High 1,25 D

oh I see.....The PTH's do not look elevated, wonder why. Another thing that does not match what Peat is saying.
PTH is crucial in calcium metabolism and absorption. It will go down when serum ionized calcium is optimal or high but if people have problem absorbing calcium (damage in their intestine, IBD or something) you don't actually want to forcefully lower PTH because it is (along with 1,25D) helping you absorb calcium more efficiently.

That's why I always bled from my anus when I drank milk and took thyroid and had a decent tolerance to milk alone. Thyroid lowers PTH which then further lowers 1,25D. That messes up with my absorption of calcium from milk (or even high mineral calcium water - I bled after using thyroid and high mineral calcium water). Nothing is black and white as you see, and body is smarter than all of our planetary brains combined and you want to assist what he is trying to do more so than pushing it in a certain direction because of your established concepts.

tankasnowgod

oh I see.....The PTH's do not look elevated, wonder why. Another thing that does not match what Peat is saying.
To be fair, Peat generally recommends Vitamin D in daily doses of less than 20,000 IU. This study was using higher doses, and this particular subject daily doses of either 40,000 IU to 60,000 IU. If you look at the chart, PTH does come down as 1,25 OH D comes down, and it came down from the measured high despite higher levels of Vitamin D supplementation.

ironfist

Yeah that could be an overstatement. Let's just say what he preaches doesn't add up in a real world for most of the people. Therefore rendering it mostly useless. I think it comes down to supplemental D3. I've seen SO MANY cases of supplemental 25D increasing 1,25D significantly - therefore causing hypercalcemia and messing lot of people up [Me included].
Let's talk more about this. I've experienced hypercalcemia twice (confirmed by blood tests) from taking vitamin D.

ironfist

Don't let people around here hear you say that...
So this thing is, it only happens to me when I eat nightshades with my vitamin D. I can take big doses of vitamin D (not online forum big, but 5000IU per day) and be just fine without nightshades. As soon as I eat a potato, hypercalcemia. I believe it has to do with the calcitriol in nightshades. I have tested this by eating nightshades and getting ionized calcium tests the next day. It's ANL.

So this thing is, it only happens to me when I eat nightshades with my vitamin D. I can take big doses of vitamin D (not online forum big, but 5000IU per day) and be just fine without nightshades. As soon as I eat a potato, hypercalcemia. I believe it has to do with the calcitriol in nightshades. I have tested this by eating nightshades and getting ionized calcium tests the next day. It's ANL.
Very interesting. It could be that nightshades are activating your immune system by either creating some bacterial response or maybe by you just having allergy to them. This in turn can activate microphages which can turn the circulating 25OHD into 1,25D - leading to hypercalcemia.