high cholesterol

mamaherrera

I have high cholesterol, like 373, and want to know if Peat-ing is going to make it go higher, because it's not a good high, not it's a bad high. Although they said it could be high because I had a baby three months ago, and from all that estrogen , it still hasn't come down. Usually it's 200-220. Don't want to think with all the fruit juice and Peat stuff, I will make it rise higher, or I'll have a heart attack.!

J

j.

Increasing your serum T3 helps conversion of cholesterol to other hormones. Taking T3 supplements or consuming a high protein diet helps to increase serum T3.

Also, progesterone reduces cholesterol.

OP
M

mamaherrera

I know, but I"m breastfeeding right now, so I'm hesitant to do progesterone. I will try the high protein for now, but I should also keep fat low, no like under 25% of my diet?

Mittir

If your doctor is telling you that you have high cholesterol from high estrogen then
they should prescribe you something to lower your estrogen or at least
give you some progesterone to achieve a good balance of estrogen to progesterone.
High estrogen is the most common cause of hypothyroidism in female.
Estrogen blocks both release of thyroid hormone from gland and conversion
of T4 to T3 in liver. Frcutose in sugar in can increase your cholesterol.
I think fixing high estrogen should be doctor's main focus.
If you are nursing, baby is getting high estrogen too.

J

j.

Have you tried eating a raw carrot on an empty stomach, between meals? It can reduce estrogen significantly by absorbing it from the intestine.

OP
M

mamaherrera

So you're saying that until I get the estrogen issue fixed, I should not eat sugar?? WHat she said was that due to the high estrogen in pregnancy, it causes all pregnant women to have high cholesterol and that she recommends at least 6 months after pregnancy before testing cholesterol, and my naturopath checked it at 5 weeks post partum, so she told me (my gyno) that it was not of concern, that it was normal to be high that soon after pregnancy. I have been doing the carrot most days. And like I said, I have progest-e but not sure if it can be taken during pregnancy.

J

j.

Sugar increases production of cholesterol, but production of cholesterol isn't the problem in high cholesterol, the problem is lack of conversion of cholesterol to other hormones.

If your doctors told you to not worry, maybe don't worry. You can do what you're doing and alter nutrition to reduce estrogen, like eating a raw carrot daily, consuming orange juice or guava, both of which reduce estrogen, and avoiding soy products.

OP
M

mamaherrera

I hear ya, so it's the conversion thing that isn't happening when you have high numbers, huh?? I will keep doing what I"m doing and check it in three months (Hope I don't have a heart attack in three months) Any other main points/supplements that help with that conversion process??? Like I said, I don't want to do thyroid. I"m not that brave to play with stuff like that.

J

j.

Red light therapy, which you can do with incandescent lights, tends to increase production of hormones, and to do that it uses cholesterol.

J

j.

I think the daily raw carrot and an orange juice that doesn't cause issues can be very powerful in reducing estrogen.

J

j.

Exposure to daylight increases progesterone production. Go out in the sun, if you have access to it, for a few minutes many times a day.

OP
M

mamaherrera

I need to get me a red light. How do you use that, do you just have it close to you, and for how long, certain time of day to do it???? also, I have more oil production in my hair I can feel it's more sebum-y, itchy. Do I need more vitamin A?? I was taking a vitamin A supplement from a functional doc but ran out. I do eat liver once a week. I know red lights require you to get more vitamin A, so I don't know how to get more through my diet, except for supplements. But I am interested in red light therapy, but how close do you put it to you and does it matter if it's on your back, head, etc???? ANd for how long? You can get those lights at Home Depot, no?

J

j.

You just have to make your lightbulb source an incandescent light. There are some lights that are slightly better than others, but I just use a typical incandescent light. Increase the amount of watts gradually, to a level you feel comfortable.

The more skin exposed, the better.

I get dandruff when I do incandescent lights, so I consume nutrisorb A which I put in empty gel caps and that gets rid of the skin issues. I also need to eat a lot of sugar, I think red light uses sugar too.

OP
M

mamaherrera

and like I said, how close do you have to be to it and for how long a day?? Does home depot sell red incandescent lights, or how do you do it?? Sorry to bug, but it's easier for me to get a straight answer from you than to look and look at posts that don't answer my question directly. Thanks

J

j.

You just have to use it like a regular light and the amount of time and intensity that feels comfortable. If you're comfortable with an amount of time or intensity, increase it a little more, until you find the maximum you can do comfortably.

Mittir

RP also recommends mixed tocopherol vitamin E as estrogen antagonist.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/vitamin-e.shtml
Ideally liver should detoxify all the estrogen passes through it.
Supplying liver with good nutrient is very important, 80 grams protein,
B vitamins ( liver is a rich source), selenium, Niacinamide ( to protect liver
from PUFA damage), coffee etc.

J

j.

Mittir said:
RP also recommends mixed tocopherol vitamin E as estrogen antagonist.

Two good sources that are available at the moment apparently are lotion crafter 95% and Thorne-E, which I by the way haven't got a change to use yet.

I didn't mention vitamin E, because I don't know if you have to supplement K2 as well when you supplement high doses of E. Some studies suggest that vitamin E depletes vitamin K.

OP
M

mamaherrera

gosh it would be good to know that since I am always deficient in K2 based on cronometer, I take like 4 drops of my Thorne K2 a couple times a week.

J

j.

mamaherrera said:
I am always deficient in K2 based on cronometer, I take like 4 drops of my Thorne K2 a couple times a week.

I didn't know you took K2, then you're covered there. I take about 4 drops daily.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals