High androgens low thyroid??

scoobydoo

I have check my bloodwork and my T and DHT are both very good. My TSH is .8 however I still get symptoms of low thyroid (I think). I get cold very easily and have trouble warming back up once I am cold.
I also have low libido and trouble mainting and getting an erection despite my high androgens. Do you think NDT is safe to try to see what improvements I get??

Charger

Roddy touched on people who have suppressed TSH without thyroid supplementation being a possible indicator of high adrenaline.

OP
S

scoobydoo

Roddy touched on people who have suppressed TSH without thyroid supplementation being a possible indicator of high adrenaline.
Interesting
Based on my cold hands and easy shrinkage down there it could be!

JamesGatz

Do you use light therapy? I use regular heat lamps (not even red light) and this SHOOTS UP my temps and I can easily go through a 1,000 calorie meal without breaking a sweat.

My calories on days I am exposed to blue light and don't use light therapy struggle to hit 2500+
My calories on days I use the heat lamps easily hit 4500+

It was probably the best thing I incorporated since peating for my thyroid - but I'm also exposed to a lot of blue light via work, so given my situation it was especially helpful for me

OP
S

scoobydoo

Do you by any chance have hard flaccid syndrome? I have the exact same symptoms as you. Low tsh as well (.275)
I’m not sure if I have it entirely
But when I can random erections they are always halvsies
look your iron status
iron is on the low side of normal but much better than it used to be. (Used to be elevated)

PaRa

iron is on the low side of normal but much better than it used to be. (Used to be elevated)

serum iron means nothing tho (if you where talking of it ofc)

you have to get

CRP
ferritin
transferrin
transferrin sat
transferrin binding capacity

panel with rbc, hematocrit etc

dhtsupreme

yup you probably have it. halvsies are one of the symptoms. it has to do with the pelvic floor muscles and the muscles that surround it (glutes, hamstrings, quads) being tight and tense. It sucks tbh

For high adrenaline other members have recommended salt, magnesium, taurine, glycine, l-theanine. Pretty much anything that raises gaba

OP
S

scoobydoo

serum iron means nothing tho (if you where talking of it ofc)

you have to get

CRP
ferritin
transferrin
transferrin sat
transferrin binding capacity

panel with rbc, hematocrit etc
All were middle of the range except ferritin which was slightly low

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have check my bloodwork and my T and DHT are both very good. My TSH is .8 however I still get symptoms of low thyroid (I think). I get cold very easily and have trouble warming back up once I am cold.
I also have low libido and trouble mainting and getting an erection despite my high androgens. Do you think NDT is safe to try to see what improvements I get??
What's your heart rate and do you sweat even when cold? Are your pupils constricted?

OP
S

scoobydoo

What's your heart rate and do you sweat even when cold? Are your pupils constricted?
No I don’t sweat easily actually
I seem to not tolerate heat or cold well.
Heart rate is in the 60s

Hans

Forum Supporter
No I don’t sweat easily actually
I seem to not tolerate heat or cold well.
Heart rate is in the 60s
Then it's probably not catecholamine-related. Do you find benefits from increasing salt or calcium?

OP
S

scoobydoo

Then it's probably not catecholamine-related. Do you find benefits from increasing salt or calcium?
Do you feel like it could be just low thyroid? My bloods say it’s not however I definitely am cold all the time
Salt does seem to help with bigger meals

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you feel like it could be just low thyroid? My bloods say it’s not however I definitely am cold all the time
Salt does seem to help with bigger meals
Catecholamines usually cause vasoconstriction of the extremities, but when you eat a big meal with protein, carbs and salt, the cold should go away. A lot of people are cold when they undereat.

xetawaves

yup you probably have it. halvsies are one of the symptoms. it has to do with the pelvic floor muscles and the muscles that surround it (glutes, hamstrings, quads) being tight and tense. It sucks tbh

For high adrenaline other members have recommended salt, magnesium, taurine, glycine, l-theanine. Pretty much anything that raises gaba
update on your hf?