Hemp Oil?

J

j.

Is this the thing?

Hemp Seed Oil

The oil contained in the hemp seed is 75-80% polyunsaturated fatty acids (the good fats) and only 9-11% of the lesser desired saturated fatty acids.

Link

OP
M

mas

Hi J

The technical name is CANNABIDOL (CBD from industrial hemp) hemp here cannabas

Wikipedia:
Hemp (from Old English hænep) is a commonly used term for high growing varieties of the Cannabis plant and its products, which include fiber, oil, and seed. Oil from Cannabis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hemp oil or hempseed oil is obtained by pressing hemp seeds. Cold pressed, unrefined hemp oil is dark to clear light green in color, with a nutty flavor. This is the edible oil to place on foods. No Cannabis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quite confusing, but the CBD oil for pain relief is from cannabis. People say that there is no "high" at all from the topical use of this oil.

J

j.

I think an important question is how many daily grams of PUFA you would take to get the stated benefits, and how long you would have to do it.

mt_dreams

Cannabis contains both THC (mind buzz/relief), and CBD (body buzz/relief). Hemp stalks contain roughly 10-20% of the CBD as cannabis, and contains no THC. I would find out how much PUFA is in this CANNABIDOL product. If it's pure hemp oil (containing the CBD) then you're putting pure PUFA into your body. It probably does what it says it does as it comes from a sacred plant, but if you're trying to cut as as much PUFA as possible, this wouldn't help the situation.

paper_clips43

There are probably ways of extracting the pure CBD with out most of the PUFA now or least there soon should be.
Also smokable CBD strains and CBD oils are out there and extracts made in alcohol or glycerin. Maybe even topical salves could be made with coconut oil.
CBD looks very promising and I personally have witnessed a few close friends who praise its benefits.
Im healthy with out it now though and see no need for it personally.

If CBD ingestion is desired hemp oil is probably the worst way to do it if following a PUFA free diet.

Allen Knecht DC

Yes, There is a way to extract the CBD and high levels of Terpenes from the cannibis plant with liquid CO2 extraction into h20 with no PUFA :))
Check out my friend and patient's business: www.cannabisangels.com
Dr. Allen Knecht

chelle86

Thank you Allen -
I am familiar with cannabisangels.com and will study this further!

mr.mag

Hemp flowers are extracted using CO2. Feel free to research Super Critically CO2 extracted CBD oil for more info. I then slowly infuse the oil into MCT coconut oil.
Another method we do for lower dosage tinctures includes a slow extraction using Hemp flowers straight into MCT coconut oil.
[email protected]

veritas

Hemp flowers are extracted using CO2. Feel free to research Super Critically CO2 extracted CBD oil for more info. I then slowly infuse the oil into MCT coconut oil.
Another method we do for lower dosage tinctures includes a slow extraction using Hemp flowers straight into MCT coconut oil.
[email protected]

Thanks. I found this: A Guide To Supercritical CO2 Extraction Of Cannabis Oil - Hemp Gazette

It seems like a complicated and process. If you (or anyone) could point me in the direction of a safe (permits, test results publicly available, good reviews) brand that uses this extraction process, that would be helpful. Thanks again.

magnesiumania

Hemp seed and protein powder is high in PUFA, is that right? Whole foods like hemp has nutrients that stabilize PUFA, like magnesium and vitamin E....is every small amout a worry?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals