Helpless And Hopeless

Dhair

I think I'm starting to break.
I can find very little research about accutane and fluoroquinolone poisoning and I don't know what else I can do.
I live my life in a daze. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind. I have lost a ton of hair. The skin on my face crusts over and I can't think straight. I can hardly type these sentences.
I'm running out of money. My job is a commission based sales job and it's very stressful.
I know a doctor can not help me.
My diet is strict but I really haven't noticed any significant improvement at all.
I'm tired of the supplements. Nothing works.
I'm starting to have some genuinely suicidal thoughts, especially when reading that fluoroquinolone poisoning basically acts like a degenerative disease.
I know I sound like I'm whining, but I'm scared and lonely. I can't live like this for much longer.

Last edited:
M

marikay

Hi. I'm going to read through your old messages and see if there is anything I can suggest. Please hang in there.

passivity

I'm starting to have some genuinely suicidal thoughts, especially when reading that fluoroquinolone poisoning basically like a degenerative disease.
I know I sound like I'm whining,

You don't, I've read the horror stories, some people can't even walk again...

and you also took accutane and desvenlafaxine!

I think it's going to take a little longer to see any improvements.

M

marikay

From your earlier messages, you seem to be stressed out mostly by hair issues and whether or not you are attrative to young women. Was this what led you to taking the accutane and flouroquinolone?

tara

My diet is strict but I really haven't noticed any significant improvement at all.
What do you mean strict?
I haven't reread all your posts, but wonder if you have or would want to post a typical day's diet? Preferably a cronometer or similar listing showing nutrient estimates, or failing that a list of what and when and how much?

Are you getting daily sun on your skin?

Orion

I can find very little research about accutane and fluoroquinolone poisoning and I don't know what else I can do.
I live my life in a daze. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind. I have lost a ton of hair. The skin on my face crusts over and I can't think straight. I can hardly type these sentences.
I'm running out of money. My job is a commission based sales job and it's very stressful.
I know a doctor can not help me.
I'm tired of the supplements. Nothing works.
I'm starting to have some genuinely suicidal thoughts, especially when reading that fluoroquinolone poisoning basically acts like a degenerative disease.
I know I sound like I'm whining, but I'm scared and lonely. I can't live like this for much longer.

Two time accutaner myself. Doing zero fat is the only thing that has helped me, after decades of trying every diet, pill, supp, med, topical...

At 3 months now, skin issues, joint issues, bowel issues, dandruff issues, sleep issues, mental issues continue healing.

OP
D

Dhair

What do you mean strict?
I haven't reread all your posts, but wonder if you have or would want to post a typical day's diet? Preferably a cronometer or similar listing showing nutrient estimates, or failing that a list of what and when and how much?

Are you getting daily sun on your skin?
Two time accutaner myself. Doing zero fat is the only thing that has helped me, after decades of trying every diet, pill, supp, med, topical...

At 3 months now, skin issues, joint issues, bowel issues, dandruff issues, sleep issues, mental issues continue healing.
I think that most of the problems I'm having in terms of energy and cognitive function are due to fluoroqinolone poisoning. The aggressive hair loss and dry skin are the symptoms that I believe were caused by accutane.
My main problem is that i cannot find any information about these drugs that would be helpful for healing myself. Regarding the hair loss, haidut said that accutane may have suppressed my thyroid. But I did have blood tests taken several months after attempting my 2nd accutane cycle and my TSH was fine.
Almost a year after the accutane cycle, my hair was falling out very fast and I had become a chronic alcoholic. I lived off of pasta and cheap, disgusting high gravity beer. I was unemployed. I barely even remember 2014/2015.
The antibiotic poisoning threw me off track just when I thought I was getting better. I became more strict about my diet and supplement regime, but it wasn't very helpful at all. In March it will be a year since I was poisoned. The brain fog is unbearable. Things are marginally better, but I am not hopeful.
I wish I knew how to slow down my hair loss. I need SOMETHING to change for the better.

OP
D

Dhair

My diet consists of milk, OJ, eggs, cheese, beef liver, and some other Peat friendly things. I try to keep it relatively low fat. I will cheat maybe once every 2 weeks because I find the diet to be incredibly boring and not very stimulating at all. But I am diligent.
The hair loss has to stop. I can't be bald before I'm 30.

JCastro

Are you aware that TSH is mostly useless to check thyroid?

What's your temp and pulse? How's your energy and sleep?

Basically though, I sympathize. I have your same symptoms from different causes, and no one has helped me recover, not this forum, any forum, any doctor, practitioner. Thyroid and Cutler Mercury Chelation are my two last stands, other than that I will have to check out since this is no life worth living.

encerent

Just go to support groups for mental illnesses (think Fight Club). I dunno if they really really helped. But just talking to real people (not on the internet) and seeing how bad some people have it made me relativize things and get through 2014, and early 2015, which was the worst time of my life.

OP
D

Dhair

I seriously considered ending my life earlier today.
Every time I feel that I'm moving forward I fall back again. The poisoning seems to be permanent from all of the anecdotal reports that I've read.
My cognitive function changes from day to day and I constantly feel that I'm on the verge of a psychotic break.
Its been one year since my poisoning. I will not live through one more year of this.

OP
D

Dhair

Have you had your vitamin D measured?
I had blood work done earlier this week. I'm testing for vitamin D, TSH, estrone, estradiol, prolactin, cortisol.
My fear is that the labs will come back normal. I think the doctor already wants to send me to a psychiatrist because he thinks I'm just depressed and it's all in my head.

HDD

Do you take your pulse and temperature?

Since this is the end of winter, thyroid and vitamin d both might be low.

OP
D

Dhair

Do you take your pulse and temperature?

Since this is the end of winter, thyroid and vitamin d both might be low.
I live in the desert so that's not likely.
Temps are erratic. They usually top out at about 83-86 during the day.
My pulse is WILDLY erratic and not a reliable indicator of my thyroid function because I've dealt with high adrenaline for many years now. But it's always high. Pretty much never lower than 70s

HDD

Temperature 83-86? So, you get plenty of sun? I live in Florida, but many people will have low vitamin D due to avoiding the sun or using sunscreen.

I have a high pulse, too. Thyroid brings it down a little.

Orion

Hey, I think you are younger? But you should be able to regenerate with adequate nutrition.

Are you eating/drinking frequently, every 1-3hrs, keep stress hormones down.
More then 100g protein, with a low percentage from muscle meats.
Lots of calcium, low phosphate
Sugar or starch? Avoid starch if possible to reduce endotoxin
I think you were going to try low fat, to zero out the PUFA, any luck?
How is your sleep? Long deep stretches? or lots of waking?
Getting adequate A/E/K

OP
D

Dhair

Hey, I think you are younger? But you should be able to regenerate with adequate nutrition.

Are you eating/drinking frequently, every 1-3hrs, keep stress hormones down.
More then 100g protein, with a low percentage from muscle meats.
Lots of calcium, low phosphate
Sugar or starch? Avoid starch if possible to reduce endotoxin
I think you were going to try low fat, to zero out the PUFA, any luck?
How is your sleep? Long deep stretches? or lots of waking?
Getting adequate A/E/K
My body was already compromised before this incident.
My diet is solid. I get all the vitamins from liver but I ran out of my D supp.
I have read some medical literature that suggests that fluoroquinolones are neurotoxic.

Orion

I have read some medical literature that suggests that fluoroquinolones are neurotoxic.

I will have to go do some reading about these, I have no knowledge about them. So literature is saying no re-bound?

Probably already asked, but has Peat had any input on these type of antibiotics?

OP
D

Dhair

I will have to go do some reading about these, I have no knowledge about them. So literature is saying no re-bound?

Probably already asked, but has Peat had any input on these type of antibiotics?
The one I took is Levaquin.
It's hard to say. most people say that the damage is permanent, but they may just be talking about the other problems they can cause like tendinitis and nerve damage. But as I said, they are also neurotoxic.
I don't think Peat has commented on them. I wish I had his email because I would love to ask him what he thinks would help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals