preventing me from producing more of it? And the fact that my vitamin D (serum) on tests is always "low", as well as not feeling well when supplementing vitamin D, is that further indication of this? And that's not even to say that my low serum D is necessarily a good thing, but that my body may have determined I can't take any more, due to a deficiency or some other co-factor, and that this issue needs to be resolved before accommodating more vitamin D.

Maybe this is improper reasoning, but the thought came to me after reading your comment.

RealNeat

So, in theory, could it be argued that since I burn easily my system has determined that I do not need vitamin D and it's purposely preventing me from producing more of it? And the fact that my vitamin D (serum) on tests is always "low", as well as not feeling well when supplementing vitamin D, is that further indication of this? And that's not even to say that my low serum D is necessarily a good thing, but that my body may have determined I can't take any more, due to a deficiency or some other co-factor, and that this issue needs to be resolved before accommodating more vitamin D.

Maybe this is improper reasoning, but the thought came to me after reading your comment.
Thats not the line of thought that i would follow. I didnt say you dont need vitamin D if you burn, rather that the dose may depend on how long it takes for you to get a tan, which is natures sunblock. In your case I think the best way is to go low and slow and by the time you build up a tan without burning you should be Vit D sufficient. As to why you cant handle Vit D supps the reasons are many and hard to pinpoint but Vit D supps and Vit D from food also make your skin more resistant to burning. Getting red light in the AM willl prime the skin to prevent major burning as opposed to only going out at solar maximum.

Mossy

Thats not the line of thought that i would follow. I didnt say you dont need vitamin D if you burn, rather that the dose may depend on how long it takes for you to get a tan, which is natures sunblock. In your case I think the best way is to go low and slow and by the time you build up a tan without burning you should be Vit D sufficient. As to why you cant handle Vit D supps the reasons are many and hard to pinpoint but Vit D supps and Vit D from food also make your skin more resistant to burning. Getting red light in the AM willl prime the skin to prevent major burning as opposed to only going out at solar maximum.
Interesting about AM red light. Thanks for the additional detail.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom