Hey Haidut was wondering if there is an association between testosterone and thyroid production, and quick wittedness and humor.

VitD

Some of the people that seem to have the highest androgen levels I know, seem to have the quickest wits and are clever, they are fast responders with their words with something witty to say and have a decent sense of humor, as if nothing really upsets them from a joke or even if someone says something off putting they can just brush it off and not be emotionally stunted. They always have warm hands when I shake their hands. So, I am hypothesizing it’s a solid thyroid production with maybe optimal androgen levels?! Any insight on this would be awesome.

Jessie

Yes, there is absolutely a connection. Low thyroid can be directly responsible for low androgens.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Some of the people that seem to have the highest androgen levels I know, seem to have the quickest wits and are clever, they are fast responders with their words with something witty to say and have a decent sense of humor, as if nothing really upsets them from a joke or even if someone says something off putting they can just brush it off and not be emotionally stunted. They always have warm hands when I shake their hands. So, I am hypothesizing it’s a solid thyroid production with maybe optimal androgen levels?! Any insight on this would be awesome.
Yes both thyroid and androgens. Both optimize neurological health and brain glucose oxidation.

Thyroid promotes testosterone and DHT production and testosterone enhances T4 to T3 conversion. So both work in synergy.

Healthseeker

i dont think its the levels of androgens. But, there is something to it. And, I'd like to know.