High Anxiety Out Of Nowhere

raypeatclips

Coffee only inhibits non-heme iron absorption, not the heme-iron in meat.
You need calcium to inhibit heme iron. So a glass of milk or serving of cheese with the red meat.
Also, after a period of a few months eating beef daily, I got little "age spots" or lipofuscin on my face and body.
This was a few years ago and I have partly reversed the age spots by lowering my iron intake and supplementing vitamin E.

How much beef were you eating daily?

Vinero

How much beef were you eating daily?
About 250-300 gram daily, for about 6 months from September 2013 to March 2014, I was into weightlifting and maximizing my testosterone, and red meat is supposed to increase T levels because its high in zinc.
When I noticed tiny brown spots form on my stomach and a very noticable brown spot on my lips, I got scared and lowered my beef intake to about once a week.
Over the years I have supplemented aspirin and vitamin E and the tiny spots have decreased and the large spot on my lip has gone.

raypeatclips

About 250-300 gram daily, for about 6 months from September 2013 to March 2014, I was into weightlifting and maximizing my testosterone, and red meat is supposed to increase T levels because its high in zinc.
When I noticed tiny brown spots form on my stomach and a very noticable brown spot on my lips, I got scared and lowered my beef intake to about once a week.
Over the years I have supplemented aspirin and vitamin E and the tiny spots have decreased and the large spot on my lip has gone.

According to cronometer 300g beef steak is only 5.6mg iron. Fortified cereals in the UK have around 8mg per 100g. I believe I saw one at 14mg/100g but can't remember what that is. Our wheat flour is fortified at 2-4mg per 100g and people eat a lot of wheat, sandwiches, cookies, brownies etc. I'm struggling to see how that much beef could cause an issue, were you also eating a lot of other iron containing foods? Is the supplemental iron less dangerous than beefs iron?

Vinero

According to cronometer 300g beef steak is only 5.6mg iron. Fortified cereals in the UK have around 8mg per 100g. I believe I saw one at 14mg/100g but can't remember what that is. Our wheat flour is fortified at 2-4mg per 100g and people eat a lot of wheat, sandwiches, cookies, brownies etc. I'm struggling to see how that much beef could cause an issue, were you also eating a lot of other iron containing foods? Is the supplemental iron less dangerous than beefs iron?
5.6 mg per 300 gram is still a lot compared to potatoes or cheese which have about 1 mg per 300 gram.
I don't know which type of iron is more dangerous, supplemental or iron in foods. All I know is that experimentally for me eating that much beef leads to iron accumulation, which explains the age spots/lipofuscin. The other factors that promote age spots/lipofuscin are PUFA,alcohol, and stress. I wasn't consuming any high PUFA foods back then but did party a lot. So I did consume quite some alcohol and other substances that are non-peaty. So I am not sure if iron was the only factor that contributed to my age spots.

raypeatclips

5.6 mg per 300 gram is still a lot compared to potatoes or cheese which have about 1 mg per 300 gram.
I don't know which type of iron is more dangerous, supplemental or iron in foods. All I know is that experimentally for me eating that much beef leads to iron accumulation, which explains the age spots/lipofuscin. The other factors that promote age spots/lipofuscin are PUFA,alcohol, and stress. I wasn't consuming any high PUFA foods back then but did party a lot. So I did consume quite some alcohol and other substances that are non-peaty. So I am not sure if iron was the only factor that contributed to my age spots.

Good point. I eat a fair amount of beef so will watch out for it.

I thought I remembered haidut saying small amounts of alcohol could remove lipofuscin, maybe it's just excessive amounts that cause problems.

Alcohol. And All Of My Symptoms

Vinero

Good point. I eat a fair amount of beef so will watch out for it.

I thought I remembered haidut saying small amounts of alcohol could remove lipofuscin, maybe it's just excessive amounts that cause problems.

Alcohol. And All Of My Symptoms
Yes thats very interesting that small amounts of ethanol can remove lipofuscin. Maybe 1 or 2 drinks a day can be helpful for such a problem.
If you can control your drinking and not get wasted then alcohol can be a useful tool.

Frankdee20

I've had serotonin syndrome and been sensitive to anything that raises serotonin ever since. I get minor symptoms again if I ingest something that raises it too much.

According to my chronometer I should get enough of all vitamins.

Interestingly, when I had a negative reaction to SSRI, and a negative reaction to 5htp, with Serotonin syndrome like effects, I became super sensitive to everything. It eventually went away but took years.

sladerunner69

Probably best to post a full Cronometer.com to give a better picture of your current situation.

Based on your past posts, you might be chasing ghosts. Without starting with the basics, your brain could just be running a con on you, trying to convince you that the problem is:

Seratonin
Iron
Prolactin
Tryptophan
Histamine
etc............

Basics:

Diet (Macros/Micros)
Thyroid
Antibiotics (carrot salad/AC/tetracycline/etc)

What does AC stand for? Air Conditioning? Apple Cider?

OP
N

nostalgic

Interestingly, when I had a negative reaction to SSRI, and a negative reaction to 5htp, with Serotonin syndrome like effects, I became super sensitive to everything. It eventually went away but took years.
Years? Well, at least it's better than never. It's been almost 11 months for me now.

InChristAlone

Vitamin C. Niacinamide. Cypro. After being house bound for two months those things helped me feel sane again. Also the book DARE and somatic experiencing to get at the roots of it all.

m1210

About a week ago I started getting anxiety and I've had it continuously since then. I feel very close to a panic attack constantly and I have no idea why. I don't have low serotonin so that's not a culprit. Any idea what could be causing this?

Since I don't have low serotonin, none of the cofactors should be responsible, right? Like the B vitamins etc. Very thankful for advice.

I think B vitamins raise serotonin, and high serotonin can cause anxiety (it's a complicated system)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals