High Amounts Of Honey Okey?

Dobbler

Is it okay to eat alot of honey? Its so easy way to get carbs i end up getting atleast 50% of my carbs from it. My only concern is that i have read it lowers cholesterol, which i dont want ofc because more cholesterol = more pregnenolone right?

Base Ball

I guess it depends on what you consider a lot. I take about 6 tablespoons a day, mainly in the place of orange juice. Taking a couple tablespoons at night seems to help me sleep through the night often, and at my age that is a big deal. I believe it relieves metabolic stress due to the small amount of vitamins and minerals together with the different sugars in raw honey.

tara

My only concern is that i have read it lowers cholesterol, which i dont want ofc because more cholesterol = more pregnenolone right?
I don't know how it lowers cholesterol. If it does it by supporting it's conversion to required downstream hormones, then that seems like a benefit. If it suppresses production of cholesterol to lower than optimal levels fro producing downstream hormones, then that seems like a potential problem.

squanch

Didn't really work out for me
Honey Headache

If you really want to try it, I would at least eat some bee pollen together with the honey. This seems to balance it out for some reason, at least it helped reverse some of the problems a high honey consumption caused for me.

Jsaute21

Do they really add sugars to honey? I read that they add sugar to Kirklands raw honey product. Don't really care if it is cane sugar but sketchy none the less...any thoughts @tara or @lisaferraro

L

lollipop

Do they really add sugars to honey? I read that they add sugar to Kirklands raw honey product. Don't really care if it is cane sugar but sketchy none the less...any thoughts @tara or @lisaferraro
Hi @Jsaute21 - maybe to national mainstream brands - wouldn't put it past them. I purchase my honey in bulk from Whole Foods. No added honey...

tara

I've not heard of adding sugar directly to honey. But I don't know a lot about the usual practices.

Velve921

I guess it depends on what you consider a lot. I take about 6 tablespoons a day, mainly in the place of orange juice. Taking a couple tablespoons at night seems to help me sleep through the night often, and at my age that is a big deal. I believe it relieves metabolic stress due to the small amount of vitamins and minerals together with the different sugars in raw honey.

Ive recently started experimenting with honey and starting to notice some relaxing effects. What nightly doses you experimenting with and are you still seeing good effects?

lampofred

I heard much of store-bought honey is heated and heated honey is toxic. And if you eat meat then honey will cause issues, since honey and iron/phosphate do not mix.

I heard much of store-bought honey is heated and heated honey is toxic. And if you eat meat then honey will cause issues, since honey and iron/phosphate do not mix.
What issues?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals