High Dose Vitamin D3 Daily (100,00iu)

topdog82

As per recommendation of another user on this forum (I forget who), I started take 1k iu's of vitamin d3 along with some vitamin k2 mk-7 from natto. I take one softgel in the morning and thats the only supplement that I feel that I need for now

This book popped up in my "similar purchases" list on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/MIRACULOUS-R...005FCKN2S/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I bought it out of curiosity and gave it a read. To me this sounds medically dangerous. the author details taking 100iu's of vitamin d3 along with high dose vitamin k2. He believes that this produces a unique healing response in the body

I feel that this is complete bull**** and don't plan on trying it. thoughts?

kayumochi

Taking very high doses of D3 has been beneficial to me over the last decade: my history of respiratory infections became just that, history.

kayumochi

Michael F. Holick, M.D., Ph.D., who has dedicated his entire career to the study of D3, I think only found once case of *overdose* in his decades-long research and that man was consuming up to almost 3,000,000 iu a day of D3. The Stoss Treatment only recommends 200,000 iu a day for 3 days and I have found that protocol helpful for colds/ flu as the D3 seems to act as an antibiotic and I don't get the respiratory infections like I used to.

Michael F. Holick, M.D., Ph.D., who has dedicated his entire career to the study of D3, I think only found once case of *overdose* in his decades-long research and that man was consuming up to almost 3,000,000 iu a day of D3. The Stoss Treatment only recommends 200,000 iu a day for 3 days and I have found that protocol helpful for colds/ flu as the D3 seems to act as an antibiotic and I don't get the respiratory infections like I used to.

3 million IU a day... WTF.. yeah so what is it doing or what is it based on? what is the science behind it? this sounds really general, ie, you should take 100k because it cured my cold... OK... so what is the mechanism here?

kayumochi

3 million IU a day... WTF.. yeah so what is it doing or what is it based on? what is the science behind it? this sounds really general, ie, you should take 100k because it cured my cold... OK... so what is the mechanism here?

Not sure what you are asking ... about the 3,000,000 iu of D3? That was a man who didn't know how much he was dosing. There was no science behind it - it was a mistake in dosing.

The original version did not emphasize or even mention K2, but I was intrigued by that book. I have taken 50,000 units a day for quite some time, on and off, with K2 MK4 and no ill effects whatsoever.

Lucenzo01

I have read that book and it's one of the most completely sources about vitamin D. But Vitamin A it's more important than K2 to balance huge doses of D3. K2 don't prevent the hipercalcemia, but A does. Vitamin D in those doses is safe if you take the rest of the fat-solubles proportionally. And you must use mk4, not mk7. Riboflavin and taurine should be added too.

OP
T

topdog82

why mk4? I have been doing mk7 and d3 capsules. To me, taking mk-7 is more "natural". japanese eat natto daily for breakfast sometimes. the amount of mk4 found in cheese., milk, butter and eggs is much smaller in dosage. I am not arguing here. I am just interested in your train of thought?

Lucenzo01

why mk4? I have been doing mk7 and d3 capsules. To me, taking mk-7 is more "natural". japanese eat natto daily for breakfast sometimes. the amount of mk4 found in cheese., milk, butter and eggs is much smaller in dosage. I am not arguing here. I am just interested in your train of thought?

Not to be rude but this has been discussed in the forum multiple times. Google mk4 or mk7 and you will find tons of info.

Prosper

Supplementing with multiple RDA doses of isolated vitamins is pretty far from anything natural, if you're concerned about that. As for the chemical composition of mk-4 and mk-7, they are still the same vitamins whether they are produced in your gut, lab or the organism you're eating.

kayumochi

I use a lot of Kuinone (MK4) and eat natto occasionally as well. The MK4 has done wonders for my dental health and stops the bruising from aspirin use in its tracks.

kayumochi

I use a lot of Kuinone (MK4) and eat natto occasionally as well. The MK4 has done wonders for my dental health and stops the bruising from aspirin use in its tracks.

Japanese dental health is pretty bad ... I lived there for 15 years and have a Japanese wife who is getting implants next week while my teeth are like a horse's. Natto does the Japanese no good with dental health. None.

never found MK7 did anything...I can tell MK4 works because it lets me take aspirin without bleeding.

Makrosky

Whats's the point of having such high doses of D3 for weeks or months? Really....

That can't be healthy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom