High Cholesterol and High Thyroid on Bloodwork- Confused

Advocate2021

Hello- just had blood work done and both thyroid and cholesterol are high which surprises me as my understanding has always been that low thyroid causes high cholesterol and for many years I have had regular cholesterol values with proper thyroid supplementation when prior to thyroid supplementation cholesterol had come back elevated on bloodwork. Now, all of the sudden cholesterol numbers are high and thyroid numbers are high ( higher thyroid on bloodwork is normal for me and has never bothered me as the amount I take keeps my pulse where it should be and cycles regular and other symtoms stable on this dose which is 1 and a half cynoplus tablets per day-- 3.3 grains).

wondering why the cholesterol numbers are now high ( or if this is really an issue anyway). I also eat liver once per week and eat foods with B12 so would think Vitamin A and B12 are not deficient and those are the only other factors I can think of that would not allow cholesterol to be converted to hormones other than low thyroid. Input on this is greatly appreciated. The blood work numbers are below:

Cholesterol Total: 222 H (range is < 200)
HDL Cholesterol: 47 L (range is >=50)
LDL Cholesterol 148 H (range is < 100)

TSH .01 L (range .4 - 4.5)
T4 free 1.8
T3 Free 6.7 H (range 2.3 -4.2)

scoobydoo

Do you eat foods high in saturate fat? it'd be helpful to see what you eat. Despite what many say on here, saturated fat undoubtedly raises LDL

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Thank you. Ive been following Dr. Peat for over 20 years and yes I eat saturated fat--eggs, cheese, coconut oil, butter, chocolate. Been eating this way for a long time and supplementing thyroid for 13 years and cholesterol levels have been stable all this time until now so dont think it is the diet. could be a fluke on the test and will get retested but since strangely I have some hypothyroid symptoms like carotenia despite such high thyroid blood tests, i think there may be something going on with conversion of cholesterol to hormones so wanted input. Dr Peat thinks the HDL/LDL philosophy is hype.

mostlylurking

Thank you. Ive been following Dr. Peat for over 20 years and yes I eat saturated fat--eggs, cheese, coconut oil, butter, chocolate. Been eating this way for a long time and supplementing thyroid for 13 years and cholesterol levels have been stable all this time until now so dont think it is the diet. could be a fluke on the test and will get retested but since strangely I have some hypothyroid symptoms like carotenia despite such high thyroid blood tests, i think there may be something going on with conversion of cholesterol to hormones so wanted input. Dr Peat thinks the HDL/LDL philosophy is hype.
You left out your age which affects thoughts about desirable cholesterol levels. If you're over 50, slightly elevated cholesterol can be protective.

I have followed Dr. Peat for 6 years and have experienced great improvements. However this past fall I experienced some pretty serious hypothyroid symptoms (lactic acid, low body temperatures, high inflammation). I got a thyroid panel and it showed my T3 was through the roof, but I had no symptoms of hyperthyroidism. I interpreted this to mean T3 was being blocked from being used. If something else is blocking healthy metabolism, it can keep T3 from being able to work. If T3 function is hampered, your cholesterol could rise, along with other hypothyroid symptoms.

I found rereading this article to be helpful: Lactate vs. CO2 in wounds, sickness, and aging; the other approach to cancer Ray lists things that are helpful:

"The features of the stress metabolism include increases of stress hormones, lactate, ammonia, free fatty acids, and fat synthesis, and a decrease in carbon dioxide. Factors that lower the stress hormones, increase carbon dioxide, and help to lower the circulating free fatty acids, lactate, and ammonia, include vitamin B1 (to increase CO2 and reduce lactate), niacinamide (to reduce free fatty acids), sugar (to reduce cortisol, adrenaline, and free fatty acids), salt (to lower adrenaline), thyroid hormone (to increase CO2). Vitamins D, K, B6 and biotin are also closely involved with carbon dioxide metabolism. Biotin deficiency can cause aerobic glycolysis with increased fat synthesis (Marshall, et al., 1976)."

I had a recurring UTI last summer. One of the antibiotics was Bactrim. I searched "Bactrim and thiamine" and bingo: Bactrim: An Anti-Folate, Anti-Thiamine, Potassium Altering Drug - Hormones Matter. I had been supplementing with about 90mg thiamine but it wasn't enough to fix my problem. I tried 300 mg of thiamine and within 45 minutes my pain and low temperature resolved. I've researched more and decided to megadose thiamine for a few months. I'm better. The point I'm trying to make is that a lot of antibiotics and other pharmaceuticals block thiamine, not just Bactrim. If your thiamine is deficient or blocked, your mitochondrial function isn't working right, which could cause cholesterol to rise? My Peaty diet is deficient in thiamine; I need to supplement it.

In addition, I found on pubmed quite a bit of information on what blocks levothyroxine. Obviously, doctors want to know why it's not working. I found this: Concurrent Milk Ingestion Decreases Absorption of Levothyroxine - PubMed

I don't take levothyroxine, I take natural desiccated thyroid. But I drink a lot of milk. I tested myself. Sure enough, if I drink milk within an hour of taking my thyroid med I feel slammed. I didn't used to be this way. But I am now. I can deal with this but it requires some minor changes to my routine.

Last edited:

NodeCerebri

are you under stress maybe? Did they measure your white blood cells?

NodeCerebri

You left out your age which affects thoughts about desirable cholesterol levels. If you're over 50, slightly elevated cholesterol can be protective.

I have followed Dr. Peat for 6 years and have experienced great improvements. However this past fall I experienced some pretty serious hypothyroid symptoms (lactic acid, low body temperatures, high inflammation). I got a thyroid panel and it showed my T3 was through the roof, but I had no symptoms of hyperthyroidism. I interpreted this to mean T3 was being blocked from being used. If something else is blocking healthy metabolism, it can keep T3 from being able to work. If T3 function is hampered, your cholesterol could rise, along with other hypothyroid symptoms.

I found rereading this article to be helpful: Lactate vs. CO2 in wounds, sickness, and aging; the other approach to cancer Ray lists things that are helpful:

"The features of the stress metabolism include increases of stress hormones, lactate, ammonia, free fatty acids, and fat synthesis, and a decrease in carbon dioxide. Factors that lower the stress hormones, increase carbon dioxide, and help to lower the circulating free fatty acids, lactate, and ammonia, include vitamin B1 (to increase CO2 and reduce lactate), niacinamide (to reduce free fatty acids), sugar (to reduce cortisol, adrenaline, and free fatty acids), salt (to lower adrenaline), thyroid hormone (to increase CO2). Vitamins D, K, B6 and biotin are also closely involved with carbon dioxide metabolism. Biotin deficiency can cause aerobic glycolysis with increased fat synthesis (Marshall, et al., 1976)."

I had a recurring UTI last summer. One of the antibiotics was Bactrim. I searched "Bactrim and thiamine" and bingo: Bactrim: An Anti-Folate, Anti-Thiamine, Potassium Altering Drug - Hormones Matter. I had been supplementing with about 90mg thiamine but it wasn't enough to fix my problem. I tried 300 mg of thiamine and within 45 minutes my pain and low temperature resolved. I've researched more and decided to megadose thiamine for a few months. I'm better. The point I'm trying to make is that a lot of antibiotics and other pharmaceuticals block thiamine, not just Bactrim. If your thiamine is deficient or blocked, your mitochondrial function isn't working right, which could cause cholesterol to rise? My Peaty diet is deficient in thiamine; I need to supplement it.

In addition, I found on pubmed quite a bit of information on what blocks levothyroxine. Obviously, doctors want to know why it's not working. I found this: Concurrent Milk Ingestion Decreases Absorption of Levothyroxine - PubMed

I don't take levothyroxine, I take natural desiccated thyroid. But I drink a lot of milk. I tested myself. Sure enough, if I drink milk within an hour of taking my thyroid med I feel slammed. I didn't used to be this way. But I am now. I can deal with this but it requires some minor changes to my routine.
Read about an interaction of NDT with calcium if not taken at least 2 hours apart. Was somewhere in the forum and I can’t find it now, so sorry bear with me ?.

mostlylurking

Read about an interaction of NDT with calcium if not taken at least 2 hours apart. Was somewhere in the forum and I can’t find it now, so sorry bear with me ?.

Here's some tips I found for how to take NP thyroid made by Acella (this is the one I take). Treatment & How to Use - NP Thyroid
  • Take NP Thyroid® once a day, at the same time with an 8oz glass of water.3,4,5
  • Take NP Thyroid® on an empty stomach, at least 30 to 60 minutes before consuming any food or caffeine. This means no eating or drinking anything other than water! Fasting increases absorption.6
    • If you’ve already eaten, NP Thyroid® can be taken two hours after consumption with an 8oz glass of water, again waiting 30-60 minutes before consuming food or caffeine.
  • Take NP Thyroid® 4 hours before or after taking iron, calcium supplements, antacids, cholestyramine.
  • Soy, cottonseed meal, walnuts, fiber and grapefruit juice can affect the absorption of NP Thyroid®. If you eat any of these on a regular basis, tell your doctor, as your dose may need to be adjusted.7
Right, I'm really going to wait 4 hours to have some milk (calcium) and my supplements after my thyroid med. Not. Going. To. Happen. I've decided waiting 1 hour between the thyroid med and my food is going to be good enough. My blood sugar won't allow that 4 hour fast.

NodeCerebri

Right, I'm really going to wait 4 hours to have some milk (calcium) and my supplements after my thyroid med. Not. Going. To. Happen. I've decided waiting 1 hour between the thyroid med and my food is going to be good enough. My blood sugar won't allow that 4 hour fast.
My thoughts exactly. I have to eat many small portions throughout the day also. Taking NDT is a bit of a burden because of this. Hopefully a better solution can be worked out some day.

mostlylurking

Another thought:
Are you eating a lot of carrot salad? Is this where the carotene is coming from? If yes, you might consider soaking the shredded carrot is cool water for five minutes and straining it to get rid of some of the carotene. Carotene will block vitamin A? Thyroid function? I think? I remember when I started this diet my carotene was really high and the carrots made me sick until I started rinsing them really well. Ray Peat is pretty down on carotene (oily PUFA).

I found this: "Free-radicals (for example, from iron in the corpus luteum) interfere with progesterone synthesis, as do prolactin, ACTH, estrogen, cortisol, carotene, and an imbalance of gonadotropins." here: Menopause and its causes Ray's talking about progesterone synthesis getting blocked by things, including carotene. Progesterone is made from pregnenolone which is made from cholesterol if things are working right, which lowers cholesterol because it's getting used up for hormones.
My thoughts exactly. I have to eat many small portions throughout the day also. Taking NDT is a bit of a burden because of this. Hopefully a better solution can be worked out some day.
If this is a common issue, how in the world could anyone "nibble" on thyroid throughout the day? Or is it just T4 that gets blocked and T3 isn't affected? Based on my personal reaction, the T3 is getting blocked. So does this just happen to a few people maybe with gut issues? I swear I didn't have this problem before the antibiotics last summer.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Thank you for such an informative response. I am 50. I really try to get nutrients from food with minimal supplementation but do wonder about not getting enough of some things., Liver contains decent thiamine but just eating it once per week may not be enough. Orange juice, eggs, milk and mushrooms contain it too. would be very interesting to try it as a supplement. I take my pulse often and its always right on target for thyroid function but had not been taking temps regul;arly and when I did recently, temp is lower than it should be despite ample thyroid supplementation and obviously bloodwork that seemingly reflects this. So makes sense that another factor could be interfering with thyroid function.

Did you get thyroid bloodwork again post- high thiamine supplementation while maintiaining same thyroid dose pre high thiamine supplementation? If so, did the T3 then come down to a "normal range" on the blood work?

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Another thought:
Are you eating a lot of carrot salad? Is this where the carotene is coming from? If yes, you might consider soaking the shredded carrot is cool water for five minutes and straining it to get rid of some of the carotene. Carotene will block vitamin A? Thyroid function? I think? I remember when I started this diet my carotene was really high and the carrots made me sick until I started rinsing them really well. Ray Peat is pretty down on carotene (oily PUFA).

I found this: "Free-radicals (for example, from iron in the corpus luteum) interfere with progesterone synthesis, as do prolactin, ACTH, estrogen, cortisol, carotene, and an imbalance of gonadotropins." here: Menopause and its causes Ray's talking about progesterone synthesis getting blocked by things, including carotene. Progesterone is made from pregnenolone which is made from cholesterol if things are working right, which lowers cholesterol because it's getting used up for hormones.

If this is a common issue, how in the world could anyone "nibble" on thyroid throughout the day? Or is it just T4 that gets blocked and T3 isn't affected? Based on my personal reaction, the T3 is getting blocked. So does this just happen to a few people maybe with gut issues? I swear I didn't have this problem before the antibiotics last summer.
Probably did get some build up of carotene from orange carrots for a while there which I know is not good. Since bamboo shoots hard to find, I have been using white, purple with yellow centers and pale yellow carrots as looked those up and they contain no or little carotene respectively-- had never thought of this option before but seems like a good solution? I have been taking cynoplus for many many years, per Dr. Peat's recommendation, and divide the pills in quarters and chew them (also per Dr. Peat's recommendation) --so taking smaller amounts six times per day. He has actually advised me that it is better to take thyroid with food and small amounts frequently since the body physiologically produces thyroid hormones in response to food. Chewing it makes it immediately available. I think fillers in the formulations may make a difference in absorption which is why I think he likes cynoplus as the tablets seem to have minimal excipients and crumble easily.

mostlylurking

Thank you for such an informative response. I am 50. I really try to get nutrients from food with minimal supplementation but do wonder about not getting enough of some things., Liver contains decent thiamine but just eating it once per week may not be enough. Orange juice, eggs, milk and mushrooms contain it too. would be very interesting to try it as a supplement. I take my pulse often and its always right on target for thyroid function but had not been taking temps regul;arly and when I did recently, temp is lower than it should be despite ample thyroid supplementation and obviously bloodwork that seemingly reflects this. So makes sense that another factor could be interfering with thyroid function.

Did you get thyroid bloodwork again post- high thiamine supplementation while maintiaining same thyroid dose pre high thiamine supplementation? If so, did the T3 then come down to a "normal range" on the blood work?
My doctor sort of freaked out about my high T3 and he cut my thyroid medication from 180mg to 150mg. 30 days later, another thyroid panel was done. My T3 has gone down to very high normal which makes him happy. Sorry the analysis is muddied because he lowered my dose. I'm OK with the lower dose because over all I feel so much better now.

I am very sure that the Bactrim damaged my ability to use thiamine. However, I suspect that I may have been border-line deficient in thiamine for many years. When I was in my 20's (I'm 71 now), I drank a lot of iced tea, all day, and developed excruciating pain mainly in my back, pelvis, and knees. This went on for years. Tea blocks thiamine. Both thiamine deficiency and hypothyroidism damage mitochondrial function so they share many of the same symptoms.

MitchMitchell

Hello- just had blood work done and both thyroid and cholesterol are high which surprises me as my understanding has always been that low thyroid causes high cholesterol and for many years I have had regular cholesterol values with proper thyroid supplementation when prior to thyroid supplementation cholesterol had come back elevated on bloodwork. Now, all of the sudden cholesterol numbers are high and thyroid numbers are high ( higher thyroid on bloodwork is normal for me and has never bothered me as the amount I take keeps my pulse where it should be and cycles regular and other symtoms stable on this dose which is 1 and a half cynoplus tablets per day-- 3.3 grains).

wondering why the cholesterol numbers are now high ( or if this is really an issue anyway). I also eat liver once per week and eat foods with B12 so would think Vitamin A and B12 are not deficient and those are the only other factors I can think of that would not allow cholesterol to be converted to hormones other than low thyroid. Input on this is greatly appreciated. The blood work numbers are below:

Cholesterol Total: 222 H (range is < 200)
HDL Cholesterol: 47 L (range is >=50)
LDL Cholesterol 148 H (range is < 100)

TSH .01 L (range .4 - 4.5)
T4 free 1.8
T3 Free 6.7 H (range 2.3 -4.2)

honestly 148LDL is fine

if you’re concerned just scale back on saturated fat and you’ll be good. Thyroid numbers look great and you don’t seem to report discomfort so just take it easy on the Dietary lipid intake, and maybe calories in general if you’ve been recently eating more.

NodeCerebri

I am not sure either. When T4 is not blocked, my eyelids are not swollen. But I am mentally less sharp. Then when I leave out the extra T4 to not block T3 absorption, my eyelids get swollen again but I’m mentally sharp. And my gut is in its best form right now with frequent BMs and no bloating etc. I just can’t figure this bs out.

mostlylurking

I am not sure either. When T4 is not blocked, my eyelids are not swollen. But I am mentally less sharp. Then when I leave out the extra T4 to not block T3 absorption, my eyelids get swollen again but I’m mentally sharp. And my gut is in its best form right now with frequent BMs and no bloating etc. I just can’t figure this bs out.
The puffy eyelids might be endotoxin? Or allergic reaction?

I've had leaky gut and a compromised gut. The last episode was caused by antibiotics. Although I didn't think that there was a serious gut issue going on (no constipation, no diarrhea, no pain that I could feel coming from the gut) there was a serious gut issue going on (couldn't absorb nutrients) and it improved from eating cooked mushrooms daily. Now if I skip the mushrooms a couple of days, my inflammation skyrockets. I think there's a connection. So I'm off to the store to buy another $15.00 worth of white button mushrooms. And some goat cheese to camouflage them with.

T4 will cross the blood brain barrier and mess up the T3/T4 ratio. T3 is normally concentrated higher in the brain. Too much T4 is a problem. I think PUFA can cause problems with the conversion of T4 to T3; resulting in reverse T3? Have you cut out all PUFA? I've been avoiding it like the plague for 6 years. A little niacinamide can be helpful if you are new to avoiding PUFA.

NodeCerebri

The puffy eyelids might be endotoxin? Or allergic reaction?
No, I studied it multiple times and it seems to be related to T4?
I've had leaky gut and a compromised gut. The last episode was caused by antibiotics. Although I didn't think that there was a serious gut issue going on (no constipation, no diarrhea, no pain that I could feel coming from the gut) there was a serious gut issue going on (couldn't absorb nutrients) and it improved from eating cooked mushrooms daily. Now if I skip the mushrooms a couple of days, my inflammation skyrockets. I think there's a connection. So I'm off to the store to buy another $15.00 worth of white button mushrooms. And some goat cheese to camouflage them with.
This may sound a bit old-fashioned but did you try enemas? I am currently working with c8/c10 oil too. Already slept so much better and BMs are frequent still. For the gut I also could see that the volume of what you eat can make a really huge difference. Whenever I eat to many liquid things, no matter how nutrient dense or how many calories it has, my BMs just become less frequent.
T4 will cross the blood brain barrier and mess up the T3/T4 ratio. T3 is normally concentrated higher in the brain. Too much T4 is a problem. I think PUFA can cause problems with the conversion of T4 to T3; resulting in reverse T3? Have you cut out all PUFA? I've been avoiding it like the plague for 6 years. A little niacinamide can be helpful if you are new to avoiding PUFA.
Yep, team NoPUFA here. And yes, niacinamide is really helpful as was vitamin E :) so basically you suggest just sticking to the NDT then? From an overall feeling I’d also say yes, but my eyelids just feel so wrong lol.

mostlylurking

No, I studied it multiple times and it seems to be related to T4?

This may sound a bit old-fashioned but did you try enemas? I am currently working with c8/c10 oil too. Already slept so much better and BMs are frequent still. For the gut I also could see that the volume of what you eat can make a really huge difference. Whenever I eat to many liquid things, no matter how nutrient dense or how many calories it has, my BMs just become less frequent.

Yep, team NoPUFA here. And yes, niacinamide is really helpful as was vitamin E :) so basically you suggest just sticking to the NDT then? From an overall feeling I’d also say yes, but my eyelids just feel so wrong lol.
Have you seen Danny Roddy's info on thyroid? https://www.patreon.com/posts/14839477 He includes a set of before and after pictures. The eyelids are interesting.

Taking temperature and pulse regularly showed me that there really was something major wrong with me weeks after taking antibiotics. My temperature normalized after a larger dose of thiamine and confirmed to me that thiamine deficiency was the problem and probably the solution. I found Danny's article helpful.

My gut is on the mend. I don't want to put anything in there in the way of an enema for now, thanks anyway. This is more of a thiamine/magnesium deficiency situation brought on by antibiotics. Lots of mushrooms daily and supplementing more thiamine and more magnesium appears to be making a huge difference. I actually think I've finally gotten on top of the lactic acidosis problem.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Thank you Ladies-- this is all so interesting. I am beginning to wonder if adjusting thyroid supplement composition is indicated.

Looking into it, it seems the T4/T3 ratio can be key and bodies change over time--ive sort of been coasting along on the same regimen for quite some time as began thyroid supplementation in my 30's. Although it has seemed with the thyroid dose I have been on, menstrual cycles have been the most regular in my life ( this is a huge sign for me as I was wrongly diagnosed with "hypothalmic ammenorhea" at 17, dosed on estrogen by the medical profession for almost 12 years and mensturated for the first time on my own at almost 30-- so regular menstural cycles are a huge clue of balance for me, particularly at 50 years old). I also supplement with progest-e however; so perhaps it is overshadowing a more fundamental issue with thyroid dosing.

However, in light of temperatures now not being as high as they should, the carotonemia, the higher LDL for the first time and what you have shared, I am wondering whether the thryoid dose may need tweaking and whether the ratio of T4 to T3 is not right since despite such high functioning thyroid numbers on the bloodwork, I am exhibiting hypthyroid symptoms.

So, is it your understanding that If taking too much T4, more Reverse T3 can result which can impair utilization of T3 and despite T3 coming back high on blood work, a person could have hypthyroid symptoms due to the inability to utilize T3? If that is the case, rather than cutting down overall dose, might the solution be to adjust the ratio of T4 to T3 perhaps 3:1 rather than 4:1?

The possiblity of supplementing b vitamins is also interesting -- was thinking to experiment with supplementing a safe b-complex that contains all that were mentioned above or trying single vitamins such at thiamimine and see if makes a difference but very weary of supplements and I am extremely sensitive -- I put another thread up about severe chemical hypersensitivity. And then I wonder if, barring extreme circumstances such as antibiotics that wipe out a vitamin like thiamine, if we can get enough of those by eating liver once per week, meat and dairy, organge juice mushrooms, well cooked greens etc.

If experimenting with supplementation, where do you find pure supplements of the b's? I was looking at Healthnatura and also Life Giving Store which sells a powdered thiamine.

NodeCerebri

Have you seen Danny Roddy's info on thyroid? https://www.patreon.com/posts/14839477 He includes a set of before and after pictures. The eyelids are interesting.

Taking temperature and pulse regularly showed me that there really was something major wrong with me weeks after taking antibiotics. My temperature normalized after a larger dose of thiamine and confirmed to me that thiamine deficiency was the problem and probably the solution. I found Danny's article helpful.

My gut is on the mend. I don't want to put anything in there in the way of an enema for now, thanks anyway. This is more of a thiamine/magnesium deficiency situation brought on by antibiotics. Lots of mushrooms daily and supplementing more thiamine and more magnesium appears to be making a huge difference. I actually think I've finally gotten on top of the lactic acidosis problem.
Thank you for the link, very interesting! Yes it’s similar, just I don’t have a puffy face all along, only the eyelids.. that’s why I’m so confused :D

What kind of thiamine are you taking?
Fingers crossed ? that you proceed quickly on the seemingly right path you’re on

NodeCerebri

Thank you Ladies-- this is all so interesting. I am beginning to wonder if adjusting thyroid supplement composition is indicated.

Looking into it, it seems the T4/T3 ratio can be key and bodies change over time--ive sort of been coasting along on the same regimen for quite some time as began thyroid supplementation in my 30's. Although it has seemed with the thyroid dose I have been on, menstrual cycles have been the most regular in my life ( this is a huge sign for me as I was wrongly diagnosed with "hypothalmic ammenorhea" at 17, dosed on estrogen by the medical profession for almost 12 years and mensturated for the first time on my own at almost 30-- so regular menstural cycles are a huge clue of balance for me, particularly at 50 years old). I also supplement with progest-e however; so perhaps it is overshadowing a more fundamental issue with thyroid dosing.

However, in light of temperatures now not being as high as they should, the carotonemia, the higher LDL for the first time and what you have shared, I am wondering whether the thryoid dose may need tweaking and whether the ratio of T4 to T3 is not right since despite such high functioning thyroid numbers on the bloodwork, I am exhibiting hypthyroid symptoms.

So, is it your understanding that If taking too much T4, more Reverse T3 can result which can impair utilization of T3 and despite T3 coming back high on blood work, a person could have hypthyroid symptoms due to the inability to utilize T3? If that is the case, rather than cutting down overall dose, might the solution be to adjust the ratio of T4 to T3 perhaps 3:1 rather than 4:1?
Yes, adjusting the ratio could be the key. I see that you’re also paying attention to your diet ?? Is there anything you can think of which could have caused this maybe? Like a deficiency of something or an excess of something another?
The possiblity of supplementing b vitamins is also interesting -- was thinking to experiment with supplementing a safe b-complex that contains all that were mentioned above or trying single vitamins such at thiamimine and see if makes a difference but very weary of supplements and I am extremely sensitive -- I put another thread up about severe chemical hypersensitivity.
Maybe you can also have a look into haidut‘s Energin. The doses are worked out perfectly in there, and you can begin with small doses because it’s liquid and measured in drops.
And then I wonder if, barring extreme circumstances such as antibiotics that wipe out a vitamin like thiamine, if we can get enough of those by eating liver once per week, meat and dairy, organge juice mushrooms, well cooked greens etc.
IMHO, those would be enough for maintenance of the vitamin levels. But if we’re talking about extreme depletion, supplements would be needed to refill the body’s stores.
If experimenting with supplementation, where do you find pure supplements of the b's? I was looking at Healthnatura and also Life Giving Store which sells a powdered thiamine.
Oops already mentioned, idealabs Energin :) there also must be a Thread on this forum somewhere