high amount of chicken

Theo

I have trouble finding free range chicken.
I buy oven baked chicken strips by the kilo. It's a main source of calories and protein for me. Since its a fact that chicken are often given hormones, I am wondering what I could eat to counteract this.

Any ideas ?

YuraCZ

skinless chicken breast = good very low fat source of protein almost no pufa
whole chicken(wings, skin, fat) = very high pufa = very bad for you

OP
T

Theo

It's skinlees chicken breast strips that are oven baked.

Only thing is the hormones they give chickens. A friend said your system gets rid of junk like that ?
Maybe ?

Zachs

Factory chicken meat is some of the worst meat you could possibly eat. Bird flu is everywhere right now for a reason, they treat those birds like sh*t. Go vegetarian before eating factory meat. Read Ray Peats article on meat processing for more info on how bad it is.

Eat more dairy.

YuraCZ

Theo said:
It's skinlees chicken breast strips that are oven baked.

Only thing is the hormones they give chickens. A friend said your system gets rid of junk like that ?
Maybe ?
everything bad is usually stored in the fat. So pure meat without fat (which breast basically are, especially when you cook them in the water..) is ok.. But who eat skinless chicken breasts. It's tasteless.. Maybe bodybuilders and weirdos like me. :D

YuraCZ

Zachs said:
Factory chicken meat is some of the worst meat you could possibly eat. Bird flu is everywhere right now for a reason, they treat those birds like sh*t. Go vegetarian before eating factory meat. Read Ray Peats article on meat processing for more info on how bad it is.

Eat more dairy.

Last edited by a moderator:
fmn9mu.jpg

Skinless chicken breast is not "low fat." If you eat 2 breasts, that gives you about 12 grams of fat.

Also, chicken is fed soy.

Also, when it comes to the mini modern dinosaur (chicken), chicken is one of the highest sources of estrogenic things called Phthalates:

"Phthalates are a family of chemicals used in plastics and many other products. Phthalates are a group of chemicals used to soften and increase the flexibility of plastic and vinyl. Polyvinyl chloride is made softer and more flexible by the addition of phthalates. Phthalates are used in hundreds of consumer products."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2920922/

"The findings from our study suggest that there is an association between dietary consumption of certain food types and levels of chemical contaminants measured in the NHANES study population. Poultry consumption was significantly associated with creatinine-adjusted DEHP metabolites MEHP, MEHHP, MEOHP, and MECPP as well as high-molecular-weight phthalate metabolites. Additionally, the finding that egg consumption is significantly associated with levels of MEHP suggests thatchickens themselves may be contaminated with phthalates and that food is not being contaminated just through packaging and processing."

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/c ... /e122.full