Hi Everyone

Bluebell

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd come and say hello to you good people.

I've been peating around 3 months now. I totally love it. The best thing for me is that I can eat all my fave foods and still be "on diet".

I love tea, coffee, coke, sugar! Also things like potato, liver, shellfish so I'm pretty happy about that.

I'm trying to stick to it as strictly as I can to start with. That way I'll know that any health changes were due to the diet. I'm totally Peat eating apart from when I go out, and even then I'll make more Peaty choices.

Another thing I like is that I don't feel deprived at all, and don't want to "cheat" with PUFAs, fish etc. I think that's a good sign, as my body isn't asking me for other foods.

The hardest thing about this diet --- I'm finding it hard to have to eat so often. I don't mind, but I am putting on some weight.

Before Peat, I didn't realise how unhealthy is was not to eat. I would just drink tea/coffee and forget to eat for long periods of time. So it's an adjustment I'm still trying to get used to. I also enjoy the feeling of say, eating lunch, then waiting 4 hours for dinner and being so hungry that I really love the taste of it. Hunger makes you really enjoy your food.

That's all for now, thanks for listening. I've got a question so I'm off to the help section to ask it!

Bluebell

OP
Bluebell

Bluebell

Thanks Jenn. Wow I didn't realise that small amount would be acceptable. I understand the regular eating is important to keep liver glycogen stores high.

In that case, maybe I'll just keep a bottle of salted OJ on me, and take a couple of sips every hour. Then eat 3 regular meals plus a bedtime snack.

I have to say I also find it too easy to eat too much sugar (too many calories), I think that's also why I'm putting on weight.

Jenn

Actually, sugar helps increase your metabolism. You could be eating too much because you think you need to instead of because you need the nutrients. When I first started, I kept a battle of half OJ half/club soda with extra minerals added next to me. My appetite went way down because I was getting MORE nutrition with less food than I had gotten in a long time.

Mittir

If you are gaining weight it means you are getting more calories than you can use.
Simply cut your calorie intake. You can use cronometer to measure your calorie intake.
There are online calculators that will give your calorie requirement based on your height,
weight and activity. Once you know your calorie intake then you simply break it down to
several meals. If someone has very strong liver he/she don't need to eat every 2-3 hours.
Small frequent meal ( carb and protein, may be some oil) is essential for people with blood sugar problems.
Idea is to keep blood glucose level steady with minimal insulin response.
Higher insulin increases fat accumulation.

OP
Bluebell

Bluebell

Jenn said:
Actually, sugar helps increase your metabolism. You could be eating too much because you think you need to instead of because you need the nutrients. When I first started, I kept a battle of half OJ half/club soda with extra minerals added next to me. My appetite went way down because I was getting MORE nutrition with less food than I had gotten in a long time.

Yeah, I know sugar increases it. I think basically because I'm eating so often, the calories are adding up cos I'm not reducing the amounts accordingly.

What minerals did you add?

OP
Bluebell

Bluebell

Mittir said:
If you are gaining weight it means you are getting more calories than you can use.
Simply cut your calorie intake. You can use cronometer to measure your calorie intake.
There are online calculators that will give your calorie requirement based on your height,
weight and activity. Once you know your calorie intake then you simply break it down to
several meals. If someone has very strong liver he/she don't need to eat every 2-3 hours.
Small frequent meal ( carb and protein, may be some oil) is essential for people with blood sugar problems.
Idea is to keep blood glucose level steady with minimal insulin response.
Higher insulin increases fat accumulation.

Hi Mittir, yep I used cronometer for about a month at the start. I'm just eating too many cals!

I'm quite tempted to go back to 3 meals a day and a snack at badtime, as I don't have blood sugar problems that I know of (in terms of symptoms).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom