Hidden Nasties In Our Food

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Scenic Fruit Company of Gresham, Oregon is recalling frozen organic strawberries and frozen organic tropical blend because of an outbreak of hepatitis A illnesses.

The recalled frozen organic strawberries were sold at Costco, Aldi, KeHE, Vital Choice Seafood, and PCC Community Markets, and the frozen organic tropical blend was sold at Trader Joe’s.”

J.R.K

“After a 6-year long systematic review of fluoride’s impact on the developing brain, a court order has led to the National Toxicology Program (NTP) making public their finalized report that was blocked by US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) leadership and concealed from the public for the past 10 months. The NTP reported 52 of 55 studies found decreases in child IQ associated with increase in fluoride, a remarkable 95% consistency.”

Yet the practice is still continuing on today.

David PS

supercoolguy

“A common and widely used chemical may be fueling the rise of the world’s fastest-growing brain condition – Parkinson’s disease. For the past 100 years, trichloroethylene (TCE) has been used to decaffeinate coffee, degrease metal, and dry clean clothes. It contaminates the Marine Corps base Camp Lejeune, 15 toxic Superfund sites in Silicon Valley, and up to one-third of groundwater in the U.S. TCE causes cancer, is linked to miscarriages and congenital heart disease, and is associated with a 500% increased risk of Parkinson’s disease.“
Industrial Chemical Cleaners! Drive-Me-Insane.
Burning, My eyes & nose run for 12hrs, In my hair,
I practically beg people to Not use them to clean their desk and floors. "You're essentially using re-labled toilet bowl cleaner on your Desk, the Floors, and the Counters, and Keyboards" What a waste of time, People look at me like I just shot their favorite pet.

My solution to the pollution is Dilution. Find the bottles, dump out 70-75% and re-fill w/H2O. (and shut-up)
Still, Co-Workers wonder Why I never get sick!

J.R.K

I am in agreement with the article’s conclusion there needs to be a system in place to deal with the end of life as it pertains to these pharmaceuticals. The water system needs a upgrade to eliminate the increased usage of pharmaceuticals seen in today’s society. This actually reminds me of @haiduts post on SSRI’s causing aggressive violent behaviour in animals

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is what happened to me two days ago, supercoolguy!!! I was fixing my leaky faucet and used some Limeaway to get the valve stem out of the wall, and that night I woke up with my throat burning. The burning throat went on all night and most of yesterday. My sinuses are still congested and my head hurts from it all.

supercoolguy

This is what happened to me two days ago, supercoolguy!!! I was fixing my leaky faucet and used some Limeaway to get the valve stem out of the wall, and that night I woke up with my throat burning. The burning throat went on all night and most of yesterday. My sinuses are still congested and my head hurts from it all.
Sorry to hear such. I know, Chems are no joke.
Huge Marketing Influence allows a plethora of products to exists on the $helves.
Used to have ☠️Bold Warnings ☠️on the bottles. School taught us to avoid them, store them in the garage in a locked cabinet. Now people use Clorox Wipes like tissues!

David PS

J.R.K

HB1169 in Missouri would require disclosure and informed consent for any product (including food) that would produce impacts on the human body similar to a gene therapy drug.
Thanks for posting this one @David PS, GMO actually alters DNA and they knew this, and they still put it out as safe and just as good or better than what nature provides. Unbelievable actually that is the perfect word because most people still believe the gene therapies are safe and effective. I just seen a video stating that as of last Friday the CDC still says the vaccines prevent transmission, on their website.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The permeability of the intestine that allows bacteria to enter the blood stream is very serious if the phagocytic cells are weakened. Carrageenan poisoning is one known cause of the disappearance of macrophages. Its powerful immunosuppression would tend to be superimposed onto the immunological damage that has been produced by radiation, unsaturated fats, and estrogens.

The liver tumor that is characteristic of young women using the oral contraceptive pill is a hepatocellular adenoma, which is considered to be a premalignant tumor. In Japan, Mexico, and several European countries, the incidence of hepatocellular tu-mors has increased steadily and tremendously in recent decades, and it has increased in men as well as in women. This is the sort of tumor that very likely represents an increased burden of toxins absorbed from the bowel. Carrageenan contributes to the disappearance of the liver enzymes (the cytochrome P-450 system) that detoxify drugs, hormones, and a variety of other chemicals.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In 1989 I pointed out that septicemia, blood stream infection, in young adults, which used to be a rare thing, and which indicates defective immunity, has been increasing in a remarkably continuous way since the late 1940s, and I reviewed the many things in our environment that are known to suppress immunity, and which have become increasingly prevalent in our environment--unsaturated vegetable oils, ferrous iron and carrageenan in our foods, lead in air, food, and water, exposure to medical, military, and industrial ionizing radiation, vaccinations, pesticides, chlorinated hydrocarbons, nitric oxide (smog and medications) and oral contraceptives and environmental estrogens, in particular.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“It’s pretty well-known that Sprite and ginger ale aren’t caffeinated, but Coca-Cola and many other carbonated beverages (mostly the cola-style ones) are. Are they made from a plant that contains caffeine, too?

Not exactly. Once upon a time, kola nut extract was used to produce Coke and similar colas, and as you’ve certainly guessed, kola nuts contain caffeine. The extract hasn’t been used for some time, though. (No one’s exactly sure when it was removed, since beverage companies closely guard their ingredient formulas. But it was a long time ago.)

Then where does the caffeine come from? Actually, it’s an added ingredient in soda – supposedly there to provide added taste, although at least one study has shown that it doesn’t do that at all. When the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) proposed a rule banning caffeine in soda 40 years ago, the soft drink industry insisted that caffeine was a crucial additive. They claimed that the bitterness of caffeine was needed to balance the soda’s sweetness. And it’s still there today.

At one point, caffeine for use in soda was extracted from heated coffee beans. In fact, the huge agrochemical company Monsanto got its start as one of the companies supplying Coca-Cola with caffeine. Things haven’t worked that way for a while, though.

Both Monsanto and Pfizer started producing synthetic caffeine in the mid-20th century, through a process that uses ammonia, chloroacetic acid and methyl chloride. Synthetic caffeine has been used in soda ever since, although most caffeine production has been done in China for the last quarter-century.

If that’s surprising to you, it’s because food and beverage manufacturers aren’t required to identify the caffeine in their products as natural or artificial. There’s also virtually no supervision of synthetic caffeine production – so it’s simply a matter of crossing your fingers (or not thinking about it) and downing that can of Coke to get a jolt of caffeine.

Synthetic caffeine is the primary stimulant ingredient in energy drinks, although some also contain the extract of guarana berries, which do contain natural caffeine. (Synthetic caffeine is also added to many over-the-counter headache medications, because it’s been found to amplify the meds’ effectiveness.)

Natural and synthetic caffeine are chemically identical, but the body absorbs the synthetic version faster. That means the energy boost comes more quickly – as does the crash that follows.

Caffeinated drinks like Coke and Pepsi have caffeine levels about half that of coffee, about 35-40 milligrams of caffeine per can, which is why a Coke doesn’t get you as “juiced” as coffee. Mountain Dew contains about 55mg, and energy drinks like Red Bull come in well over 100mg of caffeine. A 5-Hour Energy Shot has twice as much as a Red Bull, and there are drinks like Spike Hardcore Energy that top out at about 350mg of caffeine per can.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“First of all, how much caffeine is contained in each energy drink is arranged in descending order of content. For reference, tablets are also described.

320mg (approx. 470ml):
Rockstar Energy Drink 2x
320mg (2 tablets): Zantrex3
224mg (approx. 470ml): NOS Energy Drink
208mg (about 56ml): 5-hour ENERGY
200mg (1 tablet): NoDoz
160mg (approx. 470ml) Monster Energy Drink
149mg (approx. 60ml): Stacker2 6 Hour Power
100mg (approx. 35ml): CLIF SHOT Energy Gel
100mg (1 tablet): Stay Alert Gum
80mg (approx. 250ml): Red Bull Energy Drink
60mg (approx. 2.4ml): MiO Liquid Water Enhancer
69mg (approx. 350ml): PEPSI MX
54mg (about 350ml): Mountain Dew
50mg (approx. 350ml): Starbucks Refreshers
50mg (1 sheet): Energy Sheets
47mg (about 350ml): Diet Coke
35mg (approx. 350ml): Coca-Cola

Synthetic caffeine is synthesized from urea (No. 1 in the image), which contains a large amount of nitrogen produced from ammonia. Urea is first converted to a drug such as methylamine and formic acid (No. 2), and then to theophylline with caffeine-like properties (No. 3). Finally, methylation of theophylline completes pure synthetic caffeine (No. 4).

Most of the caffeine is produced in China these days, and when you walk near the synthetic caffeine factory, it smells like cat pee.”

Lydie Baillie

I practically beg people to Not use them to clean their desk and floors. "You're essentially using re-labled toilet bowl cleaner on your Desk, the Floors, and the Counters, and Keyboards" What a waste of time, People look at me like I just shot their favorite pet.

My solution to the pollution is Dilution. Find the bottles, dump out 70-75% and re-fill w/H2O. (and shut-up)
Still, Co-Workers wonder Why I never get sick!
Great solution. Can't always apply it though.
Last 3 years, just walking into a store or boarding an airplane, I was assaulted with toxic fumes in the air, what they called sanitizing. Breathing that stuff is toxic. That's why the label of bathroom cleaners says to used in a well ventilated area...

Lydie Baillie

Hi fellow Peaters,
Not sure if this thread is still alive but I wanted to add insects ito the list of things in processed food .

Lydie Baillie

Another trend is that of including nanoparticules of metal in processed food to enhance them. Those metals are proving to upset the gut mucrobiome which is the starting point for most pathologies .Even some supplements carries them.

Just one more reminder to eat only what grows in the land and sea or lives on it.

supercoolguy

Great solution. Can't always apply it though.
Last 3 years, just walking into a store or boarding an airplane, I was assaulted with toxic fumes in the air, what they called sanitizing. Breathing that stuff is toxic. That's why the label of bathroom cleaners says to used in a well ventilated area...
Those labels use to indicate a much stronger warning, like the truth: ☠️CAUTION**POISON ☠️
But disparagement affects product perception/profit. So they flip the message around until it sounds better.

David PS

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals