Helping Mom With Alzheimer's

So I'm not a genius like most people on this forum. How dangerous would it be, if I started giving my mom a baby aspirin every day along with some K2 to see if it will help reverse her decline into Alzheimer's? She has very lucid days, and others she asks a lot of questions over and over. She is still on the front end of the disease, but serious enough that we were thinking about shutting her house down and bringing her to live with one of us. She has venous issues to the point where she has to go to the vein doctor almost once a month. Part of it is the Alzheimer's again playing in...she stands around and thinks about things, instead of realizing she has enough time to get outside and walk, which has always help her with her varicose veins. So she winds up getting sores on the bottom of her legs that break open and off we are again to the doctor. I'm bringing up the vein issues, because of some of what I've read about aspirin related to bleeding problems in relation to the veins being compromised.

dookie

So I'm not a genius like most people on this forum. How dangerous would it be, if I started giving my mom a baby aspirin every day along with some K2 to see if it will help reverse her decline into Alzheimer's? She has very lucid days, and others she asks a lot of questions over and over. She is still on the front end of the disease, but serious enough that we were thinking about shutting her house down and bringing her to live with one of us. She has venous issues to the point where she has to go to the vein doctor almost once a month. Part of it is the Alzheimer's again playing in...she stands around and thinks about things, instead of realizing she has enough time to get outside and walk, which has always help her with her varicose veins. So she winds up getting sores on the bottom of her legs that break open and off we are again to the doctor. I'm bringing up the vein issues, because of some of what I've read about aspirin related to bleeding problems in relation to the veins being compromised.

The main cause of dementia and varicose veins seems to be estrogen. A baby aspirin would be very safe, but a combined approach is usually the best for something as serious as Alzheimer's. Some people find progesterone remarkable for lowering estrogen, but in others it can actually increase some estrogenic symptoms; it is best to test out one thing at the time, and see how she responds. When you find a substance that works well with minimal side-effects, you can stack it with something else, and so on.

A high carbohydrate, moderate protein, low fat diet is best. The most important thing is keeping PUFA low (at most few grams per day), and overall fat should also be low, depending on her digestion. Endotoxin, produced by anything which irritates the bowels, synergizes with estrogen and damages the brain. If she can tolerate milk and orange juice, those are convenient foods. Otherwise cooked starches, meat, eggs, cheese, white sugars, cooked fruits and vegetables...

Caffeine, Coffee, DHT, Pregnenolone, Progesterone, Agmatine, Minocycline, Doxycycline, Amantadine, Cyproheptadine (0.5 mg at bedtime), Coconut oil, Methylene blue, Urea, Aminoguanidine, Vitamin B3 (niacinamide), Vitamins A-D-E (best when used on the skin in oil), Nicotine patch, Lidocaine (gel), Theanine, Taurine, Inosine, Magnesium, T3 (max 1 mcg dose) and other Anti-prolactin, Anti-estrogen, Anti-serotonin, Anti-nitric-oxide drugs are other things she can experiment with (although don't combine all of these, Use minimal dose, and with great care and attention). In my opinion, if a drug doesn't immediately produce some palpable improvements, there's no reason to keep giving it.

Get some labs done too, perhaps it is something easily treatable like hypothyroidism.

What is her age by the way?

OP
B
What is her age by the way?[/QUOTE]

She is 83. Thank you so much for all that info!! I put her on Pure Encapsulations pregnenolone 30 milligrams, and Karuna Pure progesterone a few weeks ago. Is there a good place to have the testing done? I also just started her on Terry Naturally Thyroid Care yesterday. What do you think about Curcumin as an anti-inflammatory?

Philomath

Dr. Peat said Naltroxone would be good for someone with Dementia/Alzheimer's. Starting out with reparative and protective substances before increasing metabolism.
I'm trying to get my 74 year old mom on LDN for her Alzheimers.

PeatThemAll

Endotoxin, produced by anything which irritates the bowels, synergizes with estrogen and damages the brain.
Wouldn't that be serotonin? If not, I'm curious about the link between irritation and bacteria behind endotoxin (aka the lipopolysaccharide component of the outer layer of Gram negative bacteria). Not nitpicking. Serotonin is already a handful by itself in gut irritation. But if endotoxin adds to the mix... double ouch.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals