High altitude mask?

kettlebell

I wanted to discuss this item.

It is just a resistance breathing mask but, due to this resistance does increase co2 retention and lung co2 content whilst being used therefore does seem to have all of the benefits of being at altitude + the added benefit of increasing diaphragm strength.

I got interested after reading this: http://www.normalbreathing.com/d/traini ... PPfLORWySo

It looks like he is endorsing it and may be affiliated in some way but what he says seems to make sense as to its merits.

They only thing I was disappointed in is that it i not as cool as Charlies bag breathing mask design.

Your thoughts?

John Eels

Charlie's mask does look cooler :). I wonder what RP would say about it. I don't know if it matters that the effect of increased blood level CO2 is achieved with restricted breathing in the case of the mask whereas in bag breathing you actually inhale increasingly more CO2 as less and less oxygen is available.

Dan W

I'm assuming you'd raise carbon dioxide levels better with bag-breathing, instead of just restricting oxygen intake like this thing appears to do. Although a bag doesn't let you pretend to be Darth Vader...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals