Hepatic Detoxification of Bisphenol A is Retinoid Dependent

haidut

Forum Supporter

...and, likely, metabolic-rate-dependent.

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

...and, likely, metabolic-rate-dependent.

I came to the conclusion that BPA and the like should be avoided like the plague.
Incredible amount of research linking it directly to everything from thyroid disruption to asthma.
Not to mention the yet unidentified endocrine disruptors.
In just 3 days of avoiding bottled water, canned food, milk in carton and everything plastic my BPH symptoms resolved and my lingering cough went away.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I came to the conclusion that BPA and the like should be avoided like the plague.
Incredible amount of research linking it directly to everything from thyroid disruption to asthma.
In just 3 days of avoiding bottled water, canned food, milk in carton and everything plastic my BPH symptoms resolved and my lingering cough went away.

Fully agree. That's why I said in that thread on EDC in bottled water that if we (humanity) do not figure out how to drastically reduce usage of EDC-containing materials we are doomed as species. Infertility and cancer from EDC alone will do us in within a generation.

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

Fully agree. That's why I said in that thread on EDC in bottled water that if we (humanity) do not figure out how to drastically reduce usage of EDC-containing materials we are doomed as species. Infertility and cancer from EDC alone will do us in within a generation.

What you're saying may sound as an exaggeration but it's not.
The amount of research already available is mind boggling. And it is high profile research at government levels, not done by some independent contrarian scientists.
It looks like some people are genuinely interested in resolving the issue. The cost in healthcare caused by EDCs is estimated to be in the hundreds of billions - but that goes straight into pharma execs' pockets. So I doubt anything will be done about it.

There are many viable ways to neutralize EDCs in wastewater. For example the edible mushroom Pleurotus ostreatus readily degrades more than 95% of EDCs.
And this can be done even with the spent substrate (the soil-like material remaining after a crop of mushrooms).

mosaic01

Oral supplementation with retinyl acetate restored phase I and phase II enzyme activities, but accelerated BPA-induced oxidative damage through enhancement of non-mitochondrial ROS production. Thus, the activities of the enzymes involved in the hepatic elimination of BPA require hepatic retinoid stores. The extent of hepatic damage that arises from acute BPA intoxication is directly affected by retinoid administration during the period of BPA exposure and hepatic retinoid stores that have accumulated over the lifetime of the organism.

The study doesn't show that retinol is essential to detox BPA. It showed that the body considers retinoids a poison in itself, and BPA onyl a poison when there are retinol stores in the liver it can interact with.

In other words: No retinol stores = no BPA damage = no need to get rid of it quickly.

It's remarkable. The researchers discovered that the damage is completely dependent on retinol stores, and completely twist the conclusions.

Last edited:

Makrosky

How do you manage to avoid bottled water (faucet one is usually full of ugly stuff) and milk in carton?

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

How do you manage to avoid bottled water (faucet one is usually full of ugly stuff) and milk in carton?
I have an under sink RO system but I use the water mostly for cooking and I don't drink much on it's own, although lately I'm experimenting with magnetized water - south, north and combined.
It's the newly manufactured plastics that leach the most chemicals. After several reuses a plastic bottle stops leaching and is safer to use.
Water bottled in plastic becomes a potent homeopathic solution of endocrine disruptors, increased by the shaking during transport, loading, unloading etc. That's why researchers are unable to identify the chemicals but when they apply the water to cell cultures it promotes cancer growth. If you boil it, this information gets erased and only the actual chemicals will remain.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals