Hemorrhoids - Quick Question

M

member 2106

Do enlarged internal hemorrhoids eventually reduce in size? Or do they need to be surgically/non-surgically removed?

I've not been able to find a clear answer to this. I have developed an enlarged internal hemorrhoid, which is causing me a bit of discomfort, but I need to know whether it's likely to shrink at some point, as long as I avoid straining, constipation, have warm baths, etc.

Thank you.

yes they reduce and go away.

I found that certain foods were making mine a problem. They have been gone for years. I also had rectal bleeding but that is gone too. To this day, I feel things in my butt if they are inflammatory so it is a canary in the coal mine so to speak. But hemorrhoids are long gone.

OP
M

member 2106

Well, that is a relief. The last thing I want is is to involve a doctor.

I think mine are related to pelvic floor dysfunction, and so I'm hoping that attending to that condition as much as possible will shrink the piles.

when we were kids, we had one speed bikes and we had to stand on the pedals and "pump" to go up hills. That activity strengthens the pelvic floor like nothing else and is proven to work. You can set the tension high on a stationary bike and do this, and it will help tremendously.

Also for awhile I found that psyillium helped the 'roids heal. I got hooked on it and finally stopped and played with diet.

I also think that phages may help a lot. Or small doses of penicillin or similar, now and then. And of course daily carrot salad.

OP
M

member 2106

when we were kids, we had one speed bikes and we had to stand on the pedals and "pump" to go up hills. That activity strengthens the pelvic floor like nothing else and is proven to work. You can set the tension high on a stationary bike and do this, and it will help tremendously.

Also for awhile I found that psyillium helped the 'roids heal. I got hooked on it and finally stopped and played with diet.

I also think that phages may help a lot. Or small doses of penicillin or similar, now and then. And of course daily carrot salad.

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to have a raw carrot now. My problem is, I think, an overactive pelvic floor, which means chronic tension in that area (and may even be the cause of my varicocele). So for now I think whatever I can do to reduce tension SHOULD improve the hemorrhoids.

Making sure you have at least 2 bowel movements a day is important( I think just one a day may not be enough)

Malris

I get severe hemorrhoids when I eat certain grains, primarily rice and corn. It starts the day after a serving of, say, coconut oil corn chips, and the swelling can go for a couple days after it starts. If I avoid those two grains, the hemorrhoids mostly go away.

I would suggest keeping a food diary and tracking the incidents with a lag of 1-2 days.

Interestingly, I was able to make it "safe" for me to eat rice by eating a half cup or so a day for several days (my wife is Asian, so it's a little hard to avoid rice sometimes.) After about four or five days, the swelling started to go down and the hemorrhoids went away soon after. In an ideal world, I'd rather avoid the rice, but it was pretty neat that it worked.

for me it's peanuts, beans which are 100% off limits...and to some extent tomatoes, eggplant, and peppers, although I can tolerate these in small amounts if not too often.

I used to eat wheat germ and this made it much worse. And in the recent years everything got much better, 100% better, and I can tolerate wheat and corn and popcorn pretty well which I could not even 2 years ago.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals