High Blood Pressure. concerned

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Put your nose and mouth inside the bag and form a seal with the bag on your face. Breath normally through your nose, do not breath deeper and faster, just normal and easy for a couple minutes until it feels uncomfortable.

OP
L

leo

Mittir: I just looked up high phosphorous foods to see if maybe I am overdoing and they list parmegiano cheese and shrimp! Well I am snacking on parmegiano/grapes all day long. Yesterday I had shrimp but my bp was low all day (due to the bicarbonate drink).

So now what do I do....almost all cheeses are high in phosphorous?

I am down to milk and fruit....nothing left in my menu. :(

OP
L

leo

Ok will try the bag breathing ...Thank you Mittir

OP
L

leo

BP before bag breathing for 2 minutes: 140/85

BP AFTER: 153/125

OP
L

leo

15 minutes later a beautiful 120/80 :)

So I am assuming I took my blood pressure too soon afterwards and if I wait it will go down?

But now the question is....is that safe to have the BP go so high while doing the bag breathing?

Does this happen to everyone who has tried it?

J

j.

If I were you I would also at some point experiment with reducing salt for two or three days.

OP
L

leo

Thank you J. I tried that once to no avail.

The reduction of blood pressure with the bag breathing is short lived.

Have to keep experimenting....don't want to go to dr's, and hubby is on my case to stop fooling around with this.

Does anyone know what is the highest it should be to where I need to go in to see a dr.?

J

j.

Do you take calcium supplements? I recently had an excess of calcium carbonate which increased my BP to 170.

J

j.

blood-pressure-chart_50291c3b47748.jpg

OP
L

leo

J Thank you! I took a picture of it with my cell phone to have handy. Well so far I linger in the orange zone but have gone into purple once or twice, so I guess I'm not going to die. ha

No I have never taken calcium supplements. I am drinking a lot of milk now however....and cheese.

How do I lower everything and stay Peat? If I cut out the oj..too much potassium, cheese....too much phosphorous, milk....too much calcium....how do I ever figure it out?

Maybe I should go do labs???

OP
L

leo

Also...(gosh sorry to bother and whine so much) I just came back from our local organic place.

I am looking to find a good mag supplement that won't cause diarhea. They have two choices only in liquid:

Magnesium Glycinate, with gums, fillers, citric acid etc

or

Magnesium Chloride, which is pure....nothing added

I have read that glycinate is better, but with all that added garbage?

Anybody know of a great mag that is absorbable....I can order to the states.

thnx

mandance

I would get all your labs and blood work done just to know where you are at. The diet part is going to be tricky for you possibly but everyone here has their own unique way of peating. Your blood pressure is high, but not life threatening so I wouldnt freak out about it. My mom is 65 and has blood pressure that high and still does fine. Sometimes it even goes higher. If your cholesterol is high, it could explain the high blood pressure problems potentially as well....thyroid would help cut down the cholesterol and help with creating more youth hormones instead which would probably lower your blood pressure as well. As far as magnesium is concerned...if you have trouble with your bowel movements, Id suggest topical magnesiums absorbed through the skin.

OP
L

leo

Thank you Mandance.
Since I have been on cytomel for over 5 yrs now my cholesterol is always around 180. When I lower cytomel it goes up and vice versa.
I take epsom baths and use magnesium oil already' even when I had normal BP two weeks ago. After years of this and lab testing my scores always come out the same. For years I have been in normal range but high end for sodium potassium and calcium. Magnesium has always been normal but low end. Thus the topical applications.
There is no doubt in my mind that the bp increase is directly related to change of diet. I just have to figure out which imbalances I am creating by my new food choices which are milk oj and sugar. Everything else I am consuming I have consumed before.

I will probably get labs next week too see what has changed so dratically.

Glad your mom is ok and I guess not stressing over it is a plus. It is hard for me however as I had a dear friend just drop dead in her 60's due to uncontrolled hypertension. I take it very seriously and would give up Peat eating in a heartbeat if I thought it was the true cause. However because I truly want to eat this way and trust Peats findings I am willing to keep digging for the time being.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I hope I am not coming off as ungrateful. I am just frustrated. It is quite draining for me to take my readings all day and try to figure this out on my own. I

Thank you!

J

j.

Hopefully it's just a matter of getting used to. Do you happen to use gelatin by the way? It just occurred to me because it's calming.

mandance

Well, heart disease and heart attacks do have a hereditary factor to them. Does your family have a history of heart diease and high blood pressure? Aside from that, when I first started peating...,my cholesterol actually became higher as well as blood pressure...but it settled down after a few months and now everything is in perfect ranges. It just takes time and adjustments...you are probably taking in a lot more fat now and thats probably one thing to look at.

J

j.

One thing you could do if everything fails is go back to your old diet, and then introduce one feature of the Peat diet at a time, to see which one causes the problem.

OP
L

leo

My mother had high blood pressure and died this year at 90 but not related to that. Father is 92 with perfect labs and on zero meds!
That is good news about your bp. Gives me hope!!
The first few days on peat were higher fat because I was'nt so organized but now I have my lowfat milk and have cut back on the cheese a bit.
Thank you for your concern. I will keep at it this week and report back.

OP
L

leo

J I thought that very same thing today! I am giving it two more weeks so that I will have completed one month and if things havent settled down I will do a 180. Again! Lol

mandance

Yeah keep us posted please. You can make a log or journal in the testomonials section and we can track your progress better and be able to better help you also. I think you should stick with it, your folks sounded super healthy (sorry about mom) and it seems like you hit some snags but I think it can be worked out with the diet. Just watch the fat maybe like you are doing...is it possible cytomel can raise blood pressure? This is one thing I dont know about...how synthetic thyroid supps effect the heart...i imagine its safe but it might be worth researching.

Also if you really are still concerned, you can always email the man himself, hes pretty responsive. Either way, keep your head up :) Youre still a young lady so no need to worry yourself into higher BP lol

OP
L

leo

Also am awaiting thorne k which peat said would help.