High Cholesterol - High Triglycerides - High Liver Got/gpt - High Ldh - High Leukocytes

Mr Rossi

Hello everybody,

I need your help. I have bad liver values, very high cholesterol and some other blood issues.
Does somebody has any idea what happens with me?!?! Many thanks.

I've made a blood test before I started with High Doese Thiamine.
Studies: High-dose Thiamine Improves Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Symptoms + Own Experiment!!! | Ray Peat Forum
The blood test is about 2 weeks ago. Today I got the results and I'm scared.:mad:

Total Cholesterol: 323 mg/dl (0-240)
Triglicerides: 451 md/dl (0-200)
HDL: 31 mg/dl (40-120)
LDL: 225 mg/dl (0-160)

My cholesterol is very high since over ten years.

GOT: 101 U/l (0-50)
GPT: 209 U/l (0-50)
Gamma GT: 47 (0-60)

I had another blood test 2 weeks before the current test.
The GOT was 45 and GPT 73.
Triglyceride was 167.

LDH 254 U/l (135-250)

Leucocytes: 10.2 /nl (4-9.4)

All hormones are in the standard range!!!

Prolaktin 6.4 ug/l (2.1-18)

I took Vitamin K (Super K LEF), Aspirin, Vitamin A and some other supplements before the blood test.

Last edited:
OP
Mr Rossi

Mr Rossi

Is the high cholesterol maybe the cause of my erectile dysfunction?

Sheila

Dear Mr Rossi
Having experimented with thiamine up to 900mg per day myself, may I suggest that it might not be your friend at this time if these are your results.
I have read countless reports of how high dose thiamine has been helpful but I don't think it's as simple as has been expressed. Mr Foster suggested to me that with B1 issues, more calories were critical for me at least.
As was noted, B1 is synergistic with mag and B2 and B6 which are quickly used up and there leads, I think, the way to the stress response which may account for your labs.
Whilst single b vitamins may, or may not be, advisable, you might like to look at biotin and triglyceride excess posts here to bring that aspect down again.
Regarding the high cholesterol readings of long standing, there would appear to be a general conversion problem here, which points to thyroid function/conversion (again in the liver) and perhaps B1 pushed all of this into overdrive accidentally.
Best wishes
Sheila

OP
Mr Rossi

Mr Rossi

Hi Sheila,

thanks a lot for your response.

The blood values are made before the B1 experiment and B1 have nothing to do with my high values!
I have high cholesterol since over 10 years.

But my bad liver values are a result of taking Aspirin, Vitamin A and Vitamin K (SuperK LEF).
I do not know which of them is responsible for that.

Tomorrow I go to my doctor and we will see if there are improvements by B1, Mg and Milk Thistle.

Greetings
Rossi

tara

All hormones are in the standard range!!!
Standard ranges can include hypothyroid states. If you want to post values for the other hormones too, you may get different interpretations here than from your dr.

OP
Mr Rossi

Mr Rossi

A few days ago I had a conversation with HAIDUT about my blood levels. Here are his thoughts/answers:

haidut said:
Vitamin A can raise liver enzymes bu usually does that in very high doses of 100,000 IU daily taken for weeks. Vitamin K is supposed to lower liver enzymes and several people on the forum (including me) have had great success with using vitamin K to lower liver enzymes. If the vitamin K product from LEF contains menadione (vitamin K3) then it is possible to raise liver enzymes since K3 is toxic to humans. Maybe you can ask LEF what exactly their product contains?
If you send me the labs I will look at them but you should also ask LEF just to make sure they are not selling poison.

haidut said:
I think it is worth doing the LDH isoenzymes since it will show where the LDH elevation is coming from. Given the high liver enzymes, the liver issues can certainly cause elevated LDH but the good news is that LDH is not that high. If it was related to heart or lung issues it would have probably been higher. However, I think you should follow up with a doctor who can order the separate LDH isoenzymes and can also request ultrasound of the liver/abdomen to see what is going on. Given the high leukocytes, it could be liver inflammation or hepatitis, but only the doctor can properly diagnose that. I would stop the LEF vitamin K and try some other product like Carlson or Thorne. Things like methylene blue and riboflavin (vitamin B2) can lower LDH but it is important to figure out why LDH was elevated to start with.
The high cholesterol is understandable given the liver issues, and it could also be due to hypothyroidism. Things like glycine, taurine, and theanine have been studies for lowering cholesterol and improving liver function. If you search the forum you will find a lot of articles on that.
I hope that helps.

A big thank you to Haidut!!!:thumbsup:

OP
Mr Rossi

Mr Rossi

Standard ranges can include hypothyroid states. If you want to post values for the other hormones too, you may get different interpretations here than from your dr.
  • Testosterone.............................4.6 ug/l (2.8 - 8)
  • SHBG........................................45 nmol/l (16-65)
  • Quoitent Testo/SHBG (FAI)....35 (reference range)
  • Estradial, 17-beta-/E2..............15 ng/l (7.6-43)
  • Progesterone............................0.36 ug/l (0.23-1.4)
  • DHEA-Sulfate..........................2.6 mg/l (reference range)

Last edited:

tara

No thyroid labs?

dookie

Those are some nice looking cholesterol numbers. Don't worry about the high cholesterol, I have found that something like eating some ice cream or milk the night before the test can elevate it to levels even higher than yours. What is particularly good is your high LDL and low HDL, as high HDL level is associated with higher risk for diseases. Your mildly elevated leucocytes are probably unremarkable. Your LDH and liver numbers, slightly elevated, are probably from one or several of the supplements you are taking. Try stopping all supplements, and use only coffee, for a few days or weeks, then retest, they should be going down.

More important than all labs, numbers, diagnoses, doctors, etc.: How do you feel? What are your health issues? what are you trying to achieve with those supplements? Coffee seems to help some people with erectile dysfunction, which by the way could also be a side-effect of one of the supplements you are using or have used in the past.

OP
Mr Rossi

Mr Rossi

Those are some nice looking cholesterol numbers. Don't worry about the high cholesterol, I have found that something like eating some ice cream or milk the night before the test can elevate it to levels even higher than yours. What is particularly good is your high LDL and low HDL, as high HDL level is associated with higher risk for diseases. Your mildly elevated leucocytes are probably unremarkable. Your LDH and liver numbers, slightly elevated, are probably from one or several of the supplements you are taking. Try stopping all supplements, and use only coffee, for a few days or weeks, then retest, they should be going down.

hi dookie,
thanks a lot for your help and explanations.
I no longer take the things that may worsen my blood labs (Vit K, Vit A, Aspirin,...) and I retest my cholesterol in 3 weeks.
But I can't stopp all my supplements. I need Magnesium Gylcinate and Milk Thistle for my sleep. They improved my sleep and bowel movements a lot. I began Mg Glycinate and Milk Thistel after my last blood lab.

I start with a second Vitamin B1 experiment soon. But only low dose.

How do you feel?
I'm nearly always very
  • tired
  • fatigued
  • exhausted
  • bloated
  • depressed
  • react badly to chemicals and scents
  • my face looks very sick

What are your health issues?

• chronic fatigue syndrome
  • chronic pain syndrome
  • multiple chemical sensitivity
  • irritable bowel syndrome
  • erectile dysfunction
  • neuralgia in the face and tooth ache
  • nail fungus
  • hypersensitiv
  • brainfog
  • headaches
  • CYP2D6 reduced
  • GST-M1 deletion

what are you trying to achieve with those supplements?

• fatigue
  • pain
  • IBS
  • erectile dysfunction

tara

dookie

A bit on the high side of what Peat usually considers good, but not extreme, IIUC.

I felt horrible when I pushed my TSH under 1 with thyroid supplements. I feel best when my TSH is around 2 (without any thyroid meds). I have seen people lower their TSH from around 5 just with diet and coffee, etc.

dookie

what do you recommend to eat?

Eat foods that you find enjoyable and digest easy. Try to simplify ingredients and see which foods work and which cause issues.

Some people do best with fruits and sugars as main carb sources, other on more cooked starches with a little fat, etc. If your bowels are very sensitive, milk, fruits and raw vegetables may cause issues, so slowly test each fruit by itself, etc. In general, the gentle foods are those with little water content and little fiber, like meats, cheese, cooked starches, eggs.

It's hard to give a protocol when it comes to diet, it's very individual. I know some people who do great with raw carrots, milk, and avoidance of gluten, yet I personally feel best when I eat bread, but avoid raw carrots.

The main thing I think is just avoiding the overly processed industrial foods, and keeping the bad oils relatively low

OP
Mr Rossi

Mr Rossi

Eat foods that you find enjoyable and digest easy. Try to simplify ingredients and see which foods work and which cause issues.

Thanks dookie.
Diet is my biggest problem! It is so hard to find the right food for me.
I had times where I could only eat rice, potatoes and carrots a few years ago.
I have no problem to eat the right things if I know it helps me.

I had no digestion problems with milk but I get other symptoms from to much fluid.
Like hypoclycemia, brainfog and a very haggard face.
The more fluid I drink the worse I feel.

Raw carrot gives me digestive problems.
I have fructose intolerance and react to most fruits.

What do you eat with the bread?

Do you have any advices to find the right foods?

dookie

Thanks dookie.
Diet is my biggest problem! It is so hard to find the right food for me.
I had times where I could only eat rice, potatoes and carrots a few years ago.
I have no problem to eat the right things if I know it helps me.

I had no digestion problems with milk but I get other symptoms from to much fluid.
Like hypoclycemia, brainfog and a very haggard face.
The more fluid I drink the worse I feel.

Raw carrot gives me digestive problems.
I have fructose intolerance and react to most fruits.

What do you eat with the bread?

Do you have any advices to find the right foods?

I usually just eat it with a fruit jam, cheese, maybe a little butter. Trial and error.

Velve921

What is considered a high LDH level? From a disease or health standpoint?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals