• 20210721_152346.jpg
    20210721_152346.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210721_152435.jpg
    20210721_152435.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 12

Eberhardt

I never heard of it before now!
Lucky you?? makes me feel ...not good when i accidentaly eaten it. They glue together smaller pieces to make it look like a beef. But I mean something that is made to cause fibrosis...I am sure it is "inactivated" so its no harm.........and also its excitotry as it is related (vaguely at least) to MSG.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Lucky you?? makes me feel ...not good when i accidentaly eaten it. They glue together smaller pieces to make it look like a beef. But I mean something that is made to cause fibrosis...I am sure it is "inactivated" so its no harm.........and also its excitotry as it is related (vaguely at least) to MSG.
I don't eat fast food or chicken nuggets where would you run into it accidently?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Boy am I glad you showed up in this thread. I thought PUFA's, antibiotics and maybe MSG was all I was looking to avoid.

Dr. B

Boy am I glad you showed up in this thread. I thought PUFA's, antibiotics and maybe MSG was all I was looking to avoid.

i am considering dropping meat entirely and just sticking to something like ancestral supplements organ/beef capsules to get some iron and nutrients in. and just doing grass fed A2 milk and whey protein for the rest of my protein needs, along with some raw honey, organic dried fruits, organic coconut water and OJ. there seem to be too many risks with meat in the US!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
i am considering dropping meat entirely and just sticking to something like ancestral supplements organ/beef capsules to get some iron and nutrients in. and just doing grass fed A2 milk and whey protein for the rest of my protein needs, along with some raw honey, organic dried fruits, organic coconut water and OJ. there seem to be too many risks with meat in the US!
If I weren't getting mine directly from the ranch I would too. I find I am more and more leaning into dairy. The creep factor of meat is just getting to be too much!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Food allergies are becoming much more common in recent decades, especially in industrialized countries. Most attention has been given to theories about changes in people, such as the reduction in infectious diseases and parasites, or vitamin D deficiency, or harmful effects from vaccinations, and little attention has been given to degradation of the food supply." -Ray Peat

Dr. B

"Food allergies are becoming much more common in recent decades, especially in industrialized countries. Most attention has been given to theories about changes in people, such as the reduction in infectious diseases and parasites, or vitamin D deficiency, or harmful effects from vaccinations, and little attention has been given to degradation of the food supply." -Ray Peat
good quote, when/whered you get that one?

he mentioned a case where a person seemingly had a food allergy to everything. it was a medical case study he cited.
guy thought he was allergic to all these foods, doctors didnt believe him. guy eventually noticed ingredient labels and found a common link. every food item he was allergic to, contained propylene glycol. maybe his diet was mostly processed foods but even milk with added vitamins has that ingredient.
so he brought it up with doctors, they were very hesitant, brought up the usual excuse of small amounts are safe etc. so the guy removed all foods with propylene glycol and was able to confirm it was the propylene glycol causing him the issues, not the foods themselves. his doctors agreed as well.

Ray had an interesting quote of his own and mentioned how food fillers like propylene glycols allergenicity decreases as their profitability rises.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
good quote, when/whered you get that one?

he mentioned a case where a person seemingly had a food allergy to everything. it was a medical case study he cited.
guy thought he was allergic to all these foods, doctors didnt believe him. guy eventually noticed ingredient labels and found a common link. every food item he was allergic to, contained propylene glycol. maybe his diet was mostly processed foods but even milk with added vitamins has that ingredient.
so he brought it up with doctors, they were very hesitant, brought up the usual excuse of small amounts are safe etc. so the guy removed all foods with propylene glycol and was able to confirm it was the propylene glycol causing him the issues, not the foods themselves. his doctors agreed as well.

Ray had an interesting quote of his own and mentioned how food fillers like propylene glycols allergenicity decreases as their profitability rises.
I will have to look up foods with propylene glycol. Is it labeled in milk like that? Here I got from his article on Milk In Context: allergies, ecology & some myths....

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Apart from being used as a food additive, propylene glycol is also an active ingredient in engine coolants, airplane deicers, enamels, paints, varnishes, and polyurethane cushions.‌

Propylene glycol has been found in some of the most hazardous waste sites in the country, but in normal amounts, it’s not considered unsafe. But the fact that it’s also an ingredient in antifreeze raises concerns about the possible side effects of eating any food contaminated with it.

Foods that Contain Propylene Glycol

Propylene contains many properties that are beneficial to packaged foods. Many food manufacturers use it to lengthen the shelf life of their processed foods. Examples of packaged foods that contain the product include:

-Seasoning blends

-Dried soups

-Salad dressings

-Baking mixes for foods like cakes, muffins, cinnamon buns, biscuits, cupcakes, and pancakes

-Powdered drink mixes

-Flavored teas

-Soft drinks

-Alcoholic beverages

-Food coloring

-Flavoring extracts

-Highly processed snacks

-Fast foods

-Flavored popcorn

-Cake frosting

-Ice cream flavors

-Mass-distributed baked desserts

-Marshmallows

-Dried coconut shreds

-Sauces

-Sour cream

-Potato salad

-Macaroni

-Cheese"

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Just when you think you've got your diet dialed in good a Mr. Bollix comes along with Propylene glycol!

Last edited:

Dr. B

"Apart from being used as a food additive, propylene glycol is also an active ingredient in engine coolants, airplane deicers, enamels, paints, varnishes, and polyurethane cushions.‌

Propylene glycol has been found in some of the most hazardous waste sites in the country, but in normal amounts, it’s not considered unsafe. But the fact that it’s also an ingredient in antifreeze raises concerns about the possible side effects of eating any food contaminated with it.

Foods that Contain Propylene Glycol

Propylene contains many properties that are beneficial to packaged foods. Many food manufacturers use it to lengthen the shelf life of their processed foods. Examples of packaged foods that contain the product include:

-Seasoning blends

-Dried soups

-Salad dressings

-Baking mixes for foods like cakes, muffins, cinnamon buns, biscuits, cupcakes, and pancakes

-Powdered drink mixes

-Flavored teas

-Soft drinks

-Alcoholic beverages

-Food coloring

-Flavoring extracts

-Highly processed snacks

-Fast foods

-Flavored popcorn

-Cake frosting

-Ice cream flavors

-Mass-distributed baked desserts

-Marshmallows

-Dried coconut shreds

-Sauces

-Sour cream

-Potato salad

-Macaroni

-Cheese"

yeah they say its safe in small amounts but its not true, many of these things were never present in foods before, and "small amount" is all relative and subjective, milligrams and micrograms of things can still have very powerful effects. basically any milk that lists vitamin d3 and vitamin A in the ingredients also has propylene glycol and polysorbate 80 as hidden ingredients which don't have to be listed because they're part of the vitamin mixture. the ingredients in the mixture dont need to be listed, only the vitamins themselves do.
polysorbate 80, is the emulsifier iirc and propylene glycol is the preservative for the vitamin mixture.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals