Hey, Anybody Hear About This? It Increases Nitric Oxide

Neeters 27

I disagree with Peat on NO. until I started on Estrogen, and I take a powdered beet supplement my blood pressure was sky high PLUS I simply could not reach orgasm, ever, since menopause. Once I added estrogen and beets to my regimen, all is good. very good...

Giraffe

Raising my Nitric Oxide saved MY life. I can only speak for MYSELF. Lifelong stress and panic attacks and bad life situations causing traumatic stress, endless... and then drinking a lot (I stopped drinking BTW as alcohol more than 1 shot will deplete your N.O. badly).

I experimented with taking L-Ornithine after reading an Amazon review where a guy said he felt better and more confident when taking it, that he didn't seem to care so much about every little thing to torture himself with. So I tried it with THAT in mind. I had no idea a SPECK, I mean a SPECK of it would give me the reaction I got *immediately* : (I must have been depleted in N.O. - I have MANY health issues, BTW - mostly Salicylate Intolerance which ruins everything with the body).... The CONSTANT pressure in the back of my head released, finally! I wondered if I had a tumor in my head or what the heck WAS that weird feeling that only released when I'd take a SPECK of pot (hint: little amounts of pot raise your Nitric Oxide). Next was this absolutely fascinating experience that only happened 2 or 3 times until the N.O. levels got back up in my system. I felt like cool water was going through my veins. This went on for a few minutes. Then I literally and clearly felt a swirling of hot and cold air in my deep sinuses. It was so amazing! THAT only happened once. No, I wasn't high. I rarely smoke, and if you knew what a speck of pot I do you'd insist there's no way it does anything to me at all (think the size of the "O" on your keyboard).

So whenever i feel tension in my neck, head and body, when I feel stressed and like I'm "stuck", I take L-Ornithine and it takes it away. The other week I experiented with taking much more than I usually do (still far below the allowed amount, I'm just highly sensitive) and my whole sinus felt really weird for a few days afterwards. As if it was all really open and burning a little. I noticed the inside of my nostril was bright red and it alarmed me, but I assumed that everything was hyper "open" as NO does to the blood vessles. Ever since then? My sinuses are SO CLEAR feeling, no constant every 5 seconds Kleenex needed to blow my nose, no snot, it's all so wild!

I tried L-Arginine and it made me feel weird. I also tried L-Citrulline and while much better, I find my body likes L-Ornithine best for some reason. The 3 are the different stages of turning into Nitric Oxide. I believe L-Ornithine is the 1st stage? OH, and anothe rthing I noticed 15 minutes after taking my 1st dode of it.. my skin on my legs felt softer. I have/had skin disorder where my dermatologist said I have "hard skin". I quickly did research to see if i was imagining things (I knew I wasn't) and sure enough, L-Ornithine/Nitric oxide strongly affects the skin.

My suggestion, and I am not a doctor, is to try a little, cheaply bought online - I did the powder version - and see if you feel better. Heck, they are selling $$$ N.O. boosters via "Beet Juice" and the danged things STILL have L-Arginine in them. Lots of vitamins and minerals boost N.O. I maybe have a defect that my N.O. is low randomly because I can take a vitamin or food that raises it and I can feel it within a minute. I'll ask "google" if that item raises N.O., and every time it does. It's a very loosening, freeing, light, open feeling I get in my head/sinus/neck/body.

God luck. You're mileage will vary. And TOO MUCH N.O. is very harmful lto cells. But you can also die from drinking too much water. So there's that ;)

Ornithine is involved in the urea cycle. It helps to dispose of excess nitrogen. The good results you had may have been from lowering ammonia in the blood. There are safer ways to do it.

Related threads:

HeyThere

Ornithine is involved in the urea cycle. It helps to dispose of excess nitrogen. The good results you had may have been from lowering ammonia in the blood. There are safer ways to do it.

Related threads:

Indeed. But I get the exact same result from L-Citrulline which I also take. I get the same NO raise from vitamins and minerals and certain NO raising foods. It's the exact same sensation.

Giraffe

Indeed. But I get the exact same result from L-Citrulline which I also take. I get the same NO raise from vitamins and minerals and certain NO raising foods. It's the exact same sensation.

It won't hurt you to look into ammonia and the urea cycle.

HeyThere

I wrote "indeed", which means I know about the whole Krebs Cycle :) I'm sure it helped in that aspect as well, but the immediate (within minutes) opening of my veins isn't ammonia, that's NO.

Giraffe

I wrote "indeed", which means I know about the whole Krebs Cycle :) I'm sure it helped in that aspect as well, but the immediate (within minutes) opening of my veins isn't ammonia, that's NO.
You mentioned citrulline which is also involved in the urea cycle. This confused me. That you now mention the Krebs cycle confuses me even more. Anyway. Have a good day!

HeyThere

You mentioned citrulline which is also involved in the urea cycle. This confused me. That you now mention the Krebs cycle confuses me even more. Anyway. Have a good day!""

The Krebs Uric Acid Cycle: A Forgotten Krebs Cycle​

The Krebs Uric Acid Cycle: A Forgotten Krebs Cycle​

Jack G Salway 1
Affiliations expand

Abstract​

Hans Kornberg wrote a paper entitled 'Krebs and his trinity of cycles' commenting that every school biology student knows of the Krebs cycle, but few know that Krebs discovered two other cycles. These are (i) the ornithine cycle (urea cycle), (ii) the citric acid cycle (tricarboxylic acid or TCA cycle), and (iii) the glyoxylate cycle that was described by Krebs and Kornberg. Ironically, Kornberg, codiscoverer of the 'glyoxylate cycle', overlooked a fourth Krebs cycle - (iv) the uric acid cycle.
Keywords: Krebs cycle; avian; nitrogenous waste; uric acid cycle; uricotelic.

HeyThere

Which foods raise NO for you @HeyThere . Thanks

Definitely honey, it's within a minute I can feel it, and strongly. Watermelon (it is L-Citrulline after all). I'm trying to think of more but I just notice it as it happens randomly. I noticed it when i take GSE and stuff as well.

A

Adf

If you think Dr. Ray Peat has everything 100% correct you have ruled out the idea that he could be wrong and that no future science will upturn his current believes and leave no room for error. We do not call that science we call it religion, dogma or maybe ideology. The problem we find ourselves in in the last 3 years is that we can not question the science or those that have interpreted the science for us. We can not ask old questions or new questions that violate the current narrative! Medicine did include leeches, maggots', sugar and bread poultices and mustard plasters. Some of those are making a come back in wound care. Gone are the days of drinking kerosene and whisky which was actually what we would today call Turpentine and whisky.

Perfectly summed up! This is precisely how science should be. Nothing is a matter of fact, but unfortunately most people in the general public are brainwashed to treat the science research paper/study as gospel.

The below video shows how dangerous and in fact ignorant and stupid it is, to treat a scientific study, specifically in the field of medicine, as a matter of fact. To sum it up..
- There's no official system in the biggest Journals to fact check published research
- It is easy for a researcher to get a fabricated and false paper published
- Once published, it can take years, even decades to be investigated
- The biggest frauds ousted in this video have 2/3rds or 3/4ths of their fabricated work pulled down. Not all of it.
- The fabricated study is then referenced and cited in potentially thousands of other research papers that come after it, by other researchers who don't know it's fabricated.
- This effectively makes any conclusion to those other studies that use the fraudulent research worthless.
- 1 fabricated study can negatively impact thousands that come after it.
- The only people who investigate the fraud are well meaning researchers, who investigate on their own time, on their on dime, and some universities who must hold themselves to a high degree of integrity.
- Potentially as much as 40% of surveyed researchers have personally witnessed fraud that was unreported.

Now, when you have so much potential for fraud how can you truly know the study you are reading is not fabricated, false, or using information from citing a fabricated or false paper?

As you suggest, the only study you can truly trust is the one you conduct on yourself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals