Hiatal Hernia Self-adjustment Possibility?

Not talked about much here, but HHs can be brutal. They can contribute to heart palpitations, chest sensations, and much worse things possibly in the event it gets worse/bad enough.

I saw one video of a chiropractor (I think) adjusting the HH in a guy and the process looked simple -- much like just reaching under the ribs or in the solar plexus area, pushing down on a surface that gives, and rapidly pulling/pushing in a combinational movement to reposition the stomach.

I know there are sufferers of this who can only seek temporary solutions but permanent things can be tough. I am not sure if this problem can simply go away with thyroid supplementation as I know Ray thinks the problem is weak connective tissue that let's this problem actually be, well, a problem in the first place. But not sure if simply dosing T3 or something is going to be a miracle worker for everyone -- might take more experimenting. Either way, as per a mechanical issue, the adjustment possibility is basically down to imagination and I would guess also flexibility.

pepsi

One might try this.

I hope it works, surgery for hiatal hernias can be horrible, they use a mesh sometimes which can cause complications and get infected or do fundoplication and that can lead to complications.
I hope anyone who has a hiatal hernia can fix it naturally and not have to resort to surgery.

OP
MetabolicTrash
One might try this.

I hope it works, surgery for hiatal hernias can be horrible, they use a mesh sometimes which can cause complications and get infected or do fundoplication and that can lead to complications.
I hope anyone who has a hiatal hernia can fix it naturally and not have to resort to surgery.

Hmmm... Seems to just be the standard heel drop method, which many HH sufferers know of. Yeah, it can give relief temporarily, but once you change posture or lie down or bend over it is bound to reset again sooner or later. Since Ray attributes it to thyroid because of the association of it to digestive issues in general, it might make sense to agree with that and work from there if not for a purely mechanical and direct approach to it. I don't know if this will really fix the issue over time rather than temporarily alleviate it when standing/upright after doing it either.

Some get the worst effects when in bed or lying down, which the heel drop can't do much for since it only is more prominent when standing up. Foods sometimes flare it up so badly that this heel drop measure may not help much unless maybe you do it endlessly until you notice some relief.

In the video he instructs the woman to only do it 3 times, which is probably not enough in general I don't think to do much.

If you Google what I'm talking about you can probably find the video (since I can't recall which one exactly). The method I saw is completely different/more hands on, but looks difficult to perform on yourself but not impossible.

Last edited:

Ashoka

Not talked about much here, but HHs can be brutal. They can contribute to heart palpitations, chest sensations, and much worse things possibly in the event it gets worse/bad enough.

I saw one video of a chiropractor (I think) adjusting the HH in a guy and the process looked simple -- much like just reaching under the ribs or in the solar plexus area, pushing down on a surface that gives, and rapidly pulling/pushing in a combinational movement to reposition the stomach.

I know there are sufferers of this who can only seek temporary solutions but permanent things can be tough. I am not sure if this problem can simply go away with thyroid supplementation as I know Ray thinks the problem is weak connective tissue that let's this problem actually be, well, a problem in the first place. But not sure if simply dosing T3 or something is going to be a miracle worker for everyone -- might take more experimenting. Either way, as per a mechanical issue, the adjustment possibility is basically down to imagination and I would guess also flexibility.

I had what I believe was a hiatal hernia. A feeling the stomach was not emptying, constant palpitations, acid reflex, gas. It was ridiculous, and the solutions offered entirely inadequate. Recently it came back, probably only because I’m under stress from other health conditions. It was effectively gone for about three years.

I believe it’s often caused by bad posture, stress, general poor health and digestive issues, and improper breathing. Probably any one of those things can set it off.

I wasn’t able to breathe from my abdomen. I’ve had anxiety (and eventually anger issues) so long that I chronically tightened the area around my stomach and chest. I think that leads to altered function, eventually improper breathing and hyperventilating.

So I think it’s a good idea to practice breathing from the abdomen, and basically just expanding the depth and reach of your inhalation any way you can, and contracting the muscles as definitely and completely as you can on the exhale, at a slow relaxing pace, like a breathing exercise of sorts. I had to ask a few highly competent yoga instructors to figure out this would help. I can describe this in more detail if you want, but it’s not complicated. If you have anxiety, I think it kind of freezes abdominal muscles in a bad way that changes how one exhales, and this may lead to hiatal hernia.

It also helped me to sleep on the floor flat on my back, to keep the body elongated, because for me personally I believe most beds are uncomfortable, and I don’t have a fancy purple, casper, or leesa mattress. I actually find it more relaxing to sleep on the floor than a terrible, soft bed.

Also stressing about it probably won’t help. I’m in the same boat now because I have to deal with it again, but it’s a wakeup call to deal with my anxiety and health issues. I’ll let you know if I remember anything else.

Last edited:

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
I had what I believe was a hiatal hernia. A feeling the stomach was not emptying, constant palpitations, acid reflex, gas. It was ridiculous, and the solutions offered entirely inadequate. Recently it came back, probably only because I’m under stress from other health conditions. It was effectively gone for about three years.

I believe it’s often caused by bad posture, stress, general poor health and digestive issues, and improper breathing. Probably any one of those things can set it off.

I wasn’t able to breathe from my abdomen. I’ve had anxiety (and eventually anger issues) so long that I chronically tightened the area around my stomach and chest. I think that leads to altered function, eventually improper breathing and hyperventilating.

So I think it’s a good idea to practice breathing from the abdomen, and basically just expanding the depth and reach of your inhalation any way you can, and contracting the muscles as definitely and completely as you can on the exhale, at a slow relaxing pace, like a breathing exercise of sorts. I had to ask a few highly competent yoga instructors to figure out this would help. I can describe this in more detail if you want, but it’s not complicated. If you have anxiety, I think it kind of freezes abdominal muscles in a bad way that changes how one exhales, and this may lead to hiatal hernia.

It also helped me to sleep on the floor flat on my back, to keep the body elongated, because for me personally I believe most beds are uncomfortable, and I don’t have a fancy purple, casper, or leesa mattress. I actually find it more relaxing to sleep on the floor than a terrible, soft bed.

Also stressing about it probably won’t help. I’m in the same boat now because I have to deal with it again, but it’s a wakeup call to deal with my anxiety and health issues. I’ll let you know if I remember anything else.

I'm having some severe GERD symptoms and the Dr thinks a Hiatal Hernia is likey. I also think stress/posture/breathing are the main cause. Thank you for sharing!

Ashoka

I'm having some severe GERD symptoms and the Dr thinks a Hiatal Hernia is likey. I also think stress/posture/breathing are the main cause. Thank you for sharing!

This issue went away for me about as quickly as it returned. So I am going to say I think all those things are involved and people can easily try be proactive about it. Hope your symptoms get much better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals