Helps to understand- Psychiatric patient- orphenadrine, the only drug that helped with hallucinations and generalized pain.

WillB

Can someone help me understand what orphenadrine is doing.
I suffer from severe food sensitivities, it doesn't cause me physical problems, but food causes me mental reactions shortly after eating (hallucinations, visual distortions), I went to the allergist, she said that this is common in some autistics.. It's been a long time since I suffer from these problems that my vision has already acquired a psychedelic tone. I say this because I still have memories of what it was like to see the world normally (I've had eye exams)
I took a series of antipsychotics, without success:
risperidone
haloperidol
Quietiapine
clozapine
clopromazine
levopromazine
I took others intravenously, during the use of these drugs I could not sleep even with the use of benzodiazepines.

After a while I asked for pain medication, because I couldn't walk anymore, without success. During that time I was afraid to leave the house, because every time the voices kept pushing me in front of the cars
Cymbalta
amitriptyline
gabapentin
pregabalin
codein
baclofen
cyclobenzaprine

The first medication that I felt any improvement in the mental issue was promethazine, but it required a high dosage and left me sedated.
In terms of pain, it was clonidine, but it was not enough, sometimes I felt like I was going to fall; but for a time it was what sustained some sanity.

I recently discovered orphenadrine, immediately after taking it I feel a massive reduction in brain stimulation, and my visceral pain has decreased tremendously, along with the heightened perception I have. The side effect is that it makes me drowsy, but I'm guessing reducing clonidine makes it better.

Eberhardt

Can someone help me understand what orphenadrine is doing.
I suffer from severe food sensitivities, it doesn't cause me physical problems, but food causes me mental reactions shortly after eating (hallucinations, visual distortions), I went to the allergist, she said that this is common in some autistics.. It's been a long time since I suffer from these problems that my vision has already acquired a psychedelic tone. I say this because I still have memories of what it was like to see the world normally (I've had eye exams)
I took a series of antipsychotics, without success:
risperidone
haloperidol
Quietiapine
clozapine
clopromazine
levopromazine
I took others intravenously, during the use of these drugs I could not sleep even with the use of benzodiazepines.

After a while I asked for pain medication, because I couldn't walk anymore, without success. During that time I was afraid to leave the house, because every time the voices kept pushing me in front of the cars
Cymbalta
amitriptyline
gabapentin
pregabalin
codein
baclofen
cyclobenzaprine

The first medication that I felt any improvement in the mental issue was promethazine, but it required a high dosage and left me sedated.
In terms of pain, it was clonidine, but it was not enough, sometimes I felt like I was going to fall; but for a time it was what sustained some sanity.

I recently discovered orphenadrine, immediately after taking it I feel a massive reduction in brain stimulation, and my visceral pain has decreased tremendously, along with the heightened perception I have. The side effect is that it makes me drowsy, but I'm guessing reducing clonidine makes it better.
Sorry to hear that. How is your diet and suplementation? Are you sleeping?

OP
W

WillB

Sorry to hear that. How is your diet and suplementation? Are you sleeping?
I can't eat too much or too much variety. I get sick after eating animal protein and most starches make me short of breath, I'm just eating papayas and grapes. I can sleep normally as clonidine makes me sleepy and sedated. I do not know what to do.

Lilac

I am interested when I hear "hallucinations" because my mother (age 86, then again at 90) suffered from these. Her related problems were stress, migraine, and gut issues. She came out them eventually and her mind is excellent.

In talking to relatives about her condition, I heard that my mother's siblings also experienced hallucinations. Her brother, dying of cancer, hallucinated in the late stages. Her sister, suffering from dementia, had hallucinations. Her youngest sister, about 82, had severe gut issues and the same type of hallucinations as my mother: seeing people in the room but knowing that they were not real and were indeed hallucinations. This aunt eventually got a diagnosis of celiac disease. She went off wheat and her gut issues improved and the hallucinations stopped.

Perhaps your gut needs (more?) healing. Or perhaps you need thyroid supplementation. From my mother's and aunt's experience, I personally would stay far away from any drug working on the brain. Good luck.

OP
W

WillB

I am interested when I hear "hallucinations" because my mother (age 86, then again at 90) suffered from these. Her related problems were stress, migraine, and gut issues. She came out them eventually and her mind is excellent.

In talking to relatives about her condition, I heard that my mother's siblings also experienced hallucinations. Her brother, dying of cancer, hallucinated in the late stages. Her sister, suffering from dementia, had hallucinations. Her youngest sister, about 82, had severe gut issues and the same type of hallucinations as my mother: seeing people in the room but knowing that they were not real and were indeed hallucinations. This aunt eventually got a diagnosis of celiac disease. She went off wheat and her gut issues improved and the hallucinations stopped.

Perhaps your gut needs (more?) healing. Or perhaps you need thyroid supplementation. From my mother's and aunt's experience, I personally would stay far away from any drug working on the brain. Good luck.
Yes, I also didn't have success with antipsychotic drugs, in the clinic where I went, people with movement disorders were common, whenever I went there were some. I completely gave up on antipsychotics when I started to develop .

This all started slowly, around 17 years old, at first there were no hallucinations, I suddenly developed some kind of sensory disorder, when I talk to people I'm never 100% aware in conversation because my head is always capturing information from the body and environment. After a few months the problems started, the first hallucinations came. During a period I couldn't leave the house, because sometimes I was walking on the street and the hallucinatory episodes started.

I don't have a safe food, because everything causes me problems, sometimes I have intestinal spasms that travel to the whole body. The neuro said something about abdominal epilepsy. I think so much time with extreme bowel pain has worsened my condition or the culprit.

coloproctologist did not help at all. He said it was impossible for me to be feeling this much pain if the exams didn't find anything.

Lilac

Progesterone helped my mother a lot. In recent years, people on the board have talked about progesterone helping men a lot. Just a possibility.

Lilac

You should also look into serotonin syndrome. Haidut either wrote about this or talked about it on a Youtube, perhaps Danny Roddy. But I think it was a study he cited and posted about here. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) can reverse it. And it was diphenhydramine, in the form of Benadryl, that got my mother out of her last bout of hallucinations. We stumbled into the cure, just looking for a sleep aid. I found Haidut on serotonin syndrome after that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom