High dht and dopamine but low gaba?

Brandin

Hi I have succesfully increased my dht and lowered my estrogen alot. My stress is also ridicously low but for some reason I cant seem to increase gabaergic effects and feel huge difference when trying for example phenibut once.

I think maybe my gaba receptors are very poor from inflammation and adrenaline majority of my life.

I pretty much have everything that is pro gaba high in the body and everything that is antigaba low yet my gaba stays low.

I am currently taking 9-me-bc for dopamine function, is there a simillar nootropic out there for gaba?

youngsinatra

I think zinc:copper balance is really central for proper GABA levels.

Zinc decreases glutamate, increase GABA.
It also decreases serotonin. Copper tends to do the opposite.

youngsinatra

B6 as active P5P and magnesium also modulate GABA.
I think that‘s probably the reason they sell ZMA products on the market as a sleep aid - it contains the trio of zinc, magnesium and B6 which all promote GABA and thus relaxation.

Not saying that supplementation is needed. Dietary sources like ruminant muscle meat contain lots of zinc and bioactive B6.

Gustav3Y

I think that‘s probably the reason they sell ZMA products on the market as a sleep aid - it contains the trio of zinc, magnesium and B6 which all promote GABA and thus relaxation.
Would you disregard the Aspartate (Aspartic acid) part of this formula as unimportant to the formula's efficacy?

youngsinatra

Would you disregard the Aspartate (Aspartic acid) part of this formula as unimportant to the formula's efficacy?
I think many ZMA products contain zinc aspartate, but some also don’t.

I haven’t studied aspartate much at all, but I think I have seen it mentioned in some papers about GABA.

Gustav3Y

I think many ZMA products contain zinc aspartate, but some also don’t.
Then there are many ZMA-ish product, from cheap to expensive.
The idea was that magnesium was also aspartate, not only the zinc.

Many ZMA formulas still maintain the original ZMA formula which was
zinc monomethionine aspartate, magenizum aspartate and pyridoxine hcl.

Actually many places sell the so called D-Aspartic Acid to raise T levels.

Last edited:

Gustav3Y

Persistent elevation of D-Aspartate enhances NMDA receptor-mediated responses in mouse substantia nigra pars compacta dopamine neurons

opethfeldt

Try out l-theanine. I find it has much more potent GABA effects than phenibut. Phenibut always felt more dopaminergic to me, though I always took pretty large doses. If you feel nothing from theanine, then you might have a problem.

OP
Brandin

Brandin

I think zinc:copper balance is really central for proper GABA levels.

Zinc decreases glutamate, increase GABA.
It also decreases serotonin. Copper tends to do the opposite.

I do have slightly more copper in my diet than zinc. Thanks for the info

OP
Brandin

Brandin

Try out l-theanine. I find it has much more potent GABA effects than phenibut. Phenibut always felt more dopaminergic to me, though I always took pretty large doses. If you feel nothing from theanine, then you might have a problem.
I did always sleep better when I was little and took theanine. Just dont remember how theanine felt like haha

OP
Brandin

Brandin

Persistent elevation of D-Aspartate enhances NMDA receptor-mediated responses in mouse substantia nigra pars compacta dopamine neurons
Oh ***t very interesting, ty

youngsinatra

I do have slightly more copper in my diet than zinc. Thanks for the info
Oh really? Do you know your daily copper and zinc intake in terms of milligrams? Checking it via cronometer might be really useful.

I think that the copper:zinc ratio should be at least 1:8.

OP
Brandin

Brandin

Oh really? Do you know your daily copper and zinc intake in terms of milligrams? Checking it via cronometer might be really useful.

I think that the copper:zinc ratio should be at least 1:8.
Aah my ration in mg i dont know. Just know that i get about 250% of zinc and 350% of copper

Judd Crane

Allopregnanolone is probably the most potent endogenous GABAergic. Increase it with pregnenolone, progesterone or allopregnanolone itself.