High carb, low fat diet might help against cancer

Hans

Forum Supporter
I thought you guys might enjoy this one.

"We found that blocking fatty acid oxidation (FAO) in the presence of glucose significantly decreased ATP production in various cancer cells. This suggests that cancer cells depend on fatty acids to produce ATP through FAO instead of glycolysis. We observed that cancer cell growth mainly relies on metabolic nutrients and oxygen systemically supplied through the bloodstream instead of metabolic reprogramming. In a spontaneous mouse tumor model (KrasG12D; Pdx1-cre), tumor growth was 2-fold higher in mice fed a high-fat diet (low-carbo diet) that caused obesity, whereas a calorie-balanced, low-fat diet (high-carbo diet) inhibited tumor growth by 3-fold compared with that in mice fed a control/normal diet. This 5-fold difference in tumor growth between mice fed low-fat and high-fat diets suggests that fat-induced obesity promotes cancer growth, and tumor growth depends on fatty acids as the primary source of energy."

Keep in mind that ketogenic diets in humans don't necessarily cause cancer and that ketones have great anti-cancer benefits. The high-fat rat diet likely accelerated cancer since it's a high PUFA diet.
Things that can enhance glucose oxidation and inhibit fat oxidation are aspirin, B1, niacinamide, pyruvate, meldonium, DCA, etc.

Tomaz26

Thanks! I am battling stage 4 rectal cancer with lung mets at the age of 42..
Can you tell me more about blocking FAO. I am on high carb, low fat diet already. Cannot take aspirin due to allergy, bought DCA but also cannot take it due to chemo caused neutropathy and DCA is known to induce neuropathy on its own.
Can I use high dose B1, B3 and other things instead or are those two irreplacable?

Thanks for help

Tomaz

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks! I am battling stage 4 rectal cancer with lung mets at the age of 42..
Can you tell me more about blocking FAO. I am on high carb, low fat diet already. Cannot take aspirin due to allergy, bought DCA but also cannot take it due to chemo caused neutropathy and DCA is known to induce neuropathy on its own.
Can I use high dose B1, B3 and other things instead or are those two irreplacable?

Thanks for help

Tomaz
Can you get meldonium? Pyrucet from idealabs can also be helpful at enhancing proper glucose oxidation.
High dose B1 and alpha lipoic acid are used together with DCA to prevent neuropathy, so perhaps that's something you can give a shot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals