High Copper

OP
J

Jing

Sounds like I do have high copper, don't know how to lower it sounds way to hard.

OP
J

Jing

It's not hard. Zinc is a copper antagonist.
Using zinc to lower copper isn't a good way From what I have read because taking zinc will results in more problems in the long term .. and considering how ray peat says zinc supplements are toxic .. to lower copper I would need to take high Zinc which won't be good for the body.

Zigzag

Using zinc to lower copper isn't a good way From what I have read because taking zinc will results in more problems in the long term .. and considering how ray peat says zinc supplements are toxic .. to lower copper I would need to take high Zinc which won't be good for the body.

I've been taking ZMA compound which is: 125mg of magnesium citrate, 5mg of Zinc and 0,66mg of Vit b6 IN ONE PILL. My dose is 4 pills daily (500mg magnesium/20mg zinc). Do you think I should drop it and just take magnesium only? I dont eat sea food at all.

LCohen

Not all supplements are toxic. Picolinate, Gluconate, Glycinate are good chelates. You can use Zinc & Copper complex to balance it. 25:1 should do good.

It's up to you. I'm just saying.

OP
J

Jing

I've been taking ZMA compound which is: 125mg of magnesium citrate, 5mg of Zinc and 0,66mg of Vit b6 IN ONE PILL. My dose is 4 pills daily (500mg magnesium/20mg zinc). Do you think I should drop it and just take magnesium only? I dont eat sea food at all.
Im not the one to ask I don't know that much about these things but I would you if it benefits you carry on.

OP
J

Jing

Not all supplements are toxic. Picolinate, Gluconate, Glycinate are good chelates. You can use Zinc & Copper complex to balance it. 25:1 should do good.

It's up to you. I'm just saying.
I have zinc picolinate if it's not toxic I may try high dosages to see if I feel anything .. how much would you recommend?

LCohen

I have zinc picolinate if it's not toxic I may try high dosages to see if I feel anything .. how much would you recommend?

Picolinate has great bioavailability. It's safe up to 100mg. But taking 25-50 mg a day will balance excessive copper. After some time you can add copper up to 1-2mg for balancing both.

Motif

I hate that topic. I'm copper deficient in blood , still I keep reading that I still could have copper toxicity

OP
J

Jing

Picolinate has great bioavailability. It's safe up to 100mg. But taking 25-50 mg a day will balance excessive copper. After some time you can add copper up to 1-2mg for balancing both.
Ok thanks

Ihor

I have the same thing, my ceruloplasmin and serum copper are lows, but when i take copper from food and especially from supplement, then i get cold hands, adrenaline, low blood sugar, heart tachycardia.
Probably it because my liver and adrenal can't make ceruloplasmin for binding this copper and it become free in serum. Also i notice when i add zink, magnesium, manganese in this moment then these troubles are gone.

Daniil