Helpfulness of B Vit. Supp.

Demyze

If one is already meeting or exceeding their B-Vitamin requirements through nutrition (according to cronometer) would their be any benefit to taking a B-Vitamin supplement?

For people who follow a Ray Peat diet, what is your experience supplementing with extra B-vitamins?

Obviously the best route would be to experiment for myself but I am trying to stick to a budget and I'm not sure if the cost/benefit is there in this case. The proposed benefits of B vitamins are very intriguing, but if I'm getting eneough through food...

Thanks for any consideration and response :D

tara

Haidut's got some posts on studies of possible benefits from some specific B vits.
Peat often recommends niacinamide 50-100 grams 2 or more times a day. He sometimes recommends others for particular conditions. He also cautions that some B supps can be allergenic, and geerally warns about harmful excipients in many supplements. Dan Wich's toxinless.com website has info about excipients.

I started with niacinamide, and have gradually added in several other Bs. I'm not sure that I can isolate the effects of each one, but I notice a lift from taking them twice a day. I use powders (purebulk), and mix up the proportions I want once a week.

OP
Demyze

Demyze

Thanks Tara I'm going to look at my diet and consider niacinamide as I'm pretty sure I'm good on the others from my diet :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals