hi from ex-stoner james

goodandevil

Hi everyone. Very nice forum you have hear,im excited to participate in it. I've followed.the standard trajectory of sad=> wap/mercola => peat. I want to lower my cholesterol, ky improving thyoid function, manage by cannabis withdrawal, and maybe keep my hair. I also.have had a bad pelvic floor condition for some time. Im hoping by minimizing stress hormones, &etc, I can shorten my withdrawal period, which is considerable in thkse sucb as myself who have been smokers for some. Im very interested in individual counter-culture. God bless.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Welcome goodandevil, forum member haidut posted a study about pregnenolone and cannabis. I'll search the forum and see if I can find it for you!

tara

:welcome james

pboy

there is no cannabis withdrawal. What you feel is your normal state. Cannabis just helps you overcome that

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Thank you blossom for the study, very interesting! And thank you all for making me feel welcome.

Chaga

Hi goodandevil, I'm curious about your pelvic floor condition-- what does that entail? I too am here for the relief of cannabis withdrawal and reversing hair loss (I'm 24 with diffuse hair loss)

pboy

the cure for cannabis withdrawal is either to smoke more or take a nap. If you still have problems after that, they are just your problems in life. The fool insults cannabis, really, its like biting the hand that feeds you. Its shameful and admitting some kind of sell out. Overcome the people that would punish you for using it, that's the real task at hand. Its no coincidence societies basically have become more authoritarian and robotic, people less connected to their body, heart, and nature, more slave to the corporations, schools, media, and all that, as cannabis became more illegal and punishable. The exact time in US history the facist systems from Europe took over, cannabis was becoming illegal. Have you seen the reefer madness stuff? wake up dude. Its probably the only herb powerful enough to pierce through any and everything that would corrupt your being, including your most closest and long lasting, and widespread bondages

this is just a warning and a hint to you, but cannabis forgives you if you decide to develop nuts and use it to your benefit

kingofthedrews

pboy I'm curious if you have a preference for certain strains; sativas, indicas, hybrids, etc. I currently live in Cali and have my card and have access to pretty much any strain I want. I am constantly experimenting with different strains, looking for that perfect one that does what I want it to do and makes me feel how I want to feel. Right now it seems a sativa-dominant hybrid with Jack Herer in it's lineage is perfect for daytime use, lifting my depression and anxiety, and leaving me clear-headed with no burnrout when it wears off. I'm still struggling to find a good nighttime Indica to help with my insomnia. I've found a few good Kush's that work to put me to sleep, but I usually still wake in the night and feel kind of burnt-out in the morning. This could also be related to what foods I eat before I sleep.

Just curious what your preferences were with this herb.

pboy

not quite sure, but the ones that have a more fruity flowery fragrance over the skunky are preferred. If people have problems with fatigue from it, first of all it might not be the cannabis, its probably just fatigue in general, but what you can do is only smoke at night, that's actually the most natural role of cannabis. You go through your day with full fire, then at night you reflect on it and pass out as it wears off. If used during the day its best to take one very small puff only a few times, that's the best way to maintain full awareness with its benefit. The higher THC is probably...rather, THC ratio is actually probably the best, so probably sattivas. Its not a huge difference either way, its kind of just like...some bs people talk about to seem 'medical' and like...some garbage. Just go for a mainline neutral one

Chaga

I use marijuana for the most part at night. It leaves me groggy the next day, and slightly nervous and emotionally sensitive. My thinking isn't as clear and focused and I don't have that fire.

When I've abstained for a week or so things seem to correct themselves but then seem to over-correct. I usually end up returning to it after a month or two at most. Usually within a week or two.

Besides those downsides I love cannabis and if its a strain issue I would definitely be interested in some suggestions.

According to Ray Peat marijuana is estrogenic. Slight suspicion my somewhat-unique reaction to marijuana is thyroid-related.

pboy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbjHOBJzhb0

if that isn't propaganda what is, watch that high if you want a good laugh...but really, that's the kind of people that took over the country in the 20's-30's, adopting the system from facist Europe...the whole school system changed to the Prussian authoritatian thing we have now, medicine and science got taken over by military interest, and federal reserve took over the government and nations money, and basically the FDA, FBI, all of that, got overrun with cronies. Not to be pecimistic its just basic facts

pboy

it definitely isn't estrogenic, whats really going on is that it probably raises testosterone a lot, and all the precursors...which leaves you sensitive to aromatase and then potentially higher estrogen. That's why when you smoke naturally you want to be away from toxic people and places. Its like it dilates your being and you get really sensitive, which is equally beautiful as it can be making you vulnerable. IN that same sense that's why it is such a good teacher, it exposes everything as either something beautiful or something that's inherently grotesque or has such qualities, people included...in a huge way.

Its the same thing as people saying it makes them nervous or promotes cortisol like feelings. Its actual nature is the opposite, but you have to fully embrace it. If you have any fears about it or think you are being sinful or 'bad' or 'doing drugs' or buy into any of the stuff perported, it will raise your stress and make you anxious and all of that. If you embrace the beauty it is, and trust it above trusting authoritrians or offensive people, estrogenic people, then its the best teacher there is and it will protect your integrity

Chaga

Man, I don't know who to believe. What you say sounds awesome and makes sense but then I hear all of this other, conflicting information. Even my personal experience is conflicting evidence for its use!

EmmBee

Chaga said:
Man, I don't know who to believe. What you say sounds awesome and makes sense but then I hear all of this other, conflicting information. Even my personal experience is conflicting evidence for its use!
Ain't that the truth!

sugar daddy

Hi goodandevil :cool:

Glad you've found your way here as I think following general peat ideas the best thing you can do for all your issues.

Pboy give the guy a break don't tell him to carry on using a substance he no longer feels is beneficial.

As an ex stoner myself I think Cannabis and other psychedelic drugs have some very useful effects espiecially changing perspectives and helping break free from authoritarian mindsets.

However I no longer believe that cannabis use is something that is very helpful 24/7 as is the case with most stoners. Smoking ganja should be something that is done when the right moment is at hand not the first thing you reach for out of habit.

I think that while it can bring great insights I would no longer use it daily than I would take shrooms daily.
Maybe you should grow a pair and have a little more compassion and put your glass away for a while - you might gain some perspective?

Blinkyrocket

What if the only side effect to certain things like sugar or marijuana or tobacco is the thought in the back of your mind that you're doing something wrong, what if the small amount of people who eat moderate PUFA or are even hypothyroid lived long because they were never exposed to the "fact" that both those things were unhealthy? So, the same thing can be said for stuff that is inherently healthy, I mean the placebo effect works both ways, I heard a story about a guy who got trapped in a refridgerated train car and he thought he was gonna freeze to death so guess what happened... he froze to death, BUT the train car's refridgerator unit was BROKEN... How about THAT?!

sugar daddy

the body needs sugar for the cells to function properly how you get them the sugar is your choice.

the body doesn't need cannabis or tobacco to work.

I never thought that using cannabis was wrong and still don't but don't be deluded that you need it or that it can never have a bad effect on you.

I find the idea that pboy suggests that it saves you from your normal self and that if you have a problem with it it's because your in some way weak or brainwashed a bit wrong. (and fascist)

I know where he's coming from as I used to think the same way but nearly 30 years of experience have changed my opinion.

Blinkyrocket

sugar daddy said:
the body needs sugar for the cells to function properly how you get them the sugar is your choice.

the body doesn't need cannabis or tobacco to work.

I never thought that using cannabis was wrong and still don't but don't be deluded that you need it or that it can never have a bad effect on you.

I find the idea that pboy suggests that it saves you from your normal self and that if you have a problem with it it's because your in some way weak or brainwashed a bit wrong. (and fascist)

I know where he's coming from as I used to think the same way but nearly 30 years of experience have changed my opinion.
Doesn't need caffeine to work either -_- . Even B vitamins have "drug-like" actions at high doses. Besides, I'm not deluded, I just find that pboy's insights are always fascinating and if what he does is what helps him fabricate his "far out" thoughts then sign me up :P I'm cautious about marijuana (it's still illegal in Kansas anyway, I think) but I haven't ruled out trying tobacco.

Oh, and I'm not talking about self-inflicted condemnation necessarily, even if YOU never thought smoking pot was wrong, you we're exposed to the media and other ppl who would think that it is wrong and you would therefore be an outsider no matter what, cuz you can't change their minds, only they can change their minds.

Blinkyrocket

If I'm miserable right now (and am at risk for glaucoma, hey hey ;) ) and I started smoking marijuana and then stopped and got mad because I was "withdrawing" would i not think of what brought me to marijuana in the first place and think.... nothing's changed? We notice change in our lives and if it changes for the worst we always think this is the worst day of my life but then you gotta look back and see that "oh yeah, this is nowhere near as bad as blah blah" at least it's like that for me.

For instance, yesterday was "the worst day of my life" until I think of the time that my symptoms very closely matched Serotonin Syndrome, racing heart and confusion (just think, not knowing where you are or what the crap is happening while at the same time knowing exactly where you are) I couldn't sleep and my heart rate was above 100 all the time, I would finally fall asleep at 6 am and wake up with my back so sore and tense there was no possible way to stand up straight and I'm not being hyperbolic with that, I thought I was gonna die every second of every day until I realized I was barely eating 1200 calories a day and increased that.

Yesterday was dangerously close to that feeling again, but I've got my homemade ginger ale on hand now, hopefully ward it off until I can start sleeping on a normal schedule again.

Back
Top Bottom